Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Michigan State will pay Louisiana $600,000 for cancelling football game

Support Michigan State will pay Louisiana $600,000 for cancelling football game

https://t.co/00Y6S1dF4Q

“Michigan State, which formally canceled a Sept. 14 game against Louisiana, will pay Prairie View A&M $500,000 for playing at Spartan Stadium that same date and Louisiana will get $600,000 after it swapped out playing in East Lansing for a game at Wake Forest on Sept. 28, according to documents obtained by MLive via a Freedom of Information Act request.”

Default Re: Michigan State will pay Louisiana $600,000 for cancelling football game

So people can put their pitchforks away now. A few of us tried to say the sky wasn’t falling.

Default Re: Michigan State will pay Louisiana $600,000 for cancelling football game

Well there you have it.

Quote Originally Posted by Million$Mullet View Post
    So people can put their pitchforks away now. A few of us tried to say the sky wasn’t falling.
    I mean...some of us just wanted to know what took place, and there being crickets this whole time was understandably frustrating.

In the end, I'm very pleased to know this is what actually happened.

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunrunner View Post
    I mean...some of us just wanted to know what took place, and there being crickets this whole time was understandably frustrating.
    Exactly, open your frickin mouths, damn! How is this that hard to do?

Quote Originally Posted by Million$Mullet View Post
    It was more along the lines of national articles stating that it was us who cancelled. It would’ve been nice for us to clarify that.

Okay, this is funny. How many weeks later?

The fact that the narrative that we backed out was not addressed immediately is complete nonsense. All parties knew from the get go what the terms of the deal and cancellation were.

Exactly

Good, a happy ending. Maybe Michigan St. terms to UL were to keep quiet about the circumstances to get the refund? No biggie whether a road game to Michigan St. or Wake Forest.

And maybe there were some negotiations ongoing.

But it wasn’t just wanting to know, it went immediately to fire maggard and he is an
    Idiot now P5’s will never schedule us again bc he can’t be trusted and We are out half a million.

A "free" marlin extension year can be paid for now

Quote Originally Posted by Esqueleto View Post
    Exactly, open your frickin mouths, damn! How is this that hard to do?
    This forum never ceases to amaze. And I get the frustration sometimes. But I don’t see how a reasonable person would think UL was gonna take a $600,000 bath by backing out of a contract just to schedule WF.

As to why they didn’t come out and address it, I don’t know. Maybe maintain relationships?? Someone’s about to hand you a $600k check for something. I’m not gonna embarrass them.

Heck maybe we can get them down here one day. Why burn a bridge just to appease a couple fans who want to complain incessantly about everything and fire everyone on a daily basis
    anyway.

I understand the frustrations of not getting the information we all wanted. I think it had to do with some legal things. Maybe a gag order? Idk bottom line is now we have proof and the sky isn’t falling. So when we see people saying we backed out on socials they can be corrected. Geaux Cajuns.

Quote Originally Posted by ULvictory View Post
    https://t.co/00Y6S1dF4Q

“Michigan State, which formally canceled a Sept. 14 game against Louisiana, will pay Prairie View A&M $500,000 for playing at Spartan Stadium that same date and Louisiana will get $600,000 after it swapped out playing in East Lansing for a game at Wake Forest on Sept. 28, according to documents obtained by MLive via a Freedom of Information Act request.”
    I love the press release wording. Bottom line, Sparty broke the deal. Dare I say, with all the changes within their football program, they NEEDED a guaranteed win, and were not confident Louisiana would be an easy win. But a SWAC school could. And folks in Michigan smelled a rat and filed the FOIA request. UL stayed out of it not to disturb connections made, or was part of the agreement, let MSU take the heat. And UL banks an easy 600k.

All makes sense now.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information