Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Maggard Quote

1. Default Re: Maggard Quote

People are already scared to play in our gym.

Default Re: Maggard Quote

Quote Originally Posted by BeauCajun View Post
    Basketball behind scorer’s table.
    Been noticing that crew the last couple games. For A State they seemed to be chirping the coach pretty well. Even got him to say something to them at one point. Well done to that group.

Quote Originally Posted by zeppelincajun View Post
    Been noticing that crew the last couple games. For A State they seemed to be chirping the coach pretty well. Even got him to say something to them at one point. Well done to that group.
    They lurk on here.

Quote Originally Posted by BeauCajun View Post
    They lurk on here.
    Need more of that energy in the Dome. A good crowd and student section could’ve had a field day with ULM after that temper tantrum 34 threw.

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonCajun View Post
    Basically, football and basketball fans are the same fans as those that attend baseball and softball games. Have to ask why are those venues so successful and not football and basketball? What is it at those two sporting events that keep fans returning and supporting? Marketing, atmosphere, fan interaction, facilities, winning and/or something else? These things are missing in football, despite when we were winning under Napier. A new football facility is coming. Basketball has the facility and is winning. Why don't fans show up? There are 2 areas to address - students and public/fans. I think it is the game day atmosphere and fan interaction like we have at baseball and softball games that keep them coming back and supporting. Students help create that atmosphere and need to be marketed perhaps differently than the public/fans. Get the students at the games, create an exciting and participating atmosphere, continue to win and market that to the public. The money comes from the public/fans, but the students come first to create the atmosphere that draws the fans.
    I’ll argue that one third, to half of Cajun baseball fans aren’t UL football or basketball fans. That allegiance goes east.

Softball is a different story, the majority of those fans are just softball fans. They aren’t fans of the other Cajun sports either.

Football and basketball draw from the same group of fans. They aren’t showing up for either. Not in the numbers we should be drawing. I have my opinions on that. I’ll likely consolidate them into another thread later this evening or tomorrow.

Seems like baseball and softball offer the exact opposite "fan experience" themes/events than what the numerous posters suggest what basketball should do

Quote Originally Posted by RougaWhite&Blue View Post
    Seems like baseball and softball offer the exact opposite "fan experience" themes/events than what the numerous posters suggest what basketball should do
    I don't know about baseball, but the game day experience at softball is fabulous. It is both fan driven and organic, which is exactly what is lacking in football and basketball.

What is wild is I am one of those fans. I attend every home football game, and used to attend a lot of basketball games. I attend a few basketball games a year now, but have never been to a softball game in all my years as a Cajun fan. I only attend a few baseball games a year.
    It is true in saying there are different Fan bases within Cajun Nation.
    Football and basketball are always first for me.

9. Default Re: Maggard Quote

Quote Originally Posted by UL_Cajuns View Post
    What is wild is I am one of those fans. I attend every home football game, and used to attend a lot of basketball games. I attend a few basketball games a year now, but have never been to a softball game in all my years as a Cajun fan. I only attend a few baseball games a year.
    It is true in saying there are different Fan bases within Cajun Nation.
    Football and basketball are always first for me.
    ……I think we have lost now for some time the kids of our Alumni….guess I am one in a sense……the excitment of our times is gone…..no more party, our love that we once had for our school…..LSU has sucked all the wind out of the state and our (Acadiana) area…..in spite of tremendous academic advances, and some great athletic gains, we find ourselves with an in the red athletics (bout $9mill) compared to an LSU $51 mill profit……the reasons have been given on here by so many, just hope we can find some answers starting now!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Boomer View Post
    ……I think we have lost now for some time the kids of our Alumni….guess I am one in a sense……the excitment of our times is gone…..no more party, our love that we once had for our school…..LSU has sucked all the wind out of the state and our (Acadiana) area…..in spite of tremendous academic advances, and some great athletic gains, we find ourselves with an in the red athletics (bout $9mill) compared to an LSU $51 mill profit……the reasons have been given on here by so many, just hope we can find some answers starting now!!!!
    Boomer LSU had a $200M budget and lost $4.5M just last year.

Quote Originally Posted by Boomer View Post
    Well we have not lost my kids yet. I’ll do everything I can to keep them Cajuns fans. However most of their friends have no clue what the Ragin Cajuns are.
    That is not a lie.

IMO what makes softball and baseball unique is that it's a smaller crowd, more intimate setting and the coaches made a point to have a great fan experience and interaction. Tony made sure the stadium renovation accommodated the fans needs such as the cooking club.

Quote Originally Posted by UL_Cajuns View Post
    Well we have not lost my kids yet. I’ll do everything I can to keep them Cajuns fans. However most of their friends have no clue what the Ragin Cajuns are.
    That is not a lie.
    My son is a big Cajuns fan as is his best friend. Everyone else in their class wears LSU gear when their elementary school in Youngsville allows them to wear team shirts. They had a wear your LSU colors day, no UL day, I think some complained so they changed it to wear your favorite team gear day. We can’t even capture our own backyard.

If we actually had a mascot you could send the mascot to the local schools before a big game and get some excitement going.

14. Default Re: Maggard Quote

Quote Originally Posted by cajun4life View Post
    …..Article in Abb Meridinal…..had the figures and Illl have to check….but their Football #s were for FB….$51 LSU profit on $105 mil revenues…..we took in $4.5 and spent $13.5…..you are correct on total…..LSU revenues for all at over $200 mil and they lost$4mill…..somebody is playing with the #s somewhere!

Quote Originally Posted by cajun4life View Post
    So no profit. So more momey does not lead to profitability apparently. What happened to lswho saying their athletics goves back to academics?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information