Page 12 of 15 FirstFirst ... 2 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 LastLast

Thread: Basketball Attendance

Default Re: Basketball Attendance

Quote Originally Posted by cajundiehard View Post
    I'll just throw it out there although I'm sure nothing can be done about it... For me, a big part of the issue is the officiating. Given the increasing physical nature of the game, the officiating has become highly subjective... I can't stand watching a game (seemingly, not infrequent) where there is a foul called nearly every minute (i.e. around 30-40 fouls/game)... turns into a free throw shooting contest. Incredibly boring and frustrating to watch.
    The physicality of the game hasn't changed. Perhaps its gone down even but the nature for which they call the games is tighter which is why it seems like you see more fouls

Quote Originally Posted by cajun_lannister View Post
    5,107 in attendance.

Thats 3.5 games worth of attendance for us.

Quote Originally Posted by cajun4life View Post
    5,107 in attendance.

Thats 3.5 games worth of attendance for us.
    Ark head coach was out in front promoting this game. Even called his buddy from barstool to help.

Ark head coach was out in front promoting this game. Even called his buddy from barstool to help.
    All it takes. Marlin would never stoop that low.

Those big confrences know how to pack the fans in. McNeese, Ark St, AP state... great times to be a big time basketball program.

I just don’t understand why their fans would listen to him. He’s not even the winningest coach in SBC history.

Quote Originally Posted by zeppelincajun View Post
    I just don’t understand why their fans would listen to him. He’s not even the winningest coach in SBC history.
    He probably has never even won 27 games in a season before.

Ehh....."we've played in more hostile environments than that".

It is very obvious who the posters in this thread are that are in Bob’s inner circle (very few) and who are not.

Maggard, Martin Hall, and the “Basketball insiders” are failing to realize that they are pushing out future fans so that they can feel important.

This will have long lasting effects on Cajun Basketball.

How many schools around the country have softball and baseball outdrawing basketball? Doubt it’s many. I would also suspect none coming off a March Madness tournament appearance.

Quote Originally Posted by cajun55 View Post
    How many schools around the country have softball and baseball outdrawing basketball? Doubt it’s many. I would also suspect none coming off a March Madness tournament appearance.
    I'd say you are right but we do seem to have some sort of baseball and softball fetish here

Quote Originally Posted by cajun55 View Post
    Checks notes: RP thinks marlin would be a better coach if less people went to baseball and softball.
    Meanwhile WBB was only winner, i bet nobody had that bingo square

Quote Originally Posted by zephyr View Post
    I'd say you are right but we do seem to have some sort of baseball and softball fetish here
    Go to one baseball and one basketball game, and it’s easy to see why folks gravitate to those sports in Lafayette. I was close to not getting my baseball ticket this year. Nothing against the baseball program. I’m just a little outdone with Cajun athletics, and it’s honestly been a bummer sitting in empty stadiums/arenas all year long. I was sitting there last night though thinking damn this is fun. That atmosphere is something you can only find in a handful of college baseball stadiums, and our fans and Robe built that organically from the ground up. Contrast that with the basketball program. I was a Cajuns basketball fan first. That was what pulled me in as a kid. There was an electricity in the air when my dad would take me to games in the CajunDome. That is completely gone now. Our administration has done a world class job of snuffing it out. Sit in that building with 1,000 other people while an mc runs around on the court trying to pull an ounce of energy out of a catatonic crowd. We have managed to take one of the things our fanbase was historically most proud of and beat all the life out of it.

Quote Originally Posted by zeppelincajun View Post
    And how many of his former players are awaiting trial. Pkus o games as a head coach in march

Page 12 of 15 FirstFirst ... 2 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 LastLast

Thread Information