ODU 59

Default Re: MBB: Ragin’ Cajuns Head East to Take on ODU

UL covers the 3.5 spread, O/U was 149.5

6. Default Re: MBB: Ragin’ Cajuns Head East to Take on ODU

Final
    LA   68
    ODU 60

Default Re: MBB Final: Louisiana 68, ODU 60

Hardwood double dip with men’s and women’s both victorious.

They announced 5265 attendance. Ain’t no way. Maybe had 1500-2000 there.
    Since everyone lies let’s just start announcing 3500 every game.
    Maybe then @FauxMarlin will let us all in the forbidden Tap room.

Another W!

9. Default Re: MBB Final: Louisiana 68, ODU 60

Quote Originally Posted by UL_Cajuns View Post

Another W!
    …..ole D the worst free throw shooters ever….what was their %???

10-18, 55.6%. ODU had a poor night shooting period. 37.7% FG, 17.4% from 3. Cajuns definitely had something to do with those numbers.

https://www.espn.com/mens-college-ba...meId/401581683

App will be a major challenge, they’re on a roll. And the UL staff has the guys playing great perimeter defense. We’ll see come Saturday.

11. Default Re: MBB Final: Louisiana 68, ODU 60

Quote Originally Posted by UL_Cajuns View Post

Another W!
    A couple of things, I agree it did not look like 5K +, that is some over reporting there. I also watch the Troy v Arkansas State game and I don't know what the announced attendance was but for a team that was in first place in the conference, the attendance was atrocious. I don't believe there were close to 2K in Troy last night.

Secondly, I can wrap up what is wrong with UL basketball team in 1 word, physicality. Let me preface this by saying, I really like this team and think we have some really good pieces, but we have been blown out in only 2 games all year, we have had a chance to win 24 of the 26 games we have played, but in 7 of those losses we were physically outplayed in the latter half of the 2nd half because of our lack of strength.

If you look at the 9 rotational players that have gotten any significant playing time that are still on the team (Blake Butler does not count) we are not a physically gifted team. Let's look at the starting 5. Themus has a fairly muscular build for a PG, but he is still a smallish PG by D1 standards, Kentrell is a great shooter and solid on defense but undersized at the 2, I love Kobe and he is, arguably the best player on the team, but I would not consider him strong, Carencro Joe is one of my favorite all time players for the Cajuns, but he is a rail and Kitenge, while physically large, is not what I would consider strong, by any stretch and while his physical build is much better that what I expected when I heard he was coming to us, he is still not a prototypical big man. Then look at our bench rotation, Mike Thomas is playing incredible basketball right now, but he is a very small PG off the bench, Kyren Ratliff is a strong big kid, but still a freshman and still figuring it out, but even he is not what I would consider "strong", London Fields is undersized physically and the only guy on the team that is a physically "strong" athlete is Brandon Hardy.

I look at allot of the teams we have played and even beaten, like Arkansas State, USA, Bowling Green and some we have lost to, like Georgia State, Troy and others and you can see the physicality in them. I think when it comes to late in games, we are out muscled by other teams, and they wear us down and that is the difference. Even in games we have won where we have been up by double digits and end up winning by 7 or 8, you can see where other teams just out physical us.

The strength of this team is their ability to shoot and defend the perimeter, but most teams late in games have the ability to just lean on us until we are worn out.

Just my .02.

Quote Originally Posted by ZoomZoom View Post
    10-18, 55.6%. ODU had a poor night shooting period. 37.7% FG, 17.4% from 3. Cajuns definitely had something to do with those numbers.

https://www.espn.com/mens-college-ba...meId/401581683

App will be a major challenge, they’re on a roll. And the UL staff has the guys playing great perimeter defense. We’ll see come Saturday.
    Expect a nearly packed house in Boone...with snow outside and a 25 mph wind...small 8000 seat facility.

13. Default Re: MBB Final: Louisiana 68, ODU 60

Quote Originally Posted by fanof71 View Post
    Expect a nearly packed house in Boone...with snow outside and a 25 mph wind...small 8000 seat facility.
    Still love the Holmes Convocation Center in Boone, great venue to watch a basketball game.

With UL’s win, they clear USM, Marshall and stAte by 2 games for the 4 spot in the standings and sit 2 games out of first. We still have a real chance to actually win the league. A win in Boone would be a heck of a start.

Quote Originally Posted by RaginDave View Post
    A couple of things, I agree it did not look like 5K +, that is some over reporting there. I also watch the Troy v Arkansas State game and I don't know what the announced attendance was but for a team that was in first place in the conference, the attendance was atrocious. I don't believe there were close to 2K in Troy last night.

Secondly, I can wrap up what is wrong with UL basketball team in 1 word, physicality. Let me preface this by saying, I really like this team and think we have some really good pieces, but we have been blown out in only 2 games all year, we have had a chance to win 24 of the 26 games we have played, but in 7 of those losses we were physically outplayed in the latter half of the 2nd half because of our lack of strength.

If you look at the 9 rotational players that have gotten any significant playing time that are still on the team (Blake Butler does not count) we are not a physically gifted team. Let's look at the starting 5. Themus has a fairly muscular build for a PG, but he is still a smallish PG by D1 standards, Kentrell is a great shooter and solid on defense but undersized at the 2, I love Kobe and he is, arguably the best player on the team, but I would not consider him strong, Carencro Joe is one of my favorite all time players for the Cajuns, but he is a rail and Kitenge, while physically large, is not what I would consider strong, by any stretch and while his physical build is much better that what I expected when I heard he was coming to us, he is still not a prototypical big man. Then look at our bench rotation, Mike Thomas is playing incredible basketball right now, but he is a very small PG off the bench, Kyren Ratliff is a strong big kid, but still a freshman and still figuring it out, but even he is not what I would consider "strong", London Fields is undersized physically and the only guy on the team that is a physically "strong" athlete is Brandon Hardy.

I look at allot of the teams we have played and even beaten, like Arkansas State, USA, Bowling Green and some we have lost to, like Georgia State, Troy and others and you can see the physicality in them. I think when it comes to late in games, we are out muscled by other teams, and they wear us down and that is the difference. Even in games we have won where we have been up by double digits and end up winning by 7 or 8, you can see where other teams just out physical us.

The strength of this team is their ability to shoot and defend the perimeter, but most teams late in games have the ability to just lean on us until we are worn out.

Just my .02.
    Good breakdown. The good thing is the SBC is a weak Basketball conference. Hardy is a very physical player. Let’s use him more.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread Information