Page 18 of 19 FirstFirst . 8 15 16 17 18 19 LastLast

Thread: Louisiana athletics operated at $8 million deficit during 2023 fiscal year

1. Default Re: Louisiana athletics operated at $8 million deficit during 2023 fiscal year

It got to the point here it is.

If it wasn't a money making event it wasn't happening.

This locked out future growth.

Default Re: Louisiana athletics operated at $8 million deficit during 2023 fiscal year

Quote Originally Posted by RaginScotsman View Post
    The old RCAF parties at Cypress Bayou were literal examples of inviting the every-donor into the club.

I was in my 20s and a low-level donor. I went to that and got to meet HUD and ended up playing blackjack with Bob Marlin and his wife. It was such a cool experience.

The place was packed with red and you felt like this was the start of something great.

What the heck happened? (Rhetorical question. I know the answer(s).)
    Contrast that with the “invite only” unveiling of one of the largest stadium renovation plans in the university’s history. I can’t figure out why we are an afterthought to those under 50. Kids these days must be too woke to understand the joys of paying $1,000 to tailgate, $60 to park in an empty lot, hundreds of dollars to get invites to events that everyone with skin in the game used to get invited to.

3. Default Re: Louisiana athletics operated at $8 million deficit during 2023 fiscal year

Here we go

Attached Images Attached Images  

Default Re: Louisiana athletics operated at $8 million deficit during 2023 fiscal year

Quote Originally Posted by RaginScotsman View Post
    The old RCAF parties at Cypress Bayou were literal examples of inviting the every-donor into the club.

I was in my 20s and a low-level donor. I went to that and got to meet HUD and ended up playing blackjack with Bob Marlin and his wife. It was such a cool experience.

The place was packed with red and you felt like this was the start of something great.

What the heck happened? (Rhetorical question. I know the answer(s).)
    It’s time to get back to this.

Well the University better learn this quick Napier quote “Scared Money don’t make Money!!”

University better learn that lesson!

Quote Originally Posted by cajun4life View Post
    Exactly. Our worst enemy is our own fear of being “to successful”. Then getting slapped by the big bad LSU political system.
    T-Joe and university "leadership" are just like those conservative candidates we get from time to time who run for the state legislature promising to "fight the good ole boy network", then they get to Baton Rouge and realized it's no fun not being invited to the evening parties at Ruth Chris, Little Village, etc., so they cave so they don't have to sit home bored.

T-Joe and others at UL don't want to get left out of those fun gatherings because they promote their university "too much". So here we are.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunVic View Post
    Here we go
    Fab and Gene did a great job on that bus.

8. Default Re: Louisiana athletics operated at $8 million deficit during 2023 fiscal year

Quote Originally Posted by BeauCajun View Post
    Fab and Gene did a great job on that bus.
    It’s Dat Bus

Quote Originally Posted by HelmutVII View Post
    Mulky’s program alone lost right under 8 million, while Ole Miss WBB lost over 8 million. Seems a common theme with SEC WBB. Wonder how UL WBB did, is this the norm for WBB?

11. Default Re: Louisiana athletics operated at $8 million deficit during 2023 fiscal year

WBB

We Be Broke.

Quote Originally Posted by ZoomZoom View Post
    Mulky’s program alone lost right under 8 million, while Ole Miss WBB lost over 8 million. Seems a common theme with SEC WBB. Wonder how UL WBB did, is this the norm for WBB?
    Women’s basketball is a money drainer. Traveling on the road for about what…20 games a season. Yet hardly any home attendance.

13. Default Re: Louisiana athletics operated at $8 million deficit during 2023 fiscal year

Quote Originally Posted by facelessjonmoon View Post
    Splash hire would have been a hire that got the fan base excited. The Des hire did not do that unfortunately based on fan reaction (money and butts in seats are pretty clear indicators)

We probably could have gotten a "splash hire" for around the same money . That being said, it's time to ride or die with Des. I think he can be successful ultimately
    Are you sure, Arkansas State made what could be considered a splash hire, that splash hire had his best season in 3 years and finished 6-7 after a 2-10 and 3-9 season before. What do you think our attendance would be with an overall record of 11-26.

Oh, by the way, Butch Jones is making $825,000 per year at Arkansas State.

Just askin'?

Quote Originally Posted by RaginDave View Post
    Are you sure, Arkansas State made what could be considered a splash hire, that splash hire had his best season in 3 years and finished 6-7 after a 2-10 and 3-9 season before. What do you think our attendance would be with an overall record of 11-26.

Just askin'?
    Butch was picking up Sabans dry cleaning before getting the Ark State job. It was most mocked throughout CFB community.

https://twitter.com/UGASPIKESQUAD/st.Z4j5JCoHA&s=19

Quote Originally Posted by RaginDave View Post

Oh, by the way, Butch Jones is making $825,000 per year at Arkansas State.

Just askin'?
    I posted on RP an article on ASU’s FB attendance woes awhile back. Basically, their administration lets things slide, missed on the hire and now having trouble getting fans back. Sounded very familiar.

Page 18 of 19 FirstFirst . 8 15 16 17 18 19 LastLast

Thread Information