Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst . 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: MBB Final: Louisiana 80, South Alabama 60

Default Re: A Challenge For Saturday BBall Game

I looked at a few other games.

stAte drew 2.7k
    Marshall over 5k
    A 5 win Georgia Southern team 2.4k. Actually watched that one. I was a good game.
    Georgia State 2.6k

Not in a position to criticize this game. I was out at the parade too.

But I’d like to know the overall plan. None of those schools are on a 7 game win streak.

I agree. We need the chicken. Or “fear the beard.” That team they year was not as good as this one and when they were rolling off Ws the Dome was getting fuller and fuller with red dots and beards.

Quote Originally Posted by RaginScotsman View Post
    I looked at a few other games.

stAte drew 2.7k
    Marshall over 5k
    A 5 win Georgia Southern team 2.4k. Actually watched that one. I was a good game.
    Georgia State 2.6k

Not in a position to criticize this game. I was out at the parade too.

But I’d like to know the overall plan. None of those schools are on a 7 game win streak.

I agree. We need the chicken. Or “fear the beard.” That team they year was not as good as this one and when they were rolling off Ws the Dome was getting fuller and fuller with red dots and beards.
    Fear the beard was done at an 8 game win streak.

https://973thedawg.com/fear-the-beard-tonight/

Great marketing job done there. That was a good time

I agree we need to do something similar to get the excitement up for the casual fan types

Quote Originally Posted by facelessjonmoon View Post
    I was pleasantly surprised by the attendance tbh.

With all of the traffic congestion and people at a big Mardi gras parade going on all around at the exact same time I was expecting worse
    Me too

4. Default Re: A Challenge For Saturday BBall Game

Why would anyone new dare or care to go to any game after visiting here? Just a simple question. Looking forward to the answers.

Quote Originally Posted by facelessjonmoon View Post
    Fear the beard was done at an 8 game win streak.

https://973thedawg.com/fear-the-beard-tonight/

Great marketing job done there. That was a good time

I agree we need to do something similar to get the excitement up for the casual fan types
    Cool. Thanks for finding that.

Wednesday’s game should be easy to promote. Going for 8 in a row. Historical basketball rival in Georgia State. Will there be anything aside from an email and a social media post?

Cool. Thanks for finding that.

Wednesday’s game should be easy to promote. Going for 8 in a row. Historical basketball rival in Georgia State. Will there be anything aside from an email and a social media post?
    Especially with Mardi Gras on our doorstep. Integrate that with the game in some way.

Quote Originally Posted by ULvictory View Post
    Especially with Mardi Gras on our doorstep. Integrate that with the game in some way.
    Early Ash Wednesday extravaganza. Free ash crosses and a mass to follow. The dome atmosphere feels a bit like a church at times, so should be an easy transition.

Or early Valentines date night. Spend on Dome concessions what you would at a 5 star restaurant. Just get less food.

8. Default Re: A Challenge For Saturday BBall Game

Too bad it’s not next Wednesday. It could have been get your ashes and do your penance. Penance can be fun. Penance is sometimes doing things positive for others. Oh well, let’s just pretend and get out to the dome.

Ash Wednesday extravaganza. Free ash crosses and a mass to follow. The dome atmosphere feels a bit like a church at times, so should be an easy transition.

Or Valentines date night. Spend on Dome concessions what you would at a 5 star restaurant. Just get less food.
    You can also offer crawfish at outrageous prices and it would compliment Cajundome concession prices. BAM! Win/Win!

Joe Charles said in post game that the team plays well at home due to the support the team get from fans. The people that go to every game do have an emotional connection to the guys. Maybe players sense that. Weather and parade did impact last night. Few Students were there last night, many at parade. Those not going are missing a team that gives max effort, is generally well prepared, And pulls for each other. Players also give some credit to the coaching staff for some of their improvement. I believe for the second straight year assistants have opponents scouted to a T which helps preparation.

If you’re going with the Mardi Gras theme then get all the other student athletes to do some kind of mini parade in the dome tossing beads, shirts and basketballs to the fans. Have a whiskey Wednesday promotion half off mixed drinks. And for the love of goodness bring the $2 nattys to the dome!!

Quote Originally Posted by ULvictory View Post
    You can also offer crawfish at outrageous prices and it would compliment Cajundome concession prices. BAM! Win/Win!
    My goodness. Could you imagine Sodexo’s (assuming it’s still them) mark up for crawfish? You’d need to take out a loan. Which would work so you could have Hancock Whitney on hand with the paperwork.

My goodness. Could you imagine Sodexo’s (assuming it’s still them) mark up for crawfish? You’d need to take out a loan. Which would work so you could have Hancock Whitney on hand with the paperwork.
    Which would be awful considering the university doesn’t get anything from food, drink, or parking in Cajundome. I’m not sure if that changed recently, but sheesh.

Quote Originally Posted by Million$Mullet View Post
    If you’re going with the Mardi Gras theme then get all the other student athletes to do some kind of mini parade in the dome tossing beads, shirts and basketballs to the fans. Have a whiskey Wednesday promotion half off mixed drinks. And for the love of goodness bring the $2 nattys to the dome!!
    That would be a great promotion all around.

15. Default Re: A Challenge For Saturday BBall Game

Quote Originally Posted by Million$Mullet View Post
    I hope somebody is listening, reading or even taking notes.

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst . 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread Information