Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Baseball Attendance

Default Re: Baseball Attendance

Just judging from the parking lot, it seems like more than 2500 were there. I had to park half way to Congress street, so that is a lot of cars parked in the lot. I also assume most cars and trucks had at least two or three fans per vehicle. It seems like in the past, smaller looking crowds were announced with a higher attendance figure. Who really knows!

Quote Originally Posted by Duggie35 View Post
    Just judging from the parking lot, it seems like more than 2500 were there. I had to park half way to Congress street, so that is a lot of cars parked in the lot. I also assume most cars and trucks had at least two or three fans per vehicle. It seems like in the past, smaller looking crowds were announced with a higher attendance figure. Who really knows!
    Same here. Reporting vs. Actual I have no clue either. But when I took a right off Congress, pulled into swamp and headed toward Baseball, it was a tremendous amount of cars. Lot of new fans too. Far too many parked next to CF vs the getaway positions. Awesome crowd. Awesome start. LFG.

Today we should be able to confirm how tickets are reported. I don't think there will even be 1k butts in the seats with today's weather.

4. Default Re: Baseball Attendance

I attributed the lack of a basball ticket drive to "no need" due to mostly sold out and everyone renewing automatically.

I guess a, ticket drive is always needed regardless of previous demand.

Y'all have to admit that baseball attendance has been pretty ____ty for a few years now, unless it's LSU.
    It's another venue that was overbuilt for this fanbase. The old tigue was the perfect amount of seats.

Quote Originally Posted by Esqueleto View Post
    Today we should be able to confirm how tickets are reported. I don't think there will even be 1k butts in the seats with today's weather.
    Seems like they would have moved to a Sunday doubleheader like softball is doing.

For all ncaa sports, paid attendance is used. All stadiums all sports, been like that for years

Quote Originally Posted by Professor View Post
    For all ncaa sports, paid attendance is used. All stadiums all sports, been like that for years
    If that's the case, some fans need to pay for their tickets! LOL!

Y'all have to admit that baseball attendance has been pretty ____ty for a few years now, unless it's LSU.
    It's another venue that was overbuilt for this fanbase. The old tigue was the perfect amount of seats.
    Maybe gradual was the wrong word for the drops (300-500 less per game each year if I remember correctly). This year to start off with a crowd 1,000+ less than the lowest of last year though? That’s concerning.

We were still 15 in the NCAA on average attendance last year

Quote Originally Posted by Professor View Post
    Then over 1,000 people in the stands last night didn’t pay for a ticket

To reiterate what Swamp and Duggie said though, I never would’ve guessed the number would be that low after passing by. Looked like a ton of cars.

Quote Originally Posted by ragincajun97 View Post
    We were still 15 in the NCAA on average attendance last year
    Now do people that actually attend. Seems those folks grew tired of paying for seats they don't use. Similar to RV and regular tailgating.

First night with a new ticket system, a guy that walked in front of me his digital ticket wouldn’t scan but they let him in.

Exactly, but the ticket was paid for so it was counted

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread Information