Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 . LastLast

Thread: The Future of Cajun Nation

Default Re: The Future of Cajun Nation

The simple answer is that UL athletics, is going to die on the vine. Unless they make big changes to capture the 20-40 age group, the programs will not make it long term.

I know a lot of people who have pulled back from supporting the way they used to and the reasons range from time to no longer being interested in the product.

Quote Originally Posted by moorecajun View Post
    I agree here, what is the connection between the university and a public enterprise holding a special event?
    It's an easy way for the university (through RCAF, Alumni Association, etc.) to show face and recruit donors/members at the event while also showing a little gratitude. If there is any way to cultivate/engage the fans, this is the easy way to do it.

3. Default Re: The Future of Cajun Nation

Quote Originally Posted by ULvictory View Post
    It's an easy way for the university (through RCAF, Alumni Association, etc.) to show face and recruit donors/members at the event while also showing a little gratitude. If there is any way to cultivate/engage the fans, this is the easy way to do it.
    But didn't the restaurant who did it say "it was not worth the trouble and effort"

You throw "easy" and "lazy" around like they mean something while at the same time appear to be too lazy to look at what is easy to see in this discussion. Without more information as to why the restaurant felt it was too much trouble to do it again and exactly what they are requesting be shifted to the university, this is just another thread to trash the university. The Good Lawd knows we have enough ammunition in that respect without possibly making up something that is really not there.

4. Default Re: The Future of Cajun Nation

Quote Originally Posted by CajunVic View Post
    But didn't the restaurant who did it say "it was not worth the trouble and effort"
    Drago's?

5. Default Re: The Future of Cajun Nation

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    Drago's?
    No, the unnamed restaurant in Abbeville who put on a watch party and then wanted help from the university to do another.

No, the unnamed restaurant in Abbeville who put on a watch party and then wanted help from the university to do another.
    The University helped set up the 1st one and had a great turnout. The sports bar contacted the university about doing another, and they never responded. The point of the post is when offered free fan engagement, and with one of the largest alumni areas outside of Lafayette, you should probably jump at the chance.

You throw "easy" and "lazy" around like they mean something while at the same time appear to be too lazy to look at what is easy to see in this discussion. Without more information as to why the restaurant felt it was too much trouble to do it again and exactly what they are requesting be shifted to the university, this is just another thread to trash the university. The Good Lawd knows we have enough ammunition in that respect without possibly making up something that is really not there.
    Stop making the university the victim. They're not. And no, I'm not using "lazy" in this discussion." It's in front of all of us to see.

If the alumni association reached out to the restaurant to do a watch party, it is not of the obligation for the restaurant to carry the rest of the weight because it worked one time. It is the job of the alumni association or any other university association to be persistent in continuing these endeavors in order to recruit more fans and encourage them to give/donate to their respected foundations. Not picking up the phone a second time is on the university. It's their promotion.

8. Default Re: The Future of Cajun Nation

Stop making the university the victim. They're not. And no, I'm not "lazy to see in this discussion." It's in front of all of us to see.

If the alumni association reached out to the restaurant to do a watch party, it is not of the obligation for the restaurant to carry the rest of the weight because it worked one time. It is the job of the alumni association or any other university association to be persistent in continuing these endeavors in order to recruit more fans and encourage them to give/donate to their respected foundations. Not picking up the phone a second time is on the university. It's their promotion.
    So now its the university's fault for trying and showing a business for profit how to make more profit and then not continuing to utilize the university's resources for the benefit of that for profit restaurant. Ok, now I see how you think.

So now its the university's fault fore trying and showing a business for profit how to make more profit and then not continuing to utilize the university's resources for the benefit of that for profit restaurant. Ok, now I see how you think.
    I'm thinking in terms of generating fan engagement (that barely exists now) for the benefit of the school. I don't know where you're going with this other than trying to pick an argument.

10. Default Re: The Future of Cajun Nation

I'm thinking in terms of generating fan engagement (that barely exists now) for the benefit of the school. I don't know where you're going with this other than trying to pick an argument.
    Stop with your BS pick an argument. If you can't figure out where I am going with the posts I made, it is because you chose to be obtuse. And being obtuse is your prerogative. But own it.

It's a symbiotic relationship between business and university, and both gain from this venture. Some don't think in these terms only what the benefit is to me.

Stop with your BS pick an argument. If you can't figure out where I am going with the posts I made, it is because you chose to be obtuse. And being obtuse is your prerogative. But own it.

13. Default Re: The Future of Cajun Nation

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Malkinson View Post
    It's a symbiotic relationship between business and university, and both gain from this venture. Some don't think in these terms only what the benefit is to me.
    I believe it was a great assist by the University for the first one. However, with our current resources, should the University keep utilizing its resources on this one for profit restaurant who has already indicated that its not worth their effort and its too much trouble for them to do it, or try and marshal its resources to other restaurants who make take on the project as their own.

It would really be nice to know what the efforts of the university were in this initial event in order to fairly judge either side.

14. Default Re: The Future of Cajun Nation

So now its the university's fault fore trying and showing a business for profit how to make more profit and then not continuing to utilize the university's resources for the benefit of that for profit restaurant. Ok, now I see how you think.
    A One-and-Done mentality when the goal should be sustainability.

Why have a job fair as opposed to "we are done teaching you." Self sustanance isn't a one off, sustainablity is the goal.

The restaurant asked for more training and got no response.

In the long run the university is the benificiary.

Think what you want on that. I could care less. I'm not going down this rabbit hole with you.

I'll stick to what I said in that it is not the restaurant's responsibility to promote the athletic brand on behalf of the university as much as it is the university's responsibility to do the same and attract new fans. The entire premise of that watch party was to provide a venue to help the university bring in new donors.

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 . LastLast

Thread Information