Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: UL helping fuel Louisiana’s energy management with historic grant

Default Re: UL helping fuel Louisiana’s energy management with historic grant

I'm pretty sure I set a record for natural gas production last year as well.

Quote Originally Posted by moorecajun View Post
    TMI. BTUs, wet or dry, GPM, MCF? And I’ve been out of the Gas Processing business for 30 years. Gas away.

3. Default Re: UL helping fuel Louisiana’s energy management with historic grant

Well, well, well, ... ok then.

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunrunner View Post
    We are. Industry is kicking ass and we set a record for both domestic oil production and natural gas production this past year. We’ll set another one in 2024.

But industry is always evolving, not staying stagnant, and it’s good to see these partnerships. This is how our students here on the Gulf Coast can end up having a foot in the door to good paying jobs with folks like Exxon, Sasol, Occidental, Venture Global, etc when they graduate.
    Interesting. My concern is we focus more on carbon capture and unreliable energy sources.

5. Default Re: UL helping fuel Louisiana’s energy management with historic grant

Quote Originally Posted by cajunfan96 View Post
    Interesting. My concern is we focus more on carbon capture and unreliable energy sources.
    if one is going to play the politics, that is where the free money is.

if the grant has no restrictions allocating a specific amount of the money to those classifications, use it to support Drill, baby drill.

On the other hand, free money is free money and if we don’t chase it, it will go elsewhere. But rest assured it will be spent.

I believe that's what happens when you don't soak your red beans over night prior to cooking.

We are. Industry is kicking ass and we set a record for both domestic oil production and natural gas production this past year. We’ll set another one in 2024.

But industry is always evolving, not staying stagnant, and it’s good to see these partnerships. This is how our students here on the Gulf Coast can end up having a foot in the door to good paying jobs with folks like Exxon, Sasol, Occidental, Venture Global, etc when they graduate.
    Mike Sabel with VG is a pretty cool dude. I’ve flown him probably 50 times. His vision for LNG and processes are genius.

The company I work for is extremely busy in the gulf. One new structure should be online by late summer. Two more blocks with exploratory drilling, one of which is good. It’s unknown if it will require a new structure or tie back into something else.

But the deep water game is in full swing with nearly every major operator actively drilling.

We're not. Or at least industry is not focusing more on those than its core business, which is fossil fuel production and/or manufacturing of fossil fuel byproducts. Except for BP. They're idiots.

And while I'm not going to try to convince anyone of the economics behind carbon sequestration or capture (especially not the direct air capture, those are bunk), carbon sequestration has been around for decades. In fact, that exact process has been used in the Permian Basin the past 50 years to get additional oil & gas production out of fields that have gone through the primary drilling & production phase.

What Exxon is going to do around Intracoastal City is that same process, except it just won't produce excess oil & gas (hence where the funny economics come into play). Instead, they'll be a service provider for new petrochemical and related plants along the Mississippi River, whom the EPA has limited "allowance" of CO2 admissions (I'm not convinced that such needs to be required, but that train has done left the station). They will take CO2 produced by those plants and transport it via pipeline to inject underground.

Several operators in the Permian Basin have utilized that exact process for a long time to increase production, drilling CO2 wells in North New Mexico and Southern Colorado, then transporting it via pipeline to the Permian. That was probably part of the reason Exxon acquired Denbury. Not just to be in the sequestration business to have as part of their portfolio, but also, that Denbury line already goes into Texas. A bit further extension, and they can take CO2 from plants along the Mississippi and Calcasieu Rivers into old West TX oil & gas fields for secondary tertiary hydrocarbon recovery.

Quote Originally Posted by cajun4life View Post
    Mike Sabel with VG is a pretty cool dude. I’ve flown him probably 50 times. His vision for LNG and processes are genius.
    The amount of renewed investment is SW LA and SE TX with LNG is a game-changer for that region and its economy. I wouldn't be surprised to see it have a huge positive affect for McNeese and Lamar Universities, and also should bring increased progress for UL and UofH as well.

The amount of renewed investment is SW LA and SE TX with LNG is a game-changer for that region and its economy. I wouldn't be surprised to see it have a huge positive affect for McNeese and Lamar Universities, and also should bring increased progress for UL and UofH as well.
    VG is completely self sustained. Once the plant is actually powered up and the cooling process takes place, it generates its own power and is nearly completely off grid.

Quote Originally Posted by cajun4life View Post
    VG is completely self sustained. Once the plant is actually powered up and the cooling process takes place, it generates its own power and is nearly completely off grid.
    A buddy of mine here in the neighborhood is an engineer for the company that consulted, designed and build the facility (or at least the main components of it). Sounds like they didn't spare a dime. State of the art.

Awesome!

14. Default Re: UL helping fuel Louisiana’s energy management with historic grant

... They will take CO2 produced by those plants and transport it via pipeline to inject underground.
    Any research on raising land mass using this method, or is it to far below the surface to have an effect?

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    Any research on raising land mass using this method, or is it to far below the surface to have an effect?
    It is too far below surface to have any effect. CO2 injection has been ongoing for decades, even in Louisiana. Purpose is to increase recovery form old fields. It is just not as economic here as in other areas due to geology therefore you don't hear about it as much.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread Information