Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 13 . LastLast

Thread: Basketball Attendance

Default Re: Basketball Attendance

Quote Originally Posted by ULvictory View Post
    So that would mean the Table Room would be open to only what? 100 or so people?
    So, why the same people get a food set up in the NEZ? Kind of repetitive isn’t it?

Quote Originally Posted by ULvictory View Post
    Find a way to make it an event. College athletics is just as much about entertainment as it is on the field/court.

Let the students tailgate before the game on by the intramural fields. Find a way to engage the community through ticket promotions. And get the coaching staff more locally involved in promoting the team through social media, public appearances, etc.

I'd even say open the Table Room to more than just the Rebounder's Club. Create more access to the general public. What's the point of putting up gates when there's no one standing outside of them?
    Table Room is open to all. You just have to be a Rebounders member to partake of the food and drinks. Actually, I think you can buy drinks. Rebounders get two free drinks.

Quote Originally Posted by Clutch0364 View Post
    Most of us just don’t care anymore. I don’t wish for them to lose but I no longer care if they have success. I haven’t watched in over 2 years, in person or tv, and I have no desire to go back. I found other things to fill my time, and they are cheaper and more enjoyable.

Honestly I don’t see myself ever going back. Maybe one day I’ll get a wild hair but most of the time I didn’t realize they played until I get on pagin.
    Glad you found things you enjoy to occupy your time. If you had watched the team last season and recently this season, you would have enjoyed that as well.

Quote Originally Posted by jaxmc1023 View Post
    What would it realistically cost to have a UL bus make one or two laps at the following locations:

1. Rex Street -- students in dorms, students in on-campus apartments, faculty, The Heritage (Lewis St), The Genesis (UPA), Cottage Landing, and The Quarters

2. somewhere behind Rouses on Bertrand -- University House, TS Condos, Axis, and Bayou Shadows

3. South College - Campion (pinhook), Eagle Run, Greenwood, South College Gardens

These buses hold, what? 40? 50 people? Couple trips each stop. swoop up 500-600 people to fill the student section and rowdy this place up a little bit?

You've got roughly 3000 students on campus Who knows how many more than that in these off-campus apartment complexes, along with non-students who might enjoy a free ride to a $10 basketball game
    I mean all that would’ve taken was to return a phone call about 4 or 5 years ago. We can’t be bothered to make money.

Who wanted a real entertainment district around the sports complex anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunsmike View Post
    Table Room is open to all. You just have to be a Rebounders member to partake of the food and drinks. Actually, I think you can buy drinks. Rebounders get two free drinks.
    Then, there is no point in attending the Table Room if you can't partake in food and drinks.

It is too late this season for overall basketball attendance to be addressed. A serious review of the situation needs to be performed by the administration in the off season. A few ideas presented here in this thread have merit. Perhaps they will be considered. Having said that, we do have four home games remaining, starting tomorrow night. The team has entertained the folks who do attend in the recent home stand. That will likely continue. Note, the strong student athletes in all our programs will be recognized tomorrow night. They deserve to be honored by fans, hopefully some of you can make the game.

Quote Originally Posted by RaginReview View Post
    Then, there is no point in attending the Table Room if you can't partake in food and drinks.
    Like I said, you can buy drinks.

Glad you found things you enjoy to occupy your time. If you had watched the team last season and recently this season, you would have enjoyed that as well.
    Maybe I would have. However there are a lot more like me who don’t care anymore and that’s the problem.

There used to be a lot more excitement around program. Now I doubt most people in the area even know that UL went to tourney last year. They definitely don’t know they have won 7 in a row.

9. Default Re: Basketball Attendance

It is too late this season for overall basketball attendance to be addressed. A serious review of the situation needs to be performed by the administration in the off season. A few ideas presented here in this thread have merit. Perhaps they will be considered. Having said that, we do have four home games remaining, starting tomorrow night. The team has entertained the folks who do attend in the recent home stand. That will likely continue. Note, the strong student athletes in all our programs will be recognized tomorrow night. They deserve to be honored by fans, hopefully some of you can make the game.
    A freind of mine who wanted to go to a game after talking to someone who attended their first game last week, looked at their schedule and can't make any of the four.

The decision has been made to plan ahead for next season.

Quote Originally Posted by facelessjonmoon View Post
    Fwiw- been to almost every home game (6 season Tix) and spent a grand total of $0 on concessions. Concession pricing and offerings are crap

Unfortunately I'll be out of state tomorrow night for work travel. I miss the Thursday/ Saturday conference game schedule.
    I don't buy the over priced concessions, period. Especially at the Dome!

Maybe I would have. However there are a lot more like me who don’t care anymore and that’s the problem.

There used to be a lot more excitement around program. Now I doubt most people in the area even know that UL went to tourney last year. They definitely don’t know they have won 7 in a row.
    Ok, so I am just trying to understand.

You don't go to the games because there is no excitement? I think this team, and last years' team have been very entertaining to watch, and they have won 24 of 25 games in the dome.

The excitement is there if you want to join.

12. Default Re: Basketball Attendance

Quote Originally Posted by SlickRick View Post
    I don't buy the over priced concessions, period. Especially at the Dome!
    They are going to up on $ to compensate for that.

I bet it is more than a maybe you would have enjoyed the games. Perhaps close to a definite. Watching the way Joe CharIes plays makes you proud he is a a Cajun. I agree that the apathy is an issue. Our social media folks do a great job promoting all our sports. However, that is not enough in this area. We may not have lots of folks viewing those sites in this area. Perhaps more traditional promotions on radio and television are needed. Radio promotions should be over all venues, not just the sports stations.

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    They are going to up on $ to compensate for that.
    Won't bother me. If the pricing was more reasonable, more folks would partake.

This team is exciting, but the atmosphere in that dome is dead. The students that do go sit on their hands and the rest of the fans belong in a nursing home. That cavernous behemoth was the death blow to Ragin Cajuns basketball.

Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 13 . LastLast

Thread Information