Page 1 of 13 1 2 3 4 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Drago's is closing

What a Downer Drago's is closing

The curse of the Johnston/Doucet intersection lives on.

https://www.katc.com/lafayette-paris...tte-restaurant

Default Re: Drago's is closing

That location seems like a prime spot. Movie theater, corner bar, right in the middle of the city. It really is a mystery why nothing can keep its doors open there. Especially a name like Drago's.

Somehow, Martin Hall is behind this

(had to keep it University related somehow.)

First hooters now dragos. Dang

Food wasn't very good. Surprised it lasted this long, tbh.

I never went because Don's was right down the street.

Went to Dragos in Metairie for over 25 years for their oysters. Lafayette location just as good. Lafayette supports chains and restaurants owned outside of Lafayette. Flock to latest opening. Locals getting hammered.
    We’ll have to drive to other locales to eat.
    OK. I’m ranting but I’ll miss my charbroiled oysters.

Heard years ago that the lease the property owners offer is easy to get in and then the price balloons to an unsustainable amount after a certain amount of time.

Quote Originally Posted by 60swerethebest View Post
    Went to Dragos in Metairie for over 25 years for their oysters. Lafayette location just as good. Lafayette supports chains and restaurants owned outside of Lafayette. Flock to latest opening. Locals getting hammered.
    See the Chimes. That place is jammed just about all the time since it opened. I had a few friends go and the reviews were mixed. I can't bring myself to go. Just makes my skin crawl knowing their backstory.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunRage View Post
    Heard years ago that the lease the property owners offer is easy to get in and then the price balloons to an unsustainable amount after a certain amount of time.
    Ye, ive heard the rent is too high.

Quote Originally Posted by RaginScotsman View Post
    See the Chimes. That place is jammed just about all the time since it opened. I had a few friends go and the reviews were mixed. I can't bring myself to go. Just makes my skin crawl knowing their backstory.
    What's their backstory?

Quote Originally Posted by RedTails View Post
    What's their backstory?
    Probably their lsu tradition

Quote Originally Posted by RaginScotsman View Post
    Dragos has great chargrilled oysters…but then that’s it.

Both Don’s and Chimes blow it out the water for other menu items, in my unprofessional opinion.

13. Default Re: Drago's is closing

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunrunner View Post
    Dragos has great chargrilled oysters…but then that’s it.

Both Don’s and Chimes blow it out the water for other menu items, in my unprofessional opinion.
    Everybody has their own professional opinion when it comes to eating and spending their eating $$$$.

Chimes is definitely an LSU institution. Not that they can't become a UL institution, but just like any other local business, LSU probably draws more than UL in Lafayette. So there is that.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunRage View Post
    That make sense because I have never gone there when it wasn’t packed. Seems like the owners would negotiate on a fair lease rather than have it sit empty.

Someone just needs to try a new concept at that location and call it "Cursed Building." Make it a year-round haunted eatery that serves the most popular dishes belonging to every restaurant that closed down prior.

Page 1 of 13 1 2 3 4 11 ... LastLast

Thread Information