Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: MBB: Louisiana Adds ESPN Four-Star Post Presence

1. UL Basketball MBB: Louisiana Adds ESPN Four-Star Post Presence

Louisiana men's basketball started their 2024-25 recruiting class with a bang, signing Jeremiah Evans out of Shreveport, Louisiana. Evans, a 6-8 power forward, is rated a four-star prospect by ESPN and a three-star by 247 and Rivals.

Default MBB Signee

The signing of Jeremiah Evans has now been announced. Evans signed back during the early period back in November. The family wanted to wait until now to make it official. It hit Facebook a few minutes ago. Evans is a 6'9" inside player for the Southwood Cowboys in Shreveport. He is known as a rim protector and good rebounder. I have watched some highlights of Southwood via a Max Preps subscription. In almost every one of these, Evans has some impressive shot blocks. We will see how that translates to the college game next season.

Default Re: MBB Signee

When I made the previous post, I did not realize the announcement was found in a separate thread. Still, the point I made about him blocking shots in the Southwood highlights you can find on social media is valid.

4. Default Re: MBB: Louisiana Adds ESPN Four-Star Post Presence

Exciting news Mike.

Thanks

Default Re: MBB: Louisiana Adds ESPN Four-Star Post Presence

Nice signing. We were in need of more length inside

Quote Originally Posted by facelessjonmoon View Post
    Nice signing. We were in need of more length inside
    If you read the press release from the athletic department, you will be impressed by his success in recent games. Guy has been on a hot streak in all phases lately.

This is awesome. Congrats to Coach Marlin, the basketball program and UL. The future is bright.

Impressive recruit!

Going to see Jeremiah Friday night against a very weak Haughton team. He's a really good basketball player, but even better, he's a great kid!

Quote Originally Posted by NWLA Cajun View Post
    Going to see Jeremiah Friday night against a very weak Haughton team. He's a really good basketball player, but even better, he's a great kid!
    NWLA Cajun, you hinted that we had signed a good player from your area back in November. We now know Evans is the guy you were talking about. I know a few folks figured out who it was. Good job by those people in not broadcasting it over social media prematurely. That allowed Evans and his family to celebrate the signing at the time of their choosing.

I think Cajuns fans will really like him. Plays hard every game. He just needs to bulk up and work on free throws.

Sweet. With no seniors on the roster and the addition of a big man we are somewhat missing, how many and what other position do we need to address? I assume if the whole roster returns we won’t have many spots available unless we let some bench guys walk.

13. Default Re: MBB: Louisiana Adds ESPN Four-Star Post Presence

This kid was showing offers from Alabama, NMSU, Northwestern State and Southern according to 247sports. I am sure he had other offers, it does not show us at all, part of that is because we don't have anyone as an advocate for 247 for the Cajuns. But Alabama and NMSU are two impressive teams to be competing against.

Had a few more on his X account...One of the states top 3 Seniors?

15. Default Re: MBB: Louisiana Adds ESPN Four-Star Post Presence

Quote Originally Posted by fanof71 View Post
    Had a few more on his X account...One of the states top 3 Seniors?
    Others included Troy and UTRVG.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information