Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Mizzou looking for AD

Default Re: Mizzou looking for AD

Quote Originally Posted by cajunfan96 View Post
    LOL! Athletically we would be know as the fighting R1"s
    I approve this message

Quote Originally Posted by CajunRed View Post
    This. Maggard has ZERO idea of what fans are thinking and concerned about… and he’s shown ZERO interest in trying to find out.
    The athletic department did a cool outreach thing about 6 years ago where people could submit questions for the AD and possibly have lunch with him. I got to go to one of the lunches. For the life of me, I can’t remember some of the feedback and if it was used. If I went now I’d be a bit more open to ask harder questions and give strong opinions.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunRed View Post
    This. Maggard has ZERO idea of what fans are thinking and concerned about… and he’s shown ZERO interest in trying to find out.
    You would think an AD would roam the aisles or concourse and engage with fans. Nah, he just stands on the sideline the entire game. I guess that’s cool, but why does he make his children stand with him? They could be the least bit interested.

Quote Originally Posted by CAJUNJUDO View Post
    You would think an AD would roam the aisles or concourse and engage with fans. Nah, he just stands on the sideline the entire game. I guess that’s cool, but why does he make his children stand with him? They could be the least bit interested.
    At football games, the AD generally has several on field presentations to handle during timeouts. That is probably why he stays on the sidelines. Dr. Maggard's kids are all grown and I don't believe any of them live in the area.

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunsmike View Post
    At football games, the AD generally has several on field presentations to handle during timeouts. That is probably why he stays on the sidelines. Dr. Maggard's kids are all grown and I don't believe any of them live in the area.
    Chick-Fil-A kid of the game presentation. But don’t let that get in the way of the agenda.

Quote Originally Posted by ZoomZoom View Post
    Chick-Fil-A kid of the game presentation. But don’t let that get in the way of the agenda.
    There's also other presentations, but don't that get in the way of your agenda. Dr Maggard is around the tailgate area visiting with fans. He's also at other games doing the same. It's actually crazy how accessible he is to fans.

Quote Originally Posted by cjr3888 View Post
    There's also other presentations, but don't that get in the way of the agenda. Dr Maggard is around the tailgate area visiting with fans. He's also at other games doing the same. It's actually crazy how accessible he is to fans.
    FIFY. I don’t have an agenda.

Dr. Maggard has always been easy to talk to while attending sporting events or other school functions.

You'll never please all of the people, all of the time.

I met Dr M at the last game in Boone. Ima nobody and we chatted for about 10 minutes. He seemed very approachable and asked for feedback.

Quote Originally Posted by cjr3888 View Post
    Dr Maggard is around the tailgate area visiting with fans. He's also at other games doing the same. It's actually crazy how accessible he is to fans.
    I can vouch for this.

This past football season, I had a friend visiting from Florida in town for his first Cajuns football game. Maggard came over and talked with us around the tailgate area. After Maggard left, I told my friend, "That is our Athletic Director Bryan Maggard."

My friend was blown away that our athletic director was walking around, talking to fans and shaking hands. My friend also said that would never happen at the two universities he attended.

I once sat in same row at a minor league baseball game as Jed Hoyer... about 8 seats in between us, but nobody else in the row.

He did not say one word to anybody the entire time. Not even people that worked for the team. Nor do i recall seeing him make any text messages or phone calls. And not sure he even wrote down any notes.

Wow. Seems like RPCA posts were wrong again.

I run into Maggard at times away from the athletic setting. He's always "on the job", but very personable. Glad he is our AD.

I knew people that went straight in to office to talk to scott farmer.

15. Default Re: Mizzou looking for AD

Brian and Kerry Maggard have battled cancer through all this.

He has had a lot on his plate.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information