Page 10 of 19 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 ... LastLast

Thread: Louisiana athletics operated at $8 million deficit during 2023 fiscal year

Default Re: Louisiana athletics operated at $8 million deficit during 2023 fiscal year

Quote Originally Posted by KajunKrazy View Post
    How do we define splash hire? Des and Billy were making about the same thing when they both were hired for the head job. Des wasn’t a cheap hire.
    The problem is that Des was paid the same amount as Napier.

Default Re: Louisiana athletics operated at $8 million deficit during 2023 fiscal year

Quote Originally Posted by ragin50 View Post
    That must have been a really long season!
    Brain malfunction and fat fingers. 13-1

Quote Originally Posted by jaxmc1023 View Post
    Who buys season tickets these days -- in any sport? Honest question...
    I have 7 for football, 2 for baseball and 1 for Softball.
    I gave up my 2 for basketball a few years ago.

Quote Originally Posted by JamesTheJeweler View Post
    The problem is that Des was paid the same amount as Napier.
    That is my point you could have got Billy type experience for what you paid Des.

Quote Originally Posted by Clutch0364 View Post
    When Billy was hired we were a top 25 team coming of a 31-1 season. The job had grown so pay should have grown.
    Not true you could have gotten an experienced coordinator just like billy for that same starting pay.

Y'all see what happens here, right? 100% of Vic's posts in this thread have been about the football coaching hire, so the thread changes to be a discussion about the coaching hire.

This isn't about the coaching hire, this is about the overall engagement with those who pay the bills (us, the community).

Quote Originally Posted by BabbForHeisman View Post
    Y'all see what happens here, right? 100% of Vic's posts in this thread have been about the football coaching hire, so the thread changes to be a discussion about the coaching hire.

This isn't about the coaching hire, this is about the overall engagement with those who pay the bills (us, the community).
    Par for the course

Quote Originally Posted by CajunVic View Post
    Not sure that translates into what you are saying. Also, let's see how that guy does before we anoint him for anything.
    If he has a winning season and not have a 45% reduction in season ticket sales he will be doing better than Dez.

9. Default Re: Louisiana athletics operated at $8 million deficit during 2023 fiscal year

Quote Originally Posted by Clutch0364 View Post
    It didn’t help that they made the least exciting hire they could make. For me it said we are not trying to take the next step and continue what has been built.
    This was the first post where our current financial position was blamed on the CMD hire.

It is not from Vic.

10. Default Re: Louisiana athletics operated at $8 million deficit during 2023 fiscal year

Quote Originally Posted by ManAboutTown View Post
    Napier's last year was the first time we didn't see a decline in YOY season ticket sales since 2014. It's incorrect to assume as "splash hire" wouldn't have A) continued the excitement and B) been worth the investment. I'll say again, private money pledged $3mm to keep Napier. Those boosters would have spent that on a "splash hire."
    I beg your pardon. My post should say overall ticket sales, not just season ticket sales. ALL ticket sales have been on a downward trajectory since 2014 except for Napier's last year. So when our AD tells you, "We were number 16 in the country and nobody came," see it for what it is. Either willful denial of the truth or gross misinterpretation of the data.

Quote Originally Posted by ManAboutTown View Post
    I beg your pardon. My post should say overall ticket sales, not just season ticket sales. ALL ticket sales have been on a downward trajectory since 2014 except for Napier's last year. So when our AD tells you, "We were number 16 in the country and nobody came," see it for what it is. Either willful denial of the truth or gross misinterpretation of the data.
    That mindset always makes me smirk.
    1. The numbers were up.
    2. They just weren’t up like they wanted them to be. Why was that? Because they did half the job and wanted all the results. Put a winner on the field and coupled it with the worst game day experience in our program’s history. Then resents the community because they watched our best days from their couch.

Quote Originally Posted by zeppelincajun View Post
    That mindset always makes me smirk.
    1. The numbers were up.
    2. They just weren’t up like they wanted them to be. Why was that? Because they did half the job and wanted all the results. Put a winner on the field and coupled it with the worst game day experience in our program’s history. Then resents the community because they watched our best days from their couch.
    The admin’s response to not getting the numbers they wanted is the real kicker too. Cant get full results for 50% effort? Let’s kick it down to 25% and see where that gets us. Faculty and Staff Appreciation Night baby!!!

Quote Originally Posted by CajunVic View Post
    This was the first post where our current financial position was blamed on the CMD hire.

It is not from Vic.
    Post #1 in this thread is the article

Post #2 is "yowzers"

Post #3 is you talking about having enough money to hire a different football coach.

I guess maybe you think people can't read when you deny saying things you actually said? lol

14. Default Re: Louisiana athletics operated at $8 million deficit during 2023 fiscal year

Quote Originally Posted by BabbForHeisman View Post
    Post #1 in this thread is the article

Post #2 is "yowzers"

Post #3 is you talking about having enough money to hire a different football coach.

I guess maybe you think people can't read when you deny saying things you actually said? lol
    And? Your _ is still blazing. Came here just to exercise it.

The "splash hire" angle is not relevant here.

It is fair to say that the hiring of CMD caused a letdown in the fan base. It was not because CMD wasn't a splash hire. It is because CMD wasn't as qualified as countless, higher profile candidates who were themselves not really splash hires either.

We didn't need a splash hire big name to keep momentum going in the fan base. We just needed someone hired that that ticked all the boxes of a known, up and coming coach.

Having said that, this is no excuse to quit supporting the program. I get being upset for a while, but sooner or later, reality should have dictated that CMD is one of our own and let's circle the pirogues.

The fact that this hasn't happened yet is a shame on our community and the cULture. We should be better than this.

Page 10 of 19 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 ... LastLast

Thread Information