Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Lamar Morgan

Default Re: Lamar Morgan

Quote Originally Posted by RedTails View Post
    Something must be coming down the pipe. Agents (i.e. Jimmy Sexton) are probably telling their guys don't be on the wrong side of the imminent split.
    get to the top of the NIL food chain, there is so much out of these coaches control now with NIL, especially if you are at the bottom of the money.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunT View Post
    Two questions arise with Chad Staggs. 1) Staggs is in the running for the HC position at Georgia State after Coach Elliot left earlier this week to join the staff at South Carolina. 2) What exactly has he done as a DC at Georgia State?
    They promote the S&C coach as interm. He was solid at CC also better than the unemployed or D2 coaches that have been hired as of late.

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Malkinson View Post
    They promote the S&C coach as interm. He was solid at CC also better than the unemployed or D2 coaches that have been hired as of late.
    Just saw that they promoted the S&C Coach, but the word is temporary. I'm not sure there are not better candidates out there at this time that have been former DC's. But Staggs wouldn't be at the top of my list. Who knows what Coach Dez is going to do, but it's an understatement to say this hire is important. There is no room for a DC learning on the job in year three.

4. Default Re: Lamar Morgan

Quote Originally Posted by cajuns80 View Post
    Lamar is taking over as Michigan DB coach.
    This is definitly a twist.

Louisiana has HIRED coaches coming OFF of a national championship game before, Stokley and Bustle come to mind.

I don't think Louisiana has ever had a coach LEAVE for a program that was coming off of a national championship game.

Quote Originally Posted by CrazyCajun View Post
    yes, bc national champion blue blood programs normally hire bad coaches, good grief. He was highly recommended by the DC who is leaving that program for the NFL.
    Lamar's defense was statistically a top 4 defense in the SBC with a defense that had been gutted by NIL/Portal. I think he knew what he was doing.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunNation View Post
    Lamar's defense was statistically a top 4 defense in the SBC with a defense that had been gutted by NIL/Portal. I think he knew what he was doing.
    I also

I don’t think being a top 4 defense in the sun belt is saying anything. The problem is that when we needed a stop, the other team more times than not, were successful at converting or scoring a TD. Good luck to him. I believe we can do much better. Now will we do better remains to be seen. I’m interested to see what Des does from here.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunNation View Post
    So now top 4 in SBC is good, this seems to run counter to numerous marlin posts

Another one of those long drawn out national searches:

The hire appears to bring to end a whirlwind 10-day stretch in the defensive backs room, which began Feb. 7, when former defensive backs coach Steve Clinkscale told the team he was staying for the upcoming season.

That was until early Saturday morning

Quote Originally Posted by RougaWhite&Blue View Post
    So now top 4 in SBC is good, this seems to run counter to numerous marlin posts
    Well SBC basketball is the 20th ranked conference.

Quote Originally Posted by tank View Post
    I also
    We had some back 7 issues in 3rd down. That was our biggest problem.

Good luck to Lamar. Nice guy but nice guys don’t make good D Coordinators. He alone was why we lost half our games. Moving on.

Quote Originally Posted by ULGrad@HOU View Post
    Wonder who Des has on his list of probable DC's. Maybe bring back Patrick Toney? What do ya'll think?
    He's got an NFL gig now. I doubt he'd come back at the amount we'd pay him. BTW, Blaine Gautier is also coaching with the Cardinals

Quote Originally Posted by UL_Cajuns View Post
    Good luck to Lamar. Nice guy but nice guys don’t make good D Coordinators. He alone was why we lost half our games. Moving on.
    Also, though, we get blown out by Jacksonville State in the bowl game if our defense doesn't score three TDs.

15. Default Re: Lamar Morgan

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunrunner View Post
    Also, though, we get blown out by Jacksonville State in the bowl game if our defense doesn't score three TDs.
    I think that game helped get Lamar noticed by Michigan.

Outstanding job.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread Information