Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Louisiana MBB vs Georgia State

Default Re: Louisiana MBB vs Georgia State

He was bothering me because I was the most vocal, three rows from the floor and having a grand old time. Basketball games are the chance for me to let my filter go out the window.

Then they wonder why students don’t show up for basketball games. The cops in the student section for football are much more understanding and lenient than those Cajundome dumdums

The guys didn’t play their best game tonight- by far.
    And for the record, I threatened no one… please, make no mistake about that.
    I simply made it clear that I thought he blew his whistle when he shouldn’t, and sucked on his whistle when he shouldn’t… and he is a terribly incompetent ref that likes to get his hair cut every day.

He was bad!
    I will remind him how bad he was/is any chance I get!

He got his feelings hurt and has absolutely no business officiating basketball at any level.
    He knows it, and that is his problem.

and he is a terribly incompetent ref that likes to get his hair cut every day.

lol, my daughter who is on Ragin Jazz confirms your story. My son and I asked her what was said and she said you were ragging him about his hair.

For the record, I also made a “scouting report” for Georgia State. I couldn’t make enough copies for everyone to have one but if you know what I’m referring to then please share it here

6. Default Re: Louisiana MBB vs Georgia State

DannyP?

I can't believe they tossed DannyP.

I used to work with DannyP.

If I had a dime to my name Danny P would be my financial planner.

Nice guy through and through.

Quote Originally Posted by DannyP View Post
    The guys didn’t play their best game tonight- by far.
    And for the record, I threatened no one… please, make no mistake about that.
    I simply made it clear that I thought he blew his whistle when he shouldn’t, and sucked on his whistle when he shouldn’t… and he is a terribly incompetent ref that likes to get his hair cut every day.

He was bad!
    I will remind him how bad he was/is any chance I get!

He got his feelings hurt and has absolutely no business officiating basketball at any level.
    He knows it, and that is his problem.
    Shades of Mac Chavuin.

What’s his name? The students could come up with something creative to yell at him in unison next time he appears. Like his mom cuts his hair or he needs a safe space.

My younger self would go with what happened, you put your t***** in dry?

New Iberia Haircut...

How can we get the audio of Coach Marlins post game interview with Jay following Georgia State loss.

10. Default Re: Louisiana MBB vs Georgia State

That was a really bad call he made on Kantrell.

The call on KG on the 3pt shot was correct. He got him across the arm and it wasn't just a little. Not saying the stripes were not bad just that that particular call was legit.

We went cold in the 2nd, they got hot. Their defense was also very handsy and we did not get ANY of those calls. GaSt is better than their record but its rough to give up the lead that we had.

Quote Originally Posted by UL_Cajuns View Post
    Fulks is an excellent PG, but it’s so odd that Fulks always turns it over at key possessions in the game.

Gotta shake this one and keep working for that top 4 seed.

We shot terrible in 2nd half.
    Fulks is not the same player this year. He's not able to beat his defender and get to the goal consistently like last year and it seems he lost whatever confidence he had shooting. Last year he could at least hit the 3 if called upon, this year he's almost a liability. GSU just had more longer athletes that could D up on our perimeter guys and stick to them not allowing many open shots and very few dribble drives. After being up 18-4 I didn't see this happening.

Bad shooting no doubt. H got doubled down low which we haven't seen often. He is a good passer but its hard to pass when your guys are just STANDING STILL spread across the 3pt line like ducks on a pond! WTH...this is basics. If your big man is double MOVE! Flash the lane! We have quick players. There is no excuse to just stand there and hope your big man can pass it to you while camped out on the 3pt line covered up by the defensive player. Just makes my blood boil. It is really worse than street ball. In street ball you move without the ball. UGH

Quote Originally Posted by UL_Cajuns View Post
    We lost plain and simple because of our terrible shooting in the 2nd half. Refs didn’t affect that.
    I agree. It was not due to any ref. Our execution in the second half was awful and part of that was their defense but they made the plays down the stretch to win. We didn't.

As a former season ticket holder for more than 35 years, I gave up my tickets last year. I almost made a decision to go to the game last night. It would have been my first game this season and only the 3rd or 4th game since giving up my tickets. I'm glad I decided against going.

But huge props to DannyP and those who are still enthusiastic enough to get tossed! LOL!!

Quote Originally Posted by Tasso View Post
    How can we get the audio of Coach Marlins post game interview with Jay following Georgia State loss.
    "It was Georgia State's Super Bowl"

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread Information