Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Marlin Encourages Everyone to Support Louisiana Basketball

Default Re: Marlin's plea to support his red-hot squad

Quote Originally Posted by Crawfish View Post
    Yeah, the idea that basketball coach wants fans to support his team is just crazy.
    It’s the concept of the coach actually trying to integrate into the community. Not just the people who are in the rebounders club. Marlin doesn’t seem to do that very well.

Hudspeth and Jessie Evan’s were always out and about and actually engaged people almost on the daily.

Quote Originally Posted by cajun4life View Post
    It’s the concept of the coach actually trying to integrate into the community. Not just the people who are in the rebounders club. Marlin doesn’t seem to do that very well.

Hudspeth and Jessie Evan’s were always out and about and actually engaged people almost on the daily.
    Coaches nowadays have to be a man of the people with all the free streaming of every game, other entertainment options etc.
    Bob is just not that type of person I guess.

3. Default Re: Marlin's plea to support his red-hot squad

"Never stop recruiting" the fans.

I'm just waiting on interest rates to get a little better before I go take out that bank loan to be able to buy tickets and refreshments for 3 to attend a home game.

Nothing wrong with CBM wanting fans to come back, even though a long shot. Feels like we've been on glidepath to apathy since middle of Coach Lee's tenure. There's been a few bright spots during Coach Marlin's long tenure here, but we've already debated fan expectations here in the past. The reality is the Administration is not in alignment with its fans expectations and vice versa. Until that changes fan apathy will continue.

Regarding Foote's article it was annoying in the way it was bouncing back and forth from men's to women's to men's to women's basketball. Why not create a separate article for each? Its a false premise to assume fans of men's Cajuns basketball care to read about lady Cajuns basketball and vice versa.

How bout go beat somebody worth a ____.

Quote Originally Posted by cajun4life View Post

Given the home attendance dropoff and the amount of $$ school has to be losing with home games, particularly guarantee games like Eastern Kentucky, I will be curious if program is asked to play more $$ road games.

Coaches hate them for a variety of reasons, but less than 2k fans/game cannot be accepted.

Last two home games have been around 2400. We should be averaging double that. Hopefully with a little run more fans will start showing up. People said the same thing last year about how fun the teams are to watch. I promise if you go to a game you won’t leave disappointed. Every person that I have brought the last two years have been back multiple times. Whether or not people like the coach, the kids deserve then support.

I’m looking forward to being back in the Dome Thursday night.

Can't wait to be there Thursday Night

Quote Originally Posted by Million$Mullet View Post
    Last two home games have been around 2400. We should be averaging double that. Hopefully with a little run more fans will start showing up. People said the same thing last year about how fun the teams are to watch. I promise if you go to a game you won’t leave disappointed. Every person that I have brought the last two years have been back multiple times. Whether or not people like the coach, the kids deserve then support.
    Same goes for me.

This isn't a shock to the system. Our attendance has been dropping steadily and instead of address it, our fearless leaders buried their heads in the sand.

I was a 4 sport season ticket holder until I gave up on Big Fish. Football is presenting its own challenge now. Unless our administration adresses the issues, we will fall further behind our peers.

I fully realize attendance is a problem across the country, but we can get more fans IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunSID View Post
    Given the home attendance dropoff and the amount of $$ school has to be losing with home games, particularly guarantee games like Eastern Kentucky, I will be curious if program is asked to play more $$ road games.

Coaches hate them for a variety of reasons, but less than 2k fans/game cannot be accepted.
    Next year will have likely have less road games. That is due to all the road games we played this year as part of home and home deals. I know they are looking to play in another MTE at a neutral site which allows you to play more games than the normal 29. Now the remaining road games may need to be games in which we get paid for budget purposes. Those often don't come together until the summer.

Quote Originally Posted by anhil8tor View Post
    This isn't a shock to the system. Our attendance has been dropping steadily and instead of address it, our fearless leaders buried their heads in the sand.

I was a 4 sport season ticket holder until I gave up on Big Fish. Football is presenting its own challenge now. Unless our administration adresses the issues, we will fall further behind our peers.

I fully realize attendance is a problem across the country, but we can get more fans IMO.
    Have you been to any games since you dropped your basketball season tickets. It is easy to get to any individual game with such a large arena. I can't promise how any game will go. I can say the great majority of people who have been to home games the last two years have appreciated what they see on the court.

Quote Originally Posted by Million$Mullet View Post
    The problem is people have quit on the HC. It will not change rapidly until there is a new face to lead the program. Or the success we had last season is sustained and built upon. But this is the first time that we appear to have sustained any sort of success.

Not to mention, we are a basketball school and people don’t buy into the wins just for the sake of wins. We literally schedule the bottom 1/3 of D1 basketball and fill the rest with NAIA/D2/D3 programs. Fans aren’t interested in that.

Get better schedules, have a staff that is out in public with the blue color fans, post season success and quit making excuses. Take ownership of failures, own it and get better. Don’t make excuses that no one buys into.

I want the program to be Uber successful, I just don’t have faith in the admin or the staff.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread Information