Thread: Kids who are Louisiana Fans

1. Default Kids who are Louisiana Fans

You've seen the bumper stickers.

Sheriff Mike Couvillon had them in Vermilion Parish. "Kids who hunt and fish don't do drugs."

Now I think they've switched to "Kids who hunt and fish don't steal and deal."?

I read a few posts that said something along the lines of "My kids are Ragin' Cajuns fans but none of their friends are."

It got me thinking .

With all the in-state and national peer pressure today from traditional media, radio, tv, newspaper, social, friends at school to follow, non local sports, coupled with little to no Louisiana Ragin Cajuns outreach, it takes a little fortitude to not go along with the crowd.

The "got me thinking" part.

Any kid who is a fan of the Ragin Cajuns (uphill battle and all) is more mentally prepared to NOT quickly follow the crowd when it comes to nefarious activity.

jmo

2. Default Re: Kids who are Louisiana Fans

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    You've seen the bumper stickers.

Sheriff Mike Couvillon had them in Vermilion Parish. "Kids who hunt and fish don't do drugs."

Now I think they've switched to "Kids who hunt and fish don't steal and deal."?

I read a few posts that said something along the lines of "My kids are Ragin' Cajuns fans but none of their friends are."

It got me thinking .

With all the in-state and national peer pressure today from traditional media, radio, tv, newspaper, social, friends at school to follow, non local sports, coupled with little to no Louisiana Ragin Cajuns outreach, it takes a little fortitude to not go along with the crowd.

The "got me thinking" part.

Any kid who is a fan of the Ragin Cajuns (uphill battle and all) is more mentally prepared to NOT quickly follow the crowd when it comes to nefarious activity.jmo
    .Looking at an old WW2 doc video showing the Nazi group taking kids from the moms and making kid German soldiers out of them----When I was doing the yearbook gig for schools I thought of bringing T-Joe with me once a month to visit the schools of all the local Parishes.Also an academic UL teacher group at each school from the kiddies to the seniors having them visit !!!!

Default Re: Kids who are Louisiana Fans

Quote Originally Posted by Boomer View Post
    .Looking at an old WW2 doc video showing the Nazi group taking kids from the moms and making kid German soldiers out of them----When I was doing the yearbook gig for schools I thought of bringing T-Joe with me once a month to visit the schools of all the local Parishes.Also an academic UL teacher group at each school from the kiddies to the seniors having them visit !!!!
    Jeez Boomer I like your thinking but you couldnt think of a better example?? lol

Thread Information