Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast

Thread: Drago's is closing

1. Default Re: Drago's is closing

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    You would have better credibility if you said they caused cancer.

I got one a week till last March and they were all fantastic.
    I believe you were somewhere else but just don’t remember.

Default Re: Drago's is closing

Six pages and nobody blaming the administration of the restaurant not listening to customers or the shift manager being left employed too long, just waiting for retirement.
    How was parking? How was graduation rate of the busboys?

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunrunner View Post
    I guess I need to give Superior in Lafayette or BR a try. Ate at the one in Shreveport a few times years back and was left thinking it was like a chain version of LaFonda.

Great drinks. Great atmosphere. Ehh on the food for the price.

So I figure, why a chain that’s like LaFonda when the real one with local tradition is already here in Lafayette?
    Superior is awesome. I don't think they'll cannibalize the LaFonda social club, but it will absolutely be a force for a long time in Lafayette.

Quote Originally Posted by Swamp View Post
    When they took over that old Wendy's I said to myself, Burger Tyme is coming back, guns loaded. That was the worst debacle possible. How do you reopen a killer location and the the drive through machinery is not in order. Epic bad. And when you get to drive through window (after waiting in line what seemed like eternity) here is your burger, fries, drink. That'll be $20. I wanted to burn out at the window but couldn't bc the truck was already overheating from the wait in line.
    I had a very similar experience and never went back. I thought I’d later give it another shot and I guess it was too late.

Another thing that killed them was their perpetual soft opening type model for several months. Their operating hours were super inconsistent and it killed any momentum they could have hoped to get from being “new”

Quote Originally Posted by facelessjonmoon View Post
    I had a very similar experience and never went back. I thought I’d later give it another shot and I guess it was too late.

Another thing that killed them was their perpetual soft opening type model for several months. Their operating hours were super inconsistent and it killed any momentum they could have hoped to get from being “new”
    100%

6. Default Re: Drago's is closing

You'll see more restaurants close. Rising food, labor, and lease costs are hitting restaurants hard. You can only increase prices so much before you price people right out of the door. Drago's prices were already at a point where many in this market weren't going to spend additional disposable income, especially with better options. Finally, the Lafayette restaurant market is tricky, people here love to chase what's new and then move on to the next restaurant.

7. Default Re: Drago's is closing

When it comes to seafood it’s tough to beat Don’s and Shucks.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunVic View Post
    When it comes to seafood it’s tough to beat Don’s and Shucks.
    Shucks?? Their product has gone down considerably. If I’m going to Abbeville I’m going to Dupuys or riverfront.

Quote Originally Posted by RedTails View Post
    Superior is awesome. I don't think they'll cannibalize the LaFonda social club, but it will absolutely be a force for a long time in Lafayette.
    I’ve never had a bad experience at Superior. It will succeed in Lafayette.

10. Default Re: Drago's is closing

Quote Originally Posted by Million$Mullet View Post
    Shucks?? Their product has gone down considerably. If I’m going to Abbeville I’m going to Dupuys or riverfront.
    Not sure what you eating at Shucks. We stick to four items: raw oysters, charbroiled oysters, seafood platter and Budweiser.

It’s a never miss.

11. Default Re: Drago's is closing

Pinchers in Maurice is pretty good.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunVic View Post
    Not sure what you eating at Shucks. We stick to four items: raw oysters, charbroiled oysters, seafood platter and Budweiser.

It’s a never miss.
    That’s what I normally go for. I had the catfish atchafalaya and the crab meat au gratin the last two times I went. I was disappointed both times. They didn’t have the catfish so they used some other fake fish that was disgusting. Out of our party of 20 maybe two came away satisfied.

13. Default Re: Drago's is closing

Quote Originally Posted by Million$Mullet View Post
    That’s what I normally go for. I had the catfish atchafalaya and the crab meat au gratin the last two times I went. I was disappointed both times. They didn’t have the catfish so they used some other fake fish that was disgusting. Out of our party of 20 maybe two came away satisfied.
    Sometimes it better for the restaurant to say "sold out" or "not available" thant to try and capture a "one time" sale with a subparstitute

Quote Originally Posted by RaginCajun77 View Post
    You can only increase prices so much before you price people right out of the door.
    Kind of like a football stadium.....but I digress.

Quote Originally Posted by lafman1 View Post
    How much better can a margarita be at superior grill than say La Pagua, to wait for a chain restaurant food?
    Well, its not a chain first of all. Second, they are pretty damned solid. And, the rest of the food is at the top of the mexican food list.

Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast

Thread Information