Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst . 6 7 8 9

Thread: Baylor Takes the Three Game Series 2-1

1. Default Re: SB G3 Final: Louisiana 2, Baylor 3

Quote Originally Posted by 8675309 View Post
    Do we have the recruiting budget to recruit kids from all over the place? The Houston area along has more 5A schools than Louisiana.
    The vast majority of recruiting is done from attending the major travel ball tournaments. UL has a representative at all of the major travel tourneys.

Default Re: SB G3 Final: Louisiana 2, Baylor 3

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Hemphill View Post
    The vast majority of recruiting is done from attending the major travel ball tournaments. UL has a representative at all of the major travel tourneys.
    This right here. And it’s made the crapshoot that is recruiting so much harder.

Quote Originally Posted by 8675309 View Post
    Do we have the recruiting budget to recruit kids from all over the place? The Houston area along has more 5A schools than Louisiana.
    More than 50% of the players on the roster are from the Houston area. So, there you go.

Quote Originally Posted by roarman View Post
    More than 50% of the players on the roster are from the Houston area. So, there you go.
    The Houston Metro has more people than the entire state of Louisiana.

5. Default Re: SB G3 Final: Louisiana 2, Baylor 3

Quote Originally Posted by roarman View Post
    It's obvious that Nathan Nelson from the Hotshots organization has Glasco on his speed dial. With all of the talent in Texas alone, to have the majority of the players on your roster coming from one organization reeks of laziness to me. Seems like Glasco is focusing on one place to get his talent. You look at the roster for any other major D1 program (like LSU), you see girls representing several different travel ball organizations. Makes one wonder if Glasco is even trying try to build relationships with other travel organizations. To me, it seems like UL is settling with getting the best players from just the Hotshot organization while overlooking more talented players from other organizations. Glasco's strategy to build his roster is to recruit players who have entered the portal for whatever reason and then fill in the gaps with recruiting girls from the Hotshot organization who draws its talent from mainly from the Houston metro area. Right now, that plan doesn't appear to be working very well with the program currently sitting with a 6-5 record.

6. Default Re: SB G3 Final: Louisiana 2, Baylor 3

Quote Originally Posted by SportyCajun459 View Post
    It's obvious that Nathan Nelson from the Hotshots organization has Glasco on his speed dial. With all of the talent in Texas alone, to have the majority of the players on your roster coming from one organization reeks of laziness to me. Seems like Glasco is focusing on one place to get his talent. You look at the roster for any other major D1 program (like LSU), you see girls representing several different travel ball organizations. Makes one wonder if Glasco is even trying try to build relationships with other travel organizations. To me, it seems like UL is settling with getting the best players from just the Hotshot organization while overlooking more talented players from other organizations. Glasco's strategy to build his roster is to recruit players who have entered the portal for whatever reason and then fill in the gaps with recruiting girls from the Hotshot organization who draws its talent from mainly from the Houston metro area. Right now, that plan doesn't appear to be working very well with the program currently sitting with a 6-5 record.
    Who cares what LSU is doing. The Cajuns beat them in Baton Rouge last season to advance and a quick look at the Hotshot program shows they have girls from the west to the east coast.

Quote Originally Posted by SportyCajun459 View Post
    I think Glasco has done an outstanding job with recruiting. Given the challenges many have listed (P5 commitment to game and now NIL), that he can still get elite players here is impressive.

And it’s not just Nate Nelson. He’s worked the portal and other orgs. Only slight criticism I’d throw on him is the schedule. Got a little too aggressive this year, which he has hinted at.

And I completely understand why he got so aggressive given how hard it is for UL to host a regional now.

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst . 6 7 8 9

Thread Information