Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast

Thread: BB Final: Louisiana 6, Wright State 7

Default Re: Is Saturday baseball televised?

Quote Originally Posted by Big Poppa View Post
    So you want to bring 3 teams in every weekend do it like a tournament format like the conference and regional tourneys? How would you propose putting a 62 game schedule together w/o weekend series?
    speaking of apples to oranges… the problem posed was that it is difficult to sweep a 3 game series…

these new items you now present, were not part of that. for your goalpost move i suppose you would need to check the ncaa regs and see if 62 games is mandatory for starters.
    but being 1-0 every non conf weekend as opposed to being 2-1 seemingly would help rpi.
    and school doesnt seem important anymore to many involved in sports maybe the “weekend” does not need to be the focus any longer.

Default Re: BB Final: Louisiana 6, Wright State 7

Quote Originally Posted by fpc4life99 View Post
    Can someone do the win percentages of the 2 coaches while at UL, being my statistics appears to be incorrect by some?
    great idea

also while we are at it… a win in postseason baseball regional is not the same as a win in march madness basketball, since you could still lose the same round…. if that were the case, the basketball coach should be able to say, hey i never lost 2 ncaa postseason games in same year

Quote Originally Posted by fpc4life99 View Post
    Could you please elaborate on why comparing win percentages between two coaches is not akin to comparing apples to apples, and suggest a more appropriate comparison?
    I don’t know. Maybe because who each has played, relative to how good the opponents are on the national scale, are different. Maybe because in baseball, playing a certain team can widely vary in how good they are on that day depending on what pitchers they use. Which is the answer to the other point about why baseball plays series.

Winning 2 of 3 all year in baseball (against a quality schedule) gets you a regional at large bid. Winning 2 of 3 all year against the schedules UL basketball plays, gets you a bye in the conference tournament

I know both of you are smarter than this, and are likely just doing some trolling here.

Quote Originally Posted by RougaWhite&Blue View Post
    great idea
    home winning pct:

There are less D1 baseball teams than basketball teams yet the standard for postseason is still 64.
    Anyone except RP posters might come to the conclusion that Making postseason in baseball is easier. And RP posters would as well if we had a different basketball coach.

There are less D1 baseball teams than basketball teams yet the standard for postseason is still 64.
    Anyone except RP posters might come to the conclusion that Making postseason in baseball is easier. And RP posters would as well if we had a different basketball coach.
    Well the SBC baseball will be a top 5 baseball league and have 4 maybe 5 teams make regionals. Two of those may be national seeds.

While SBC basketball is in the bottom half of D1 basketball.

There are 300 baseball teams and 350 basketball teams. So in theory, your point is true.

But in actuality, are any of those 51 extra teams even relevant to the conversation about making the field of 64?

A few days of hot shooting from 3 can get a terrible basketball team into the tourney. It happens nearly every season.

Bad teams being able to win 5 or 6 baseball games in 5 or 6 days is MUCH less likely. It’s very rare, although Tulane last year would be an example.

I don’t understand the point of this conversation if I’m being honest. So I’ll step away and get ready for today’s baseball game. It’s a big one. Geaux Cajuns.

See also if 4 or 5 from sbc were given spots each year in hoops marlin may not have ever missed.

The point is game 3 of the season between two teams without a winning record is not a big one

See also if 4 or 5 from sbc were given spots each year in hoops marlin may not have ever missed.
    Spots aren’t given they are earned.

WTF has a Marlin led team done to earn an at large spot?

I’ll wait

Quote Originally Posted by cajun4life View Post
    Spots aren’t given they are earned.

WTF has a Marlin led team done to earn an at large spot?

I’ll wait
    I’m not sure why yall even engage. Did you enjoy stabbing yourself with that javelin?

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunrunner View Post
    I’m not sure why yall even engage. Did you enjoy stabbing yourself with that javelin?
    lol yeah no kidding.

Games Marlin lost at home in 14 seasons to schools i never heard of: 1
    Games Deggs lost at home to schools I never heard of in last 14 pre-conf games: 2

Lots of yapping about nothing. That was as good of an opening weekend baseball series as I’ve seen in a long time. Great play from both teams and we came out on top 2/3.

I’m excited to watch this pitching staff this year from top to bottom.

also while we are at it… a win in postseason baseball regional is not the same as a win in march madness basketball, since you could still lose the same round…. if that were the case, the basketball coach should be able to say, hey i never lost 2 ncaa postseason games in same year

Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast

Thread Information