Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: MBB Final: Louisiana 59, ULM 69

Default Re: Pretty Sad

We still cool with Bobby Big Fish's extension, or nah? Asking for all the empty seats in the Cajundome.

Quote Originally Posted by JamesTheJeweler View Post
    Getting attacked by the Rainbow Coalition in 3, 2, 1 ...........
    Do you know how hard it is to win in Fat–Ewing Coliseum

Anyone catch the post game? I didn’t bother.

No ____. I was looking for the game thread and nothing. Sad truth is that Marlin needs to use his bench more. Our starters are simply not as productive as they were during the first part of the season. Fields and Hardy have proven themselves to be guys that can come in and help you and we just don't use them as much as we should. We were down 5 in the first half and brought them in and ran the press, we created a 10 point swing in no time and got easy baskets.

Also, I don't know what is up with Fulks but he is not nearly as productive as he was last year. He's the slowest quick guy I've seen. He can't beat a defender off the dribble anymore and he's turning the ball over like crazy and somewhere along the road, he lost all confidence in his shot.

Default Re: It's still bassaball season

What’s the altitude in Monroe?

6. Ragin' Cajuns Men's Basketball: Cajun Offense Struggles in Defeat at ULM

The Louisiana men's basketball team couldn't get the offense going Thursday night at ULM.

The Ragin' Cajuns were held to 29.7 percent shooting in the second half and fell to the Warhawks in a defensive battle, 66-59, at Fant-Ewing Coliseum.

I have all but completely checked out from Cajuns basketball and I think a lot of fans are the same way. I'm a diehard and still find it to be more of a chore to watch the Fighting Fish take the floor every game. It may have taken 14 years, but Bob has completely killed any sort of excitement for Cajuns bball. And this is even after a tournament appearance!! We can blame the administration and marketing for the lack of support because they definitely deserve the criticism. But Bob Marlin has more to do with it in my opinion. If the diehards don't even care to watch, I don't see why the more casual fans would want to watch. And I don't blame them.

Default Re: It's still bassaball season

Quote Originally Posted by zeppelincajun View Post
    What’s the altitude in Monroe?
    72 feet!!!! Monroe for years has been known as the Mt Everest of collegiate athletics..a full 23' higher than Lafayette. Air gets crazy thin once one gets over 60'. I'm surprised that intelligent animal life exist at that altitude.

Quote Originally Posted by MountainDew View Post
    I have all but completely checked out from Cajuns basketball and I think a lot of fans are the same way. I'm a diehard and still find it to be more of a chore to watch the Fighting Fish take the floor every game. It may have taken 14 years, but Bob has completely killed any sort of excitement for Cajuns bball. And this is even after a tournament appearance!! We can blame the administration and marketing for the lack of support because they definitely deserve the criticism. But Bob Marlin has more to do with it in my opinion. If the diehards don't even care to watch, I don't see why the more casual fans would want to watch. And I don't blame them.
    Same. Basketball is always the bottom of my Cajun sports meter. I just prefer football and diamond sports.

MBB can be very exciting. I loved following some of teams over the past 20 or so years. These guys this year play with effort and I’ve become a fan of Kitenge and a couple others. But there is no excitement. Apathy sets in pretty quick.

I listened to most of the first half yesterday, but ended up just watching Troy and state on the U. Honestly envying stAte’s ability to pull a great crowd together, crank up some atmosphere and deliver a big win. A team fighting to break into the top 4 and they may take it from us.

Default Re: MBB Final: Louisiana 59, ULM 69

We had a game last night?

At least CBM didn’t go “let me get a tech, maybe that will fire the guys up” route coaches often do. The game was there for the taking. The guys kept firing away, abet much like Sgt. Shultz.

MBB isn’t the only sport at UL where apathy has set in. With the changes in all media the past few years, UL has failed to keep up. It’s a parasite eating away at the whole department.

Louisiana Tech - Loss
    McNeese - Loss
    Ap State - Loss
    Monroe - Loss
    Southern Miss - ?

Quote Originally Posted by anhil8tor View Post
    Louisiana Tech - Loss
    McNeese - Loss
    Ap State - Loss
    Monroe - Loss
    Southern Miss - ?
    Embrace the suck!

Quote Originally Posted by anhil8tor View Post
    Louisiana Tech - Loss
    McNeese - Loss
    Ap State - Loss
    Monroe - Loss
    Southern Miss - ?
    depressing

Basketball was the King of UL sports back in late 60's, 70's and even 80's. We were ranked in the top 20. It is hard to believe that this basketball program has digressed this much. The older fans have given up on this program.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread Information