Page 1 of 15 1 2 3 4 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Basketball Attendance

UL Basketball Basketball Attendance

We currently sit with an average of 1,845 fans. That's 11th in the Sun Belt Conference.

What would it take to get more people to attend?

Default Re: Basketball Attendance

Quote Originally Posted by RaginReview View Post
    We currently sit with an average of 1,845 fans. That's 11th in the Sun Belt Conference.

Starfish and coffee. Maple syrup and jam.

3. Default Re: Basketball Attendance

Don’t suck.

These issues are mine only, not saying these things apply to anyone other than me:

1. Not a big basketball fan, have only attended in the past to support our program. Typically average 4 home games a season.
    2. Weeknights are mostly out of the question for me because of the late start times (wife does not want the kids out that late on school nights, not a battle worth fighting).
    3. By the time weekend comes around, it's really easy for something else to come up that outranks attending MBB (since I'm not a big MBB fan)
    4. Concession prices too high

Something that may entice me to attend more games in the future that I've seen done for the Pelicans:
    1. Offer "partial" season tickets where you pick n amount of games you want to attend

Do like other SBC schools put tickets on VETTIX for veterans and first responders. You don't get ticket sales but you will get increase concession sales. JMO We do it for football.

Ticket prices and concession prices affect attnedance as much as the product on the floor.

They say we have won 7 in a row. What is the biggest W during that streak?

7. Default Re: Basketball Attendance

Counted 34 students at one of the home games. No idea what can get the students more involved, but let's start with the beer prices. Also, I appreciate everyone that attends the games, but most of the time it feels like I'm in a library. Once baseball/softball starts, the attendance will get even worse.

Quote Originally Posted by anhil8tor View Post
    Ticket prices and concession prices affect attnedance as much as the product on the floor.

They say we have won 7 in a row. What is the biggest W during that streak?
    We have not beaten a team over .500 since December 13th.

I bought a small popcorn and a small (warm) beer last week. It was $18. That is atrocious. Remember when we got national publicity for having the lowest football concessions in the country? That was cool.

There is no way for anyone to know there is a game who is not plugged into the program. I.E. No radio coverage. Some TV. 1 print source. Zero marketing outside of social media and email.

Students are absent and the gameday atmosphere is not good. It's so quite sometimes I can hear the players talking from the 100s section.

The opponents don't create excitement outside of a few conference games like Georgia State. So, scheduling does not pass the eye test for the casual fan.

All of this plus some is a shame and no swipe to the max effort these guys give on the court. They are fun to watch.

You could also apply a lot of this to Football, sans parking and tailgating.

Seriously…everyone knows the answer.

Won’t happen, but in order to recapture basketball fans in the area we need someone who is exciting and engaging.

This team might win the SBC Tournament as well, it won’t change anything.

11. Default Re: Basketball Attendance

What a bunch of ______ poor sack of sh@t fans y’all are

We have not beaten a team over .500 since December 13th.
    And none of those games have been particularly close. We are doing what we are supposed to be doing.

As for BBHS saying don’t suck; we haven’t sucked for the last two years. 23 of 24 at home.

So yes the answer is obvious. It sucks that it’s come to this but hopefully it can be fixed.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Big Shot View Post
    What a bunch of ______ poor sack of sh@t fans y’all are
    McNeese is suddenly winning and outnumbering us for the first time in forever only because a bunch of TSAB fans changed their allegiance from purple to blue.

You have no room to talk, Cowboy fan.

Quote Originally Posted by Million$Mullet View Post
    And none of those games have been particularly close. We are doing what we are supposed to be doing.

As for BBHS saying don’t suck; we haven’t sucked for the last two years. 23 of 24 at home.

So yes the answer is obvious. It sucks that it’s come to this but hopefully it can be fixed.
    The only way it can be fixed is to win more consistently and beat better competition. Even then, the 13 years of "up and down" may not even fix the problem.

With stickball starting up soon it's going to get worse.

Page 1 of 15 1 2 3 4 11 ... LastLast

Thread Information