Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Baseball Attendance

Default Re: Baseball Attendance

If we didnt have to pay for smart phones and cellular plans to get the tickets the fans may have more money to spen inside or donate back to the program

Go look at the pictures. There were empty seats everywhere. The count is accurate. All you have to do is go on paciolan and see how many seats are available for today’s game. It’s a lot.

I hope you are joking.

Quote Originally Posted by Million$Mullet View Post
    Go look at the pictures. There were empty seats everywhere.
    Very true. Crowd was heavy in the sections behind home, but got thin in a hurry outward.

I would say less than half full. I'm guessing the 2500 was accurate and a reflection of actual butts in seats. 2500 seems low if we are reporting paid attendance. We'll find out today since I expect smaller amount of butts in seats given the wind/cold.

Rain last night kept people away for sure. But overall not a bad turnout in those conditions. There were even empty seats in the covered portions of the grandstand. Let's gett'em again today!

Quote Originally Posted by Esqueleto View Post
    Y'all have to admit that baseball attendance has been pretty ____ty for a few years now, unless it's LSU.
    It's another venue that was overbuilt for this fanbase. The old tigue was the perfect amount of seats.
    I disagree. We have the appropriate facility for baseball. But we out priced our traditional fan base.

Crowd was loud on TV.

Rainy baseball way outdraws the climate controlled and streaking basketball. Even with softball also hosting a big 12 school next door.

Sorry, had to do it.

Quote Originally Posted by cajun4life View Post
    I disagree. We have the appropriate facility for baseball. But we out priced our traditional fan base.
    Currently have tickets for $3 on SeatGeek through our new system, hopefully that changes moving forward

There are seats available in the bleachers, but that's about it. Everything else is almost sold out. There are only 41 resale seats available on seat geek.

But we out priced our traditional fan base.
    FB about to say “hold my beer”.

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    I attributed the lack of a basball ticket drive to "no need" due to mostly sold out and everyone renewing automatically.

I guess a, ticket drive is always needed regardless of previous demand.
    On this note, when was the last real promotional drive for a diamond sport? Last one I can remember was “Lets Go Glasco” his first year

Quote Originally Posted by ZoomZoom View Post
    We have champagne taste with a beer budget.

Quote Originally Posted by ZoomZoom View Post
    They could shrink the stadium to 20,000 with the prices and still may not sell out.

They could shrink the stadium to 20,000 with the prices and still may not sell out.
    Wait for the re-seating...in three years, and after baking in the sun for two years.

1534 today. Seems about right. I think we are counting buts in seats. Surely more season tickets than that were sold.

I wonder why the change in reporting - especially when that's not what everyone else is reporting. Different metric.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread Information