Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast

Thread: The Future of Cajun Nation

Default Re: The Future of Cajun Nation

Back on topic, I guess:

Exactly what resources was the university using to help with this watch party? Was it more than an email or a Facebook post? If that’s all it was, there’s no excuse for not doing it again. None.

Quote Originally Posted by KajunKrazy View Post
    You are correct. But the alumni association is not going to do an event for a watch party in Abbeville and then another at the very next game at the same place in Abbeville. They need to be moving around to different communities.
    “Need to be”

Agreed. But they don’t.

Quote Originally Posted by BabbForHeisman View Post
    Back on topic, I guess:

Exactly what resources was the university using to help with this watch party? Was it more than an email or a Facebook post? If that’s all it was, there’s no excuse for not doing it again. None.
    I do know there was a Facebook event.

Quote Originally Posted by BabbForHeisman View Post
    Back on topic, I guess:

Email / Facbook invite to Vermilion alum. Place even offered a free drink to RCAF card members

5. Default Re: The Future of Cajun Nation

Quote Originally Posted by zeppelincajun View Post
    Which is a valid topic. We can’t sustain running this program longterm with the current level of fan support. We are already in the negative and that’s with our core older fanbase still being with us. As we start to lose those folks, there’s not much left. My generation (the 32s ) has a few folks because of the HUD era and historic run in baseball but even that crew is starting to thin out. Then you’ve got the completely lost generations with the Baldwin era and this current batch where we are hellbent on harassing our frats and few students who do show up. Every couple months we see a thread on here where we’ve lost another of our lifetime, diehard fans. I’m just not seeing where we are cultivating that next group. Our student sections are light to empty. The basic things other universities do to appeal to kids we see as unnecessary. Don’t let one example you disagree with given in this thread distract you from the larger issue at hand.
    You've summed up why I started this thread. The future of Cajun Nation isn't a bright one. We've neglected building our fanbase for decades and it is going to hurt us in the coming years. Each day the cost associated with acquiring fans is increasing, especially with more and more entertainment options.

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Malkinson View Post
    I don't belive you !

That man has such an inflated sense of self. I doubt he has enough blood flow to reach that far down.
    I doubt he needs much blood flow.

7. Default Re: The Future of Cajun Nation

Quote Originally Posted by ULvictory View Post
    Let’s review this thread:

You’ve called me lazy with an agenda. You’ve called me obtuse. You claim I spew hate after trying to at least give you a sense of the “debate” you were looking for. You also insult the way I look wearing my hat.

And here you are saying I’m “taking a shot.” And like the last time when I mentioned this, your response was “cry me a river.” You’re not interested in debate. You instigate and insult. That’s your prerogative.
    Most of what you write here is not even in this thread.

Quote Originally Posted by RaginCajun77 View Post
    You've summed up why I started this thread. The future of Cajun Nation isn't a bright one. We've neglected building our fanbase for decades and it is going to hurt us in the coming years. Each day the cost associated with acquiring fans is increasing, especially with more and more entertainment options.
    The pessimistic side of me says none of it will matter with the reckoning that is likely to hit college athletics. I see us looking at high end rec sports in the not too distant future.

My heart wants to see huge success here but my mind says we were too late to the party.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunVic View Post
    Most of what you write here is not even in this thread.
    The entire first paragraph is a simple review of your posts in this thread except for the hat part.

10. Default Re: The Future of Cajun Nation

The entire first paragraph is a simple review of your posts in this thread except for the hat part.
    I would think that just the fact that an arm of the University made an attempt to assist in this respect would be considered a positive.

I would think that we would want to encourage even more participation by this arm of the university with more of the public.

I would think that there should have been some excitement here about assisting this arm of the university to do more of this and find out exactly what they did to make this one event a success as opposed to labeling them L.A.Z.Y.

Am I wrong?

I would think that just the fact that an arm of the University made an attempt to assist in this respect would be considered a positive.

I would think that we would want to encourage even more participation by this arm of the university with more of the public.

I would think that there should have been some excitement here about assisting this arm of the university to do more of this and find out exactly what they did to make this one event a success as opposed to labeling them L.A.Z.Y.

Am I wrong?
    You see? That’s all you had to say from the very beginning instead of the personal insults.

And everyone here knows the reputation of the AA to where my description is cupcake talk compared what others think. There’s a significant reason why they hired a new director.

12. Default Re: The Future of Cajun Nation

You see? That’s all you had to say from the very beginning instead of the personal insults.
    Whose first post in this thread was L.A.Z.Y.?

Whose first post in this thread was L.A.Z.Y.?
    Wasn’t aimed at anyone. It was aimed at the aura of the entire association, which it has been. It’s not some crazy discovery.

14. Default Re: The Future of Cajun Nation

Quote Originally Posted by KajunKrazy View Post
    You are correct. But the alumni association is not going to do an event for a watch party in Abbeville and then another at the very next game at the same place in Abbeville. They need to be moving around to different communities.
    That is a great point.

Easy enough to communicate.

I only play the lottery when it reaches 1 billion. I’d like to give a chunk to UL athletics if we win, but would have one caveat which would probably kill the deal…RCAF autonomy.

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast

Thread Information