Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 LastLast

Thread: Drago's is closing

Default Re: Drago's is closing

Quote Originally Posted by Esqueleto View Post
    That reminds me we haven't been to Mae Sone's in a while. Crazy how some places that used to be in your rotation just fall out and you forget about them. Too many places to eat at, lol.
    An excellent place.

2. Default Re: Drago's is closing

Quote Originally Posted by lafman1 View Post
    Which restaurants food is better? Superior Grill or La Pagua?
    Superior is superior.

Quote Originally Posted by Esqueleto View Post
    That reminds me we haven't been to Mae Sone's in a while. Crazy how some places that used to be in your rotation just fall out and you forget about them. Too many places to eat at, lol.
    Don’t forget Marylin’s in Michael’s gentleman’s club. They got the best tuna wrap this side of the vermilion!!

Quote Originally Posted by Million$Mullet View Post
    Don’t forget Marylin’s in Michael’s gentleman’s club. They got the best tuna wrap this side of the vermilion!!
    Yea, but does it smell fishy?

Quote Originally Posted by RaginDave View Post
    Superior is superior.
    I’ll have to check it out when the shine of the place wears off.

I don’t get the love for Superior. Maybe after a few Margarita’s anything taste good, but I have eaten in BR, New Orleans and Shreveport and it’s meh.

Quote Originally Posted by CRAWFISH61 View Post
    I don’t get the love for Superior. Maybe after a few Margarita’s anything taste good, but I have eaten in BR, New Orleans and Shreveport and it’s meh.
    LOL! To each his own. I don't get the love for mediocre greasy food and dirty facilities. Everyone has their favorites.

Quote Originally Posted by CRAWFISH61 View Post
    I don't even know what the food taste like.

Shreveport has some for real sound coming through speakers that might have been on stage with AC/DC (think Poet's). NOLA is a serious Wednesday Night destination and nothing touches their Cinco de Mayo. BR, well, it's BR

Quote Originally Posted by lafman1 View Post
    Hmmm, ok.
    It's got 3 locations all in the state and is privately owned. Literally not the definition of a chain.

Quote Originally Posted by Cajun90 View Post
    Not to be that guy.... but a lot of these "Mexican" restaurants aren't Mexican. A lot of it is more Central American than Mexican. Nothing wrong with that at all. Even when you are talking Mexican there are massive differences in the regions. It's no different than what we have here in the U.S. Our food in South Louisiana is completely different than what you would expect in the midwest.

Point being is that much of the discussion is being labeled "Mexican" is about equal to labeling it "American". Truth be told I'm not sure there is a good "interior" Mexican restaurant in Lafayette. TexMex sure, Central American yes, Fusion...no doubt.

Gotta love the food threads.
    Not really a fan of Tex-Mex. I only go to the "Mexican" restaurants if the family wants so I can get a margarita. For real street tacos, Taqueria DF at the Grub Lot in Erath is really good. I'm ready for the trip to Houston for Cajuns baseball so I can head to my sketchy taco spots in the hood.

11. Default Re: Drago's is closing

The Grub Lot in Erath has a nice set of options.

Quote Originally Posted by zephyr View Post
    It's got 3 locations all in the state and is privately owned. Literally not the definition of a chain.
    It will have 5 locations in Louisiana, all with the same owner. It’s EXACTLY what the definition a chain restaurant is. But to each their own.

13. Default Re: Drago's is closing

Is anyone mixing up chain model with franchisee model?

Franchise models usually start with a successful chain.

Quote Originally Posted by Million$Mullet View Post
    I enjoy the tuna curtains salad...

Quote Originally Posted by fanof71 View Post
    I enjoy the tuna curtains salad...
    I bet it stinks

Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 LastLast

Thread Information