Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: SB Final: Louisiana 1, Stanford 4

Default Re: Softball vs stanford

Quote Originally Posted by CajunSID View Post
    Last year’s team could not beat a good team early in the season either. Worked out okay for them. Unfortunately just a couple players he was expecting big things from are really struggling.

He just got too aggressive with the schedule. Only complaint I have so far.
    That is good to know. I thought we were at least +.500 last season vs. P5 teams.

Last year’s team could not beat a good team early in the season either. Worked out okay for them. Unfortunately just a couple players he was expecting big things from are really struggling.

My biggest complaint is that the defense, which was our largest issue last year and costed us a few games, was supposed to be improved, and is worse

Quote Originally Posted by Big Buds View Post
    That is good to know. I thought we were at least +.500 last season vs. P5 teams.
    We were 3-10?? I think against the top 25 last year

Biggest surprise might be the bad defense so far, 2 errors and 3 more unearned runs today. Landry could sue for non support on the field and at the plate.

Our starting pitcher, 3 walks in a inning. Not good. Probably caused 3 runs

Quote Originally Posted by Tasso View Post
    Our starting pitcher, 3 walks in an inning. Not good. Probably caused 3 runs
    She only had 1 earned run. She is 1-5 with a 1.97 era this season

Quote Originally Posted by ragin50 View Post
    Biggest surprise might be the bad defense so far, 2 errors and 3 more unearned runs today. Landry could sue for non support on the field and at the plate.
    Unfortunately defense has been a weakness for a while. Just gets exposed more when the struggle to score runs is real.

Unfortunately defense has been a weakness for a while. Just gets exposed more when the struggle to score runs is real.
    The one bright spot in this game may have been Sam Ryan. She came in and pitched well, and gave up no runs in 2+ innings.

Quote Originally Posted by ragin50 View Post
    The one bright spot in this game may have been Sam Ryan. She came in and pitched well, and gave up no runs in 2+ innings.
    You are correct. That was definitely one of her best outings so far

We just brought in a new defensive coach this year. I guess it will take some time.

11. Default Re: Softball vs stanford

Quote Originally Posted by Tasso View Post
    We just brought in a new defensive coach this year. I guess it will take some time.
    Same story for the hitting coach?

Even with our defense last year, we still went to super regionals.

Think this is bad? Check back Sunday PM.

14. Ragin' Cajuns Softball: Stanford Secures Outcome with Late-Game Push Against Louisiana

Sam Landry and NiJaree Canady were locked in a one-run duel until No. 12 Stanford plated three runs in the fifth inning and went on to claim a 4-1 win over the Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Softball team on Friday, February 23 at the Lone Star State Invitational in Austin, Texas.

Landry limited the Cardinal (6-4) to a single unearned run over the first four innings until a pair of singles and free passes sparked the three-run fifth that increased the Stanford lead to 4-0.

Sam Ryan (2.1 IP, 1 H, 0 R, 2 K) halted the Cardinal's advancement, closing out the fifth and proceeding to pitch back-to-back scoreless innings of relief.

The Cajuns (6-6) got on the board in the sixth inning after Mihyia Davis reached on a misplayed grounder and later scored on Alexa Langeliers' sacrifice fly to center field.

Canady (7.0 IP, 1 H, 1 R, 10 K) yielded a subsequent hit by pitch, but retired the final four batters faced in the contest to fend off a late rally from the Cajuns.

Maddie Hayden's leadoff single in the fourth inning marked her team-leading ninth base hit (now 9-for-21) against Power 5 competition on the young season.

Friday's matchup marked the second-ever regular season meeting between Louisiana and Stanford and was the first since the 2000 NFCA Leadoff Classic in Columbus, Georgia.

Louisiana began a stretch of 15 consecutive games away from home with the start of play in the Lone Star State Invitational.

UP NEXT FOR LOUISIANA
    The Ragin' Cajuns return to Red and Charline McCombs Field on Friday afternoon for a 4:00 p.m. meeting with No. 2 Texas (8-0).

The contest with the Longhorns wraps up Day 1 for Louisiana at the Lone Star State Invitational.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread Information