Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Realistic Attendance Improvement Suggestions.

Default Re: Realistic Attendance Improvement Suggestions.

Give tickets to the biddy basketball league in Youngsville. It is to late no the season ended but there are thousands of kids that play in that league.

2. Default Re: Realistic Attendance Improvement Suggestions.

Sometimes life gets in the way, have ticket redemption events.

Knowing in advance there is no danger of wasting your money can be a ticket buying motivator.

All good ideas. Will take multiple strategies to rebuild the MBB fanbase targeting UL students and the age 24-54 demographic that is busy rearing their families. That age group and their children are our future. Agree with the suggestion of affordability is key= weekend game season tickets would be attractive especially to families getting pinched hard in this inflationary environment. Overpriced concessions is problematic (university needs to resolve this problem), so feed the family pregame to cut down on that spend.

We've discussed here in past threads a measurement of success is making the NCAA's at least once every three years. This year looks there for the taking again. Two years back to back will awaken the fan base, too.

Lower the ridiculous price of beer in the Cajundome. ��

or

Go across the street, get that blue tent at CF and put 3 48" ice chests full of $2 Natty, iced down,. If that doesn't improve attendance then I have no idea. That's the best I got. Speaking of "best" have a throwback night and fill those ice chests full of "Beast" (Old Milwaukee's Best). That was the no.1 beer back in the days of M. Southaw, B.Boyd, etc.

Again, that's the best I got. There's plenty of good ideas being suggested, this is only mine.

What if the only way to have the same concession pricing we see at football games for basketball games is to build a new arena?

Whatever is tried, don’t do it once and quit. Most will take repeated attempts.

Quote Originally Posted by moorecajun View Post
    I would like you to breakdown your reason(s) for saying the CD is a huge hindrance to our attendance. I personally think the new CD is a beautiful basketball arena.

Thanks in advance for your response.
    Atmosphere is one issue. Say we are doing well with attendance and bringing in 4K like McNeese has done for recent games. 4K in an arena made for 4K or 4K in an arena made for 11K are completely different environments. As I stated in the other thread, I believe atmosphere and attendance have a snowball effect on one another. People stop going to the games because the atmosphere is poor. The atmosphere only gets worse at games when people stop attending.

Another thing with a massively oversized venue is you miss out on that “fear of missing out” dollar every game. Take the McNeese example again. 4K capacity. Sell 3.8K tickets and tweet out few tickets remain. The remaining 200 tickets sell quickly as people want to be a part of a sell out and jump to buy as tickets are scarce. What are we doing to say? “Hey guys. Get your tickets. Only 7,200 remain!”

Then there are the concession prices. Between men’s and women’s basketball the CajunDome is operating somewhere around 25-30 times per year at 1/20 to 1/8 capacity (on a good day). There’s a cost to that that will be passed on to consumers. Easiest way is through concessions. We have no say over the concession prices, but it’s our attendance numbers that are being hurt by these prices.

The Dome is a nice arena. That doesn’t mean that it’s a nice venue for G5 college basketball in 2024 though. In fact, it’s been way more than we’ve needed for most of its existence.

Quote Originally Posted by zeppelincajun View Post
    ...The Dome is a nice arena. That doesn’t mean that it’s a nice venue for G5 college basketball in 2024 though. In fact, it’s been way more than we’ve needed for most of its existence.
    Truth.

Doc A cut a deal with the city/state to get a state of the art building designed to host a regional. The CD was NEVER a proper home for Cajujns basketball.

We can't control access to the arena. We can't control gameday services. It is a cavern.

We don't need a fancy place. Heck, we became legends in a freakin' barn. It's time to rebuild the barn. Put some suites in there. Stock up on 2$ Nattys, and let's (re)light this candle!

Name:  353.jpg
Views: 167
Size:  45.8 KB

Name:  3192c7b6eeba7ccad71b2aaefc2b1ae8-2673926994.jpg
Views: 172
Size:  100.6 KB

Name:  jaywrightblackham-804821133.jpg
Views: 165
Size:  293.8 KB

Name:  648b77306ec08.image-3062123709.jpg
Views: 174
Size:  88.4 KB

Quote Originally Posted by CajunNation View Post
    Truth.

Doc A cut a deal with the city/state to get a state-of-the-art building designed to host a regional. The CD was NEVER a proper home for Cajuns basketball.

We can't control access to the arena. We can't control gameday services. It is a cavern.

We don't need a fancy place. Heck, we became legends in a freakin' barn. It's time to rebuild the barn. Put some suites in there. Stock up on 2$ Nattys, and let's (re)light this candle!

Name:  353.jpg
Views: 167
Size:  45.8 KB

Name:  3192c7b6eeba7ccad71b2aaefc2b1ae8-2673926994.jpg
Views: 172
Size:  100.6 KB

Name:  jaywrightblackham-804821133.jpg
Views: 165
Size:  293.8 KB

Name:  648b77306ec08.image-3062123709.jpg
Views: 174
Size:  88.4 KB
    Yes, please!

“1) Partial season tickets-Could be for only conference games or only weekend games“

That is a strategy that should be used in every sport. You could even do packages across multiple sports. A fall/summer package.

At one point I had season tickets in football, basketball and baseball. Currently only have football because I can’t commit the time to baseball but if I could purchase a package of certain series or just Saturdays, I’d jump on it.

Step 1:

Family Four Pack .. every game, every sport. Come up with a name for it.. call it the "Lot De Quatre" or some French catchphrase, and then CARPET BOMB Acadiana with it. People in this area shouldn't be able to think about UL Sports without KNOWING that there is a family four pack available..

Quote Originally Posted by jaxmc1023 View Post
    Step 1:

Family Four Pack .. every game, every sport. Come up with a name for it.. call it the "Lot De Quatre" or some French catchphrase, and then CARPET BOMB Acadiana with it. People in this area shouldn't be able to think about UL Sports without KNOWING that there is a family four pack available..
    YES x1000

13. Default Re: Realistic Attendance Improvement Suggestions.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunNation View Post
    YES x1000
    Thats 4,000 tickets right there.

About 15 years ago, I coached the 5th grade girls basketball team at St Cecilia. I made arrangements with UL Girls Basketball to play a scrimmage against St Leo at halftime. It was great! We brought about 30 players, their parents & even grandparents. Over 100 people. If there was an event at every halftime bringing in kids groups in competition, you could instantly add a few hundred or more depending on the size of the group.

Quote Originally Posted by RedBug58 View Post
    About 15 years ago, I coached the 5th grade girls basketball team at St Cecilia. I made arrangements with UL Girls Basketball to play a scrimmage against St Leo at halftime. It was great! We brought about 30 players, their parents & even grandparents. Over 100 people. If there was an event at every halftime bringing in kids groups in competition, you could instantly add a few hundred or more depending on the size of the group.
    All those kids you just talked about.... Their Moms and Dads can't afford to buy them Cajundome concessions. That is a fact.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread Information