Page 8 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Basketball Attendance

Default Re: Basketball Attendance

Quote Originally Posted by RaginReview View Post
    It does not matter if it was Super Bowl Sunday, Mardi Gras, or softball playing down the street. We should NEVER draw less than 1,000 fans in ANY part of the season. That is terrible.

914. Wow.
    No argument there. May have been the lowest attended game since team played in EKL Gym back in the 50's. That is why the administration needs to look at this issue in offseason and figure out solutions to a major problem. Firing the coach is not going to happen so that is off the table. Other avenues are available as seen in the realistic improvement thread that was going on last week. Hopefully some of the ideas presented are considered. Fortunately, the team put on a great show for the folks who went yesterday. You could tell they wanted to erase the bad taste they had from the poor performance on Wednesday.

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunsmike View Post
    No argument there. May have been the lowest attended game since team played in EKL Gym back in the 50's. That is why the administration needs to look at this issue in offseason and figure out solutions to a major problem. Firing the coach is not going to happen so that is off the table. Other avenues are available as seen in the realistic improvement thread that was going on last week. Hopefully some of the ideas presented are considered. Fortunately, the team put on a great show for the folks who went yesterday. You could tell they wanted to erase the bad taste they had from the poor performance on Wednesday.
    The effort that the team is showing is definitely there. It's just a shame that no one is there to see it.

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunsmike View Post
    You know Mike, getting rid of the coach might be the only thing to rejuvenate this program. We are losing fans at an alarming rate! Apathy is getting solidified.

Quote Originally Posted by UL_Cajuns View Post
    Are they still selling walk up tickets at the Cajun Dome for Sundays game? Ima grab 4 if so. If not I’ll just buy on Ticket master. Just trying to avoid fees.
    You should be able to get 1 ticket from Ticketmaster for the price of 4 at the Cajundome!

It does not matter if it was Super Bowl Sunday, Mardi Gras, or softball playing down the street. We should NEVER draw less than 1,000 fans in ANY part of the season. That is terrible.

914. Wow.
    I don't think the big story is yesterday's attendance which can be explained by the day's circumstance, but it's that we only sold less than 900 season tickets. That is hard to wrap my head around.

Quote Originally Posted by Esqueleto View Post
    I don't think the big story is yesterday's attendance which can be explained by the day's circumstance, but it's that we only sold less than 900 season tickets. That is hard to wrap my head around.
    What’s hard to understand about it. Apathy

914. Wow.
    im not looking to start f()*&ng round with you but you state the following =

Super Bowl has no effect.
    Mardi Gras has no effect.
    Isn't there some fair or carnival or whatever in the Swamp parking lot.
    Someone mentioned Softball. I really dont pay attention to that program so, I can't say anything.

Now, the voice of reason, or do you want some knock down drag out all day f)(*&ng around with you.

Quote Originally Posted by Swamp View Post
    im not looking to start f'n around with you but you state the following =

Someone mentioned Softball. I really dont pay attention to that program so, I can't say anything.
    Mardi Gras - no effect

Now, the voice of reason, or do you want some knock down drag out all day f'n around with you.
    Those have effects, but not enough to draw less than 1,000 for a team that won 15 games to that point and is coming off of a NCAA tournament appearance. And if you really want to go into "some knock down drag out all day," there's nothing to argue about. We were averaging 1,824 for the season going into this game which is the lowest ever in the Cajundome so far outside of the COVID year when there was mandatory minimal capacity.

There's nothing to spin here. The numbers speak for themselves outside of the 914 yesterday. And that is not including the fact that we now know that we sold less than 1,000 season tickets for the season since we count number of tickets sold for attendance.

im not looking to start f()*&ng round with you but you state the following =

Now, the voice of reason, or do you want some knock down drag out all day f)(*&ng around with you.
    Super Bowl and Mardi Gras had no effect on the fact that we sold less than 1,000 season tickets.

Those have effects, but not enough to draw less than 1,000 for a team that won 15 games to that point and is coming off of a NCAA tournament appearance. And if you really want to go into "some knock down drag out all day," there's nothing to argue about. We were averaging 1,824 for the season going into this game which is the lowest ever in the Cajundome so far outside of the COVID year when there was mandatory minimal capacity.

There's nothing to spin here. The numbers speak for themselves outside of the 914 yesterday. And that is not including the fact that we now know that we sold less than 1,000 season tickets for the season since we count number of tickets sold for attendance.
    There’s nothing to argue about. There really isn’t any excuses left. We will be in the bottom 3 of the conference in attendance. That speaks of itself.

Its bad. Agreed. It wont improve this year, so, i guess the only thing that can be done is to start finding solutions for next year. I'm all about Cajuns Basketball, all about the 'Dome. We all are, its why we're PI##ED. The only thing I can come up with is dirt cheap beer. That's it. That's the best thing I can think of.

Read an article yesterday with the media questioning attendance at MBB at a Big 10 program and the sharp decline the last few years. The program, Iowa. At the same time, their WBB is setting attendance records. There are only X number of fans and Y amount of money. It’s simple math and logic…follow the money. Catlin Clark is marketing gold today. Fans just migrated to WBB.

So stepping away from the forest, UL softball and baseball has grown over the last 30 years. UL has X number of fans with Y money. As those sports grew, MBB attendance has shrunk. It’s been a growing issue for years and nobody apparently bothered to figure out why. The numbers were there every year in the media guide.

SB is always competitive and baseball righted the ship after a lull for a FEW years.

SB is a NCAA tournament regular. Baseball has 18 NCAA appearances since ‘88 (35 years). MBB has 7, WBB 1.

Always follow the money. I am NOT faulting the fans, it’s basic human nature. Throw in the pain the ass attending games at the CD has become, that’s just another reason.

Note to football, same applies. The SBC championship game set an attendance record. Hiring a home town hero looked good on newspaper (media), but hasn’t translated to ledger paper bottom line. Didn’t move the needle at all for WBB.

Growing the fanbase isn’t happening. That’s why the dome has mostly boomers who were around decades ago. And the same will occur with the other sports if the X number of fans remain static. People leave for other sports, age out, or become indifferent and just quit coming. UL needs to figure out how to replace those fans.

Yesterday’s attendance is unacceptable. Sleeping on the CD/MBB attendance dropping since year one falls on many people.

Quote Originally Posted by zeppelincajun View Post
    Super Bowl and Mardi Gras had no effect on the fact that we sold less than 1,000 season tickets.
    That was a direct correlation to yesterdays game. We all know season ticket sales are bad. I have made a single observation about Cajuns basketball this year.

We're a kick ass Basketball program, historically. This year blows.

Zoom, we have been talking about this for a few years now. We do a poor job creating new fans and cultivating the fan base that we have now. No mascot. No big marketing push. No media presence in the area. And now, we are selling less than 1,000 season tickets to basketball while drawing that number to games. It's not good.

That was a direct correlation to yesterdays game. We all know season ticket sales are bad. I have made a single observation about Cajuns basketball this year.

We're a kick ass Basketball program, historically. This year blows.
    I'm sincere when I say this. We should never draw less than 1,000 fans for a game even with Mardi Gras and the other events yesterday. I don't think we EVER drew that before yesterday outside of the COVID year.

Bad bad.

Page 8 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast

Thread Information