Page 14 of 17 FirstFirst ... 4 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 LastLast

Thread: 2023/24 National Signing Day: December/February

Default Re: Signing Day

Quote Originally Posted by Big Buds View Post
    Based on how we looked, eye test, vs. teams like: Troy, South and TXST. All three of those teams would have been a problem for Tulane last season. Not saying they would have ran away with the game or anything. Just saying those teams were good enough to knock off the Green Wave.
    We all know the obvious. This staff has yet to close out those close games against good teams. Except for the blocked punt against TXST that saved us. Hopefully that changes this year.

Billy knew how to
    Close out games.

Quote Originally Posted by UL_Cajuns View Post
    We all know the obvious. This staff has yet to close out those close games against good teams. Except for the blocked punt against TXST that saved us. Hopefully that changes this year.

Billy knew how to
    Close out games.
    Funny thing is, South was actually dog walked by Tulane in week 1 or 2. So my argument is a little off. But you get the point! Lol

Possibly…but I think they are who we think they are.
    LoL! Sooooo.....yes?

Possibly…but I think they are who we think they are.
    "and we let 'em off the hook!"

Almost as good as T.O. crying saying about Romo "that's my quarterback [bruh]

We won't have to worry about these guys we are signing entering the portal or leaving for NIL money.

I can’t even find a 247 sports page on some of these guys we signing. That’s concerning.

I can’t even find a 247 sports page on some of these guys we signing. That’s concerning.
    I used to follow recruiting, but there is no point… it is a win now mentality with the portal. No body can develop players because if they are good they will leave to go get NIL money somewhere else. My love for college football has taken a nose dive because of the portal and NIL… until there are contracts it is hard to have hope for a sustained period of success for your G5 school of choice…. Mike is finding out that you have to Portal or you will lose.

Quote Originally Posted by mxpxfr690 View Post
    I used to follow recruiting, but there is no point… it is a win now mentality with the portal. No body can develop players because if they are good they will leave to go get NIL money somewhere else. My love for college football has taken a nose dive because of the portal and NIL… until there are contracts it is hard to have hope for a sustained period of success for your G5 school of choice…. Mike is finding out that you have to Portal or you will lose.
    No he’s not. 5 ain’t gonna cut it when most programs have way higher numbers.

This is a business. Someone pointed out awhile back Des would only sign transfers if UL had prior contact in a prior recruiting cycle. Talk about a narrow recruiting base. That’s nice.

And we all know where nice guys finish.

Ragin' Cajuns Re: Signing Day

Quote Originally Posted by facelessjonmoon View Post
    I could be wrong but I remember hearing that because baseball only does partial scholarships (thanks to title 9) that if you play football, football would be responsible for the scholarship

From what I saw this season, brooks wright is good enough to play college football. I guess it would be up to him and the respective coaching staffs
    You are not wrong. If an athlete plays both a "headcount" sport [one that can only give full scholarships] and a sport that can give partial scholarships, the headcount sport is charged with a full scholarship for that player, the player receives the partial with which he or she agreed, and the non-headcount sport gets a free player.

Is the fax turned on??

Many of the guys you're seeing are preferred walk-ons. They're also many of the guys people on RP were complaining that UL doesn't give them a chance (STM players). Before social media, you wouldn't be seeing these announcements.

Quote Originally Posted by cjr3888 View Post
    Many of the guys you're seeing are preferred walk-ons. They're also many of the guys people on RP were complaining that UL doesn't give them a chance (STM players). Before social media, you wouldn't be seeing these announcements.
    Thank you for saying this. I was about to mention the same thing.

I am excited to see if Hutch from sTm can make waves or not. I’m very high on him.

Quote Originally Posted by fanof71 View Post
    Is the fax turned on??
    Do they still use the fax machine?

Quote Originally Posted by cjr3888 View Post
    I've actually seen a couple friends on Social media say they wanted to get UL season tickets because of the announcement of the 3 STM guys. Like it or not, the diehard local high school following likes to see these kids play.

Quote Originally Posted by fpc4life99 View Post
    I've actually seen a couple friends on Social media say they wanted to get UL season tickets because of the announcement of the 3 STM guys. Like it or not, the diehard local high school following likes to see these kids play.
    We have 3 kids from STM on the current roster. Why didn’t they get tickets before?

Page 14 of 17 FirstFirst ... 4 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 LastLast

Thread Information