Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast

Thread: Drago's is closing

Default Re: Drago's is closing

Quote Originally Posted by Swamp View Post
    Of course it will have the parking lot in grid lock for first year, but she will long term earn very valuable, Lafayette market share.

Just pray they don't have some catastrophe grand opening like Burger Time.
    Is Burger Tyme still open?

Quote Originally Posted by CajunT View Post
    Superior Grill has never been a disappointment in Baton Rouge for me. Once they open, you will be lucky to get in less than an hour.
    Yeah id imagine superior will be slammed when they open. I lived in BR for a few years. I liked it okay, but it’s nothing I would wait a long time for. Catch me at a dive like El Potrillo any day over SG.

3. Default Re: Drago's is closing

Quote Originally Posted by zephyr View Post
    Well, for one they bought more than double the amount of hard corner land which was amongst the most expensive in town. Second, they are not only in it for the massive construction costs of their building but of the development, buildings and infrastructure of the surrounding parcels.
    I believe you are way over confident in your inaccurate facts. Time will tell.

Quote Originally Posted by ZoomZoom View Post
    Not currently. I believe they are relocating.

Quote Originally Posted by ZoomZoom View Post
    Overpriced, low-quality burgers.

6. Default Re: Drago's is closing

Quote Originally Posted by Esqueleto View Post
    Overpriced, low-quality burgers.
    Burgers "Cajun Blaze" were great but they never fixed the atrocious drive through speaker or microphone.

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    Burgers "Cajun Blaze" were great but they never fixed the atrocious drive through speaker or microphone.
    That was the least of their problems. Their burgers were awful

8. Default Re: Drago's is closing

25 places in Lafayette competing for best burger. If your burger is awful, you probably don’t stand a chance.

Quote Originally Posted by zephyr View Post
    I give Superior a better chance. This town really likes mexican and they will be as good or better than just about anybody around. They have some of the best margaritas in town and they are probably going to do it up nice outside. It should be a fun place but I think they will be in it for the long haul. Chimes has such a financial hill to climb with their entry costs being sky high. Don't want to see anybody fail but they could be a good candidate.
    How much better can a margarita be at superior grill than say La Pagua, to wait for a chain restaurant food?

Quote Originally Posted by facelessjonmoon View Post
    Toucans> Booties > Serranos > Bako's > Mellow Mushroom > Drago's

Might be missing something in between
    Probably not many here on RP are old enough to remember, but the original business on the corner where Drago's is located was a Payless or Shoe Town Store!!!!

When they took over that old Wendy's I said to myself, Burger Tyme is coming back, guns loaded. That was the worst debacle possible. How do you reopen a killer location and the the drive through machinery is not in order. Epic bad. And when you get to drive through window (after waiting in line what seemed like eternity) here is your burger, fries, drink. That'll be $20. I wanted to burn out at the window but couldn't bc the truck was already overheating from the wait in line.

Isn’t the original recipe still owned (and wasn’t allowed at the new Burger Tyme) by the dude who owns PJ’s in Crowley?

That place has a good burger.

13. Default Re: Drago's is closing

You would have better credibility if you said they caused cancer.

I got one a week till last March and they were all fantastic.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunT View Post
    Superior Grill has never been a disappointment in Baton Rouge for me. Once they open, you will be lucky to get in less than an hour.
    I guess I need to give Superior in Lafayette or BR a try. Ate at the one in Shreveport a few times years back and was left thinking it was like a chain version of LaFonda.

Great drinks. Great atmosphere. Ehh on the food for the price.

So I figure, why a chain that’s like LaFonda when the real one with local tradition is already here in Lafayette?

You would have better credibility if you said they caused cancer.

I got one a week till last March and they were all fantastic.
    Well, I was disappointed all three times I tried them. Not surprised nobody was ever there.

Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast

Thread Information