Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast

Thread: BB Final: Louisiana 6, Wright State 7

Default Re: Is Saturday baseball televised?

Quote Originally Posted by Big Buds View Post
    Bro, if you can’t tell they are a legit ball club I don’t know what to tell you. They are Junior and Senior laden with a bunch of leaders. You don’t make a Regional every year since ‘18 without having some dogs.

Ah, yes, the saga of the mighty Wright State team, a group so stellar they practically shine brighter than the sun. Returning from their victorious escapades of yesteryear, where they conquered over 50% of their non-conference opponents (a feat to rival the gods, surely), they then gallantly brushed aside the likes of the esteemed No5 (25-32) Milwaukee Panthers and the illustrious No2 (29-31) Golden Grizzlies of Oakland. With only a solitary blemish on their record in the land of their conference, they've stormed through the regionals with the grace of a bull in a china shop, emerging victorious in precisely zero out of two tournaments.

Truly, we should count our lucky stars to even be graced with the opportunity to witness their greatness this weekend. But mark my words, my dear fellow baseball enthusiasts, for when we face off against the mere mortals of the SEC and American conferences in the coming weeks, it shall be a spectacle to behold. With but a fraction of the effort we've witnessed in these initial encounters, we shall undoubtedly sweep the field with the ease of a breeze through an open field. Oh yes, just you wait and see.

Default Re: BB Final: Louisiana 6, Wright State 7

It's early. When this team hits its stride, I believe it's gonna be special.

Quote Originally Posted by fpc4life99 View Post
    Ah, yes, the saga of the mighty Wright State team, a group so stellar they practically shine brighter than the sun. Returning from their victorious escapades of yesteryear, where they conquered over 50% of their non-conference opponents (a feat to rival the gods, surely), they then gallantly brushed aside the likes of the esteemed No5 (25-32) Milwaukee Panthers and the illustrious No2 (29-31) Golden Grizzlies of Oakland. With only a solitary blemish on their record in the land of their conference, they've stormed through the regionals with the grace of a bull in a china shop, emerging victorious in precisely zero out of two tournaments.

Truly, we should count our lucky stars to even be graced with the opportunity to witness their greatness this weekend. But mark my words, my dear fellow baseball enthusiasts, for when we face off against the mere mortals of the SEC and American conferences in the coming weeks, it shall be a spectacle to behold. With but a fraction of the effort we've witnessed in these initial encounters, we shall undoubtedly sweep the field with the ease of a breeze through an open field. Oh yes, just you wait and see.
    You’re trying too hard.

One thing I can guarantee you, the best team in the country wouldn’t go undefeated playing Wright State every game of the season.

Not to mention its opening weekend. We have exactly 2 guys back playing where they played last year, and they happen to be a combined 0/15 so far…which will certainly change. More than half the lineup had never taken a D1 at bat, and neither starting pitcher we’ve thrown had previously thrown a pitch in D1.

Winning 2 of 3 this weekend would be a good result, regardless of how misinformed your opinion of the opponent is.

Good lord. LOL

My observations after two games. The pitching is way better throwing strikes no walk fests like last year. Gunner has a game plan and they are trying to execute it. Offense will come around Higgs and Debo and Taylor will hit its early. Lafleur bat is very encouraging to see this. Langevin last night was impressive. I see good things coming with this group. We knew the outfield was going to be a work in progress hell Rocco and Hood was gold glove caliber out there can’t expect that every year. The wind today was brutal for any outfielder. Take two of 3 tomorrow and continue to grow as a team.

Quote Originally Posted by ragincajun97 View Post
    Our best players haven’t done ____ yet all season
    Hahahahaha...All Season!!!

Quote Originally Posted by sportsfanatic21 View Post
    You’re trying too hard.

One thing I can guarantee you, the best team in the country wouldn’t go undefeated playing Wright State every game of the season.

Not to mention its opening weekend. We have exactly 2 guys back playing where they played last year, and they happen to be a combined 0/15 so far…which will certainly change. More than half the lineup had never taken a D1 at bat, and neither starting pitcher we’ve thrown had previously thrown a pitch in D1.

Winning 2 of 3 this weekend would be a good result, regardless of how misinformed your opinion of the opponent is.
    This!

You’re trying too hard.

It's quite convenient that I don't need to exert much effort. Fortunately, I've developed tools that allow me to swiftly generate detailed statistics and text. Given the investments I've made in my degrees, the dividends are certainly paying off.

I'll graciously allow you to maintain the illusion that the team we're facing this weekend ranks among the finest opponents on this years schedule. However, a cursory examination of elementary statistics would reveal otherwise. This approach safeguards your emotional well-being, and we can all partake in this facade together.

It's quite convenient that I don't need to exert much effort. Fortunately, I've developed tools that allow me to swiftly generate detailed statistics and text. Given the investments I've made in my degrees, the dividends are certainly paying off.

I'll graciously allow you to maintain the illusion that the team we're facing this weekend ranks among the finest opponents on this years schedule. However, a cursory examination of elementary statistics would reveal otherwise. This approach safeguards your emotional well-being, and we can all partake in this facade together.
    Nobody said Wright State “ranks among the finest opponents on this years schedule’’ (although they might when it’s all said and done). But they finished in the top 80 in RPI last year. So they obviously are better than you seem to think. I’m not sure what statistics you’re looking at, but 7 of their guys that got hits today, and also drove in all 7 of their runs were starters in a regional last year. Four of them in each of the last two seasons. One is a top 50 prospect for this summers MLB draft and has a shot at being selected higher than any player in UL history.

That said, as I mentioned, the Cajuns have a ton of new faces in the lineup…and we are TWO games into the season. And 6 of the 7 runs allowed today came against freshman pitchers making their collegiate debut. Have you made a collegiate athletics debut? It’s not easy, and chances are they will improve as we go along…as hard as that may be to believe. And they may be MUCH better after having played 3 seasons and taken part in multiple regionals like a bunch of the dudes in the other dugout have done. And likely will be much better with just a few games under their belts.

I stand by my statement that winning 2 of 3 this weekend would be an excellent result. And will help the team RPI at season’s end. Losing a 1-run game against these guys brings zero shame. And the Cajuns will have to play well tomorrow to win the series.

I love this forum…lol! Is Wright St great? Absolutely not. But UL is gonna lose to worse teams than this in 2024. Just want to prepare you for it now.

We got a couple guys pressing early (it happens), some poor ABs here/there, some def hiccups here/there, couple arms that could have done better in their 1st outing of the year.

Now that I breathe for a second…yeah, I’ll take this team.

12. Default Re: Is Saturday baseball televised?

Nobody said Wright State “ranks among the finest opponents on this years schedule’’ ....
    Literally nobody

Quote Originally Posted by ZoomZoom View Post
    LOL. Well done

The best college teams in the country routinely lose 20 percent of their games, many to opponents of Wright State’s caliber. For most teams, losing at least 1/3 of their games is a given.

You try too hard.

Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast

Thread Information