Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 LastLast

Thread: Drago's is closing

1. Default Re: Drago's is closing

Quote Originally Posted by CajunVic View Post
    Just saw where BJ’s Pizza is opened back up.
    Yes my friends used to work there last century.

They are excited.

Default Re: Drago's is closing

Quote Originally Posted by cypremort View Post
    Puggy!
    The legend lives…

The Full House pizza at BJ's is #1.

Back in the day, that 40% off Monday deal was sweet.

4. Default Re: Drago's is closing

Quote Originally Posted by Swamp View Post
    That is often a winning hand.

Quote Originally Posted by Swamp View Post

Back in the day, that 40% off Monday deal was sweet.
    Yep. Used to hit that place often for MNF

Quote Originally Posted by cajun4life View Post
    Luna’s Bar and Grill ended the same way Drago’s has. Cheap initial lease then after a successful opening and sustaining a good clientele base the owners of the building tripled the lease rate. So they closed the doors.
    That's not really what happened. They were on their initial lease. They signed the lease (not a good idea) knowing what they were getting in to. There was no arbitrary escalation that the lessor single handedly executed. The simple fact was that Covid along with a really heavy lease and opening their other location in LC were all too much for them to succeed.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunVic View Post
    But they let that place age out of existence. The atmosphere was down right horrible in the last years of its existence. Right before it closed, they tried making a more modern bar at the entrance, however I believe it was too late.

Also, many of the regular week day patrons moved from Downtown to more in the Kaliste Saloom, Camilia, Ambassadar Caffery areas. That also hurt them tremendously.
    Camellia; Ambassador

8. Default Re: Drago's is closing

Quote Originally Posted by zephyr View Post
    Camellia; Ambassador
    Those two areas also. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by zephyr View Post
    Well, its not a chain first of all. Second, they are pretty damned solid. And, the rest of the food is at the top of the mexican food list.
    Hmmm, ok.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunT View Post
    La Pagua? I don't know about the Margaritas that's a wife thing but the food is much better. Not even close.
    Which restaurants food is better? Superior Grill or La Pagua?

Not to be that guy.... but a lot of these "Mexican" restaurants aren't Mexican. A lot of it is more Central American than Mexican. Nothing wrong with that at all. Even when you are talking Mexican there are massive differences in the regions. It's no different than what we have here in the U.S. Our food in South Louisiana is completely different than what you would expect in the midwest.

Point being is that much of the discussion is being labeled "Mexican" is about equal to labeling it "American". Truth be told I'm not sure there is a good "interior" Mexican restaurant in Lafayette. TexMex sure, Central American yes, Fusion...no doubt.

Gotta love the food threads.

Quote Originally Posted by Cajun90 View Post
    Not to be that guy.... but a lot of these "Mexican" restaurants aren't Mexican. A lot of it is more Central American than Mexican. Nothing wrong with that at all. Even when you are talking Mexican there are massive differences in the regions. It's no different than what we have here in the U.S. Our food in South Louisiana is completely different than what you would expect in the midwest.

Point being is that much of the discussion is being labeled "Mexican" is about equal to labeling it "American". Truth be told I'm not sure there is a good "interior" Mexican restaurant in Lafayette. TexMex sure, Central American yes, Fusion...no doubt.

Agreed. I'd love a great Oaxacan mole dish in Lafayette

Quote Originally Posted by Cajun90 View Post

Sounds like the same thing with “Chinese” restaurants here. Other than Noodle House, there’s not many that’s authentic.

Quote Originally Posted by ULvictory View Post
    Sounds like the same thing with “Chinese” restaurants here. Other than Noodle House, there’s not many that’s authentic.
    That reminds me we haven't been to Mae Sone's in a while. Crazy how some places that used to be in your rotation just fall out and you forget about them. Too many places to eat at, lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Esqueleto View Post
    That reminds me we haven't been to Mae Sone's in a while. Crazy how some places that used to be in your rotation just fall out and you forget about them. Too many places to eat at, lol.
    Can’t go wrong with that place

Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 LastLast

Thread Information