Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast
Results 76 to 90 of 205

Thread: Basketball Attendance

  1. #76

    Default Re: Basketball Attendance

    There seems to be a clear difference between the fan engagement with diamond sports vs football and basketball. The question is why. This is totally perception and I have not tried this with any of the 4 coaches in question. I feel like if I had a negative experience associated with their specific program, I could walk right up to Glasco or Deggs and they would not only hear the complaint, they would make it a point to right the situation as well as follow up to make sure I was happy. My perception of Marlin is that he wouldn't care and it would go in one ear and out the other. With Des, acknowledging that D1 head football coach is a monster of a responsibility, would not be approachable to the point described with Glasco and Deggs.

    Before you come with the pitchforks and say that I think I should have a direct line to the head football coach to complain, that is not what I'm saying. It is simply a feeling of connection. That feeling is there with some coaches who don't have attendance/engagement issues. It's not with the ones that do. Just something to think about.


  2. #77

    Default Re: Basketball Attendance

    Get Will Wade's ass over here but we're way to smart for that. He's beneath us being he was at LSU. This guy runs circles around a ton of coaches in this country. Marlin couldn't carry this guy's luggage. This university is horrified of success.


  3. #78

    Default Re: Basketball Attendance

    Quote Originally Posted by Million$Mullet View Post
    Bawww I seent you at da games last year!!
    I did. First time in several years. Lucy pulled the ball from me once again.

  4. #79

    Default Re: Basketball Attendance

    Quote Originally Posted by JamesTheJeweler View Post
    I did. First time in several years. Lucy pulled the ball from me once again.
    We went undefeated at home last season.

  5. #80

    Default Re: Basketball Attendance

    Quote Originally Posted by Cajunsmike View Post
    We went undefeated at home last season.
    And then went to the dance. I was waiting for the pitchforks to come out after a loss. It was inevitable. The season is not over. We are still in 4th place. One game out of 3rd and within striking distance of 1st/2nd.

    I’m curious JTJ to know what happened this year for you to come out guns a blazing. Even your ding dong cousin has come to a few games this year even though he despises the coach.

  6. #81

    Default Re: Basketball Attendance

    Quote Originally Posted by Million$Mullet View Post
    And then went to the dance. I was waiting for the pitchforks to come out after a loss. It was inevitable. The season is not over. We are still in 4th place. One game out of 3rd and within striking distance of 1st/2nd.

    I’m curious JTJ to know what happened this year for you to come out guns a blazing. Even your ding dong cousin has come to a few games this year even though he despises the coach.
    By Marlin's own account...he says we have to win all conference home games because he doesn't expect to win on the road. That was a big loss that I think we may look back on when we miss out on being a top 4 team.

  7. #82

    Default Re: Basketball Attendance

    Quote Originally Posted by Cajunsmike View Post
    We went undefeated at home last season.
    Congratulations. I've been looking at big picture. His whole tenure. Where has he elevated the program, really? The same, very mediocre program. Some of yall believe it's "good enough".

  8. #83

    Default Re: Basketball Attendance

    Quote Originally Posted by Cajunsmike View Post
    If the team plays well in an unselfish way, what difference does it make who the coach is. Granted a change probably wont make a difference to you. Still if you have about 45 minutes free, do me a favor and listen to one of the Were Talkin Podcast Craig and I record. You may find it interesting to learn things about the current team and why they are having success at the current time
    A huge difference Mike, and you gotta realize that !!!

  9. #84

    Default Re: Basketball Attendance

    Maybe people "let loose" more when outdoors


  10. #85

    Default Re: Basketball Attendance

    Quote Originally Posted by JamesTheJeweler View Post
    Congratulations. I've been looking at big picture. His whole tenure. Where has he elevated the program, really? The same, very mediocre program. Some of yall believe it's "good enough".
    Found this online but can't find the year it was published, must be recent though as it seems to reflect Marlins win percentage via Wikipedia. Out of 101 Div 1 coaches with at least 5 years of experience Bob's win percentage ranks 80th. While I don't expect him to be in the top 20% our expectation shouldn't also be in the bottom 20% either. Go to page 5.

    http://fs.ncaa.org/Docs/stats/m_bask...8/Coaching.pdf

  11. #86

    Default Re: Basketball Attendance

    Quote Originally Posted by BananaHammock View Post
    Found this online but can't find the year it was published, must be recent though as it seems to reflect Marlins win percentage via Wikipedia. Out of 101 Div 1 coaches with at least 5 years of experience Bob's win percentage ranks 80th. While I don't expect him to be in the top 20% our expectation shouldn't also be in the bottom 20% either. Go to page 5.

    http://fs.ncaa.org/Docs/stats/m_bask...8/Coaching.pdf
    It’s old data. Scott Cross at UTA on list, Coach K at Duke, Kennedy at Ole Miss, Tubby Smith at Memphis. Probably at least 6 to 7 years old since Penny started at Memphis in ‘18.

    Guessing thru 16-17 since that was Eric Konkel’s second year at neck and it showed him 2 years as a HC.

  12. #87

    Default Re: Basketball Attendance

    Quote Originally Posted by JamesTheJeweler View Post
    Congratulations. I've been looking at big picture. His whole tenure. Where has he elevated the program, really? The same, very mediocre program. Some of yall believe it's "good enough".
    It was said you went to a game last season and Lucy pulled the football. I was referring to the one game you attended only. We had to have won that one. Hard to pull the football in a victory.

  13. #88

    Default Re: Basketball Attendance

    Quote Originally Posted by Cajunsmike View Post
    It was said you went to a game last season and Lucy pulled the football. I was referring to the one game you attended only. We had to have won that one. Hard to pull the football in a victory.
    Re read my post. I'm not looking at 1 game or 1 season.
    I'm looking at his whole tenure. Again, tell me where Bob's tenure has elevated this program. Looking at his whole tenure, you're excited about maintaining that til he decides he's ready to retire? This is our best? C'mon man. When we have to constantly hear, "we gotta support the program for these kids", that means the coach/program is ____e, and you're begging for people to hang on.

  14. #89

    Default Re: Basketball Attendance

    Quote Originally Posted by JamesTheJeweler View Post
    Re read my post. I'm not looking at 1 game or 1 season.
    I'm looking at his whole tenure. Again, tell me where Bob's tenure has elevated this program. Looking at his whole tenure, you're excited about maintaining that til he decides he's ready to retire? This is our best? C'mon man. When we have to constantly hear, "we gotta support the program for these kids", that means the coach/program is ____e, and you're begging for people to hang on.
    What is Coach Marlin's biggest win? His biggest top 100 win that really got our fanbase pumped up?

  15. #90

    Default Re: Basketball Attendance

    Quote Originally Posted by FastCar View Post
    The FastCar appears to have gotten gas with a little water in it Wednesday night. After a little tuneup on Suoerbowl Sunday, the FastCar still has all its goals before it. Get on the FastCar and help the drive to the NCAA tourney for two years in a row. Geaux FastCar.
    Good morning Vic. Good to see you out at the game supporting the team.

Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Baseball Attendance
    By zeppelincajun in forum RagePage
    Replies: 47
    Last Post: February 17th, 2024, 10:46 pm
  2. G5 Attendance
    By HoustonCajun in forum RagePage
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: January 8th, 2024, 02:45 pm
  3. SBC Football Attendance
    By zeppelincajun in forum RagePage
    Replies: 160
    Last Post: October 9th, 2023, 04:28 pm

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •