Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 12 . LastLast

Thread: Drago's is closing

Default Re: Drago's is closing

Anybody remember when it was Booties? Server came to table and she looked like she'd been up for two days and on the comedown, all strung out

That spot reminds of me of the Tokyo at the corner of Ambassador and Johnston. Before Tokyo finally stuck, it was Bennigans, Shenanigans, and Tilted Kilt.

I only went once to Drago’s for a Krewe Allons event. I thought the food was decent. Never good to see a pro-UL business closing doors. Hopefully whatever lands there next breaks the curse.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunRage View Post
    Heard years ago that the lease the property owners offer is easy to get in and then the price balloons to an unsustainable amount after a certain amount of time.
    If that is the case, I hope the place stays unleased for a long time.

The same thing happened downtown. We went downtown to eat at a restaurant I had never been to before, Cafe Luna. Well, when we get to the address we find it had closed the week before. Same reason, the owner jacked up the rent significantly. And this was after the tenants revamped their bar (so I was told since i never made it inside); in hindsight they should have renegotiated the lease before they invested in the upgrade, but sometimes you just don't expaec the greed!

They have two locations in Lake Charles and I made it a point to visit one while we were in town a few months back. I found it to be a neat place with good food and atmosphere. Too bad they have such a bad memory of Lafayette.

Quote Originally Posted by RedTails View Post
    Someone just needs to try a new concept at that location and call it "Cursed Building." Make it a year-round haunted eatery that serves the most popular dishes belonging to every restaurant that closed down prior.
    I was telling my wife this morning make it into a dance bar live music at times more high energy. You got the more relaxed corner bar next door people could flow between the 2 and get the best of both worlds and avoid the craziness of downtown.

Quote Originally Posted by KajunKrazy View Post
    I was telling my wife this morning make it into a dance bar live music at times more high energy. You got the more relaxed corner bar next door people could flow between the 2 and get the best of both worlds and avoid the craziness of downtown.
    Corner Bar is horrific now last time we went by it was 90% 18-21 year olds and every seat at the bar was some cheesy old man buying drinks for young girls

Quote Originally Posted by jaxmc1023 View Post
    Corner Bar is horrific now last time we went by it was 90% 18-21 year olds and every seat at the bar was some cheesy old man buying drinks for young girls
    It hasn't been the same since Scott Farmer left town

7. Default Re: Drago's is closing

Quote Originally Posted by facelessjonmoon View Post
    I feel confident the cheesy old man and the fine coeds are the same.

I give The Chimesat the gates of River Ranchfive years. Lafayette is a very fickled town when it comes to food and entertainment. Same thing with whatever they're building at the Randol's site. Top Golf, Dave and Buster's, all the same. There is only so much discretionary money to go around. Novelty and newness, then forgotten. WalkOns.ain't what it was at the beginning, had not been in a few years.

When that interchange at Ambassador and 90 is complete, there is your next hot zip code. Ask any local old timer.in a rough 50 years window, went from 70501 to '06 to '03 to '08.

Quote Originally Posted by jaxmc1023 View Post
    Can't be recently, haven't been there in months

Quote Originally Posted by CajunVic View Post
    I feel confident the cheesy old man and the fine coeds are the same.
    Perception vs reality….SMILE

UL Basketball Re: Drago's is closing

Quote Originally Posted by RaginScotsman View Post
    That location seems like a prime spot. Movie theater, corner bar, right in the middle of the city. It really is a mystery why nothing can keep its doors open there. Especially a name like Drago's.

Somehow, Martin Hall is behind this

(had to keep it University related somehow.)
    Word has always been that you have to pay 3 LEASES

1.) Land Lease ( 5K )
    2.) Parking Lot Lease ( 5K )
    3.) Buidling Lease ( 5K )

12. Default Re: Drago's is closing

Quote Originally Posted by cwl1951 View Post
    Perception vs reality….SMILE
    I choose to only see the coed side and appreciate the cheesy old man carrying the fare.

Quote Originally Posted by facelessjonmoon View Post
    You got my vote for the RP Top Ten post of the day!

14. Default Re: Drago's is closing

Quote Originally Posted by BBOYD View Post
    Word has always been that you have to pay 3 LEASES

1.) Land Lease ( 5K )
    2.) Parking Lot Lease ( 5K )
    3.) Buidling Lease ( 5K )
    That parking always gets you.

Quote Originally Posted by ZoomZoom View Post
    Same thing with whatever they're building at the Randol's site.
    Superior Grill is gonna be one of the very few that actually makes it work. SG in Shreveport (original) is awesome. SG in BR is awesome. SG in Nola on St. Charles is unbeatable.

Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 12 . LastLast

Thread Information