Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Baseball Attendance

I have a Question Baseball Attendance

Didn't want to detract from the promising start to the season in the game thread, so I'm making this it's own thing. Reported attendance tonight was 2,522. Not counting the Covid season, this was our lowest attended game since 2015, and 2,522 is 1,000 fans less than our lowest attended game last season. Only a few possibilities I can think of 1.) season ticket sales have plummeted 2.) misreporting 3.) we've switched to reporting by actual attendance. Baseball attendance has been on a gradual decline, but this is a huge jump down. Record lows in attendance are becoming a trend at UL lately. Very sad.

Default Re: Baseball Attendance

Definitely misreported. No way that stadium was less than half full

Quote Originally Posted by ragincajun97 View Post
    Definitely misreported. No way that stadium was less than half full
    I went to softball so didn't get to see tonight. Hoping maybe just a typo, and it was actually 3,522. Down 1,000 tickets after back to back Regionals would be crazy.

I was there and it was definitely at least 2/3 full which would be around 4k

Quote Originally Posted by ragincajun97 View Post
    I was there and it was definitely at least 2/3 full which would be around 4k
    Ul doing Ul accounting

They were using new ticket scanners and not very well. There are some kinks to work out. It took 20 minutes to scan 100 tickets at the handicap lot gate

I'm sure weather was a factor too. It was raining pretty hard for most of that game.

Watched the game on ESPN+. While the stadium definitely wasn't full, I think 2500 is incorrect. Looked like 3500+ to me. But if there was a drop in attendance, I would say the weather didn't help along with softball hosting a top 25 team at the same time.

That sure was the largest looking 2,500 I’ve ever seen.

Quote Originally Posted by ColoradoCajun View Post
    I'm sure weather was a factor too. It was raining pretty hard for most of that game.
    There is no way attendance was 2,500. I could believe 3,500 although I think it was slightly more than that

When a university can't count right is a problem

From my vantage point, 2522 looked like an accurate number. The stadium appeared to be half full. However, I will admit my ability to estimate these types of figures is lacking.

The rain was probably the biggest factor in preventing a capacity crowd. The softball game also took some attendees away.

I was there and it was easily 3,500+. It was a great crowd, especially considering the rain and semi-cold conditions.

I think 2500 was accurate. Empty seats all throughout the grandstand and the left field stands were pretty sparse. I even went on paciolan yesterday before the game to see how many seats were available and to my surprise pretty much the entire left field was available. There were plenty in the right field bleachers as well. I blame the rain for the no shows but even up until the game there was over half the stadium available for purchase so who knows.

This one is similar to basketball last week where given the circumstances I could see the butts in seats being low, but it’s alarming that few tickets were sold (if that’s how we’re still reporting).

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread Information