Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Sad news on Don Brown aka Crawfish

Ragin' Cajuns Re: Sad news on Crawfish

Quote Originally Posted by GreatestStory View Post
    Don was a true Ragin Cajun and supporter of UL Athletics. Prayers for his wife and family during this difficult time.

That makes two UL diehards we lost this week as my son passed away Monday. I'd like to think one is yelling "RAGIN" and the other "CAJUNS" as they pass through those pearly gates.
    Sorry for your loss and the loss a Cajun supporter like Don. Sadly, this is a issue that I brought up that the old timers are going to the Lord and no new kids/supporters are stepping up to take their place in UL culture.

Default Re: Sad news on Don Brown aka Crawfish

May he rest in the eternal presence of God!

Sorry to hear this sad news about a fellow Ragin Cajun. Condolences to the family.

Condolences to his and GS and your families,

Prayers for his family in this difficult time.

Default Re: Sad news on Crawfish

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    Don was supporting Louisiana with class to the very end.

His last post two days ago, "Thanks"

His second to last post, "OK, have a nice day. You are welcome to come and support the Cajuns Thursday night. I would love to see you out there."

Lights out, you will be missed Don.
    Wow! That was his response to me.....being a smart@$$ of course. Note to self: be kind. You never know.

Default Re: Sad news on Crawfish

Wise words there. If you want to honor Don, consider going to a basketball game. He really enjoyed the games he went to last season and the few he was able to make this season before his passing. He had been looking forward to the homestand which just began

I met him once in person! Cajuns fan through and through. Rest in Peace Brother !!

Requiem ęternam dona ei (eis), Domine. ℟. Et lux perpetua luceat ei (eis): ℣

This news terribly saddens me. I got to know Fish on the Delphi board more than a quarter of a century ago. When we finally met under the oak tree, it was easy to see what a wonderful gentleman he was. We lost a true fan and a finer person. May he rest in peace.

10. Default Re: Sad news on Don Brown aka Crawfish

So sad to hear this. Don was a great fan and person. One of the originals. I remember that day we all met at the Oak. Prayers for him and his family.

RIP Cajun Fan.

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunsmike View Post
    Just heard that Don Brown, aka Crawfish on this forum passed away suddenly at his home in Opelousas on Wednesday. His widow talked to me earlier today and asked how to make contributions to UL athletics. I know Don loved basketball. He traveled to some away games prior to getting transferred. Therefore I will try to put the appropriate people from Rebounders Club in contact with his widow. If you do make a basketball game this season think of Don.
    Have you word on the funeral arrangements & the wake? I worked with Don at baker & did some consulting with him later on at Halliburton. The guy definitely bled red for both Halliburton & UL.

Earthly loss, heavenly gain.

I'm sorry, couldn't help myself. In all seriousness, RIP crawfish. We're all right behind ya.

Attached Images Attached Images  

Quote Originally Posted by Bandwagon King View Post
    Have you word on the funeral arrangements & the wake? I worked with Don at baker & did some consulting with him later on at Halliburton. The guy definitely bled red for both Halliburton & UL.
    I don't have all the details. From the conversation with his widow, I recall her saying there would be a memorial service at the old Methodist Church in Opelousas this coming Saturday followed by a reception at their home. Sorry that I don't have the times of events.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread Information