Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6

Thread: Marlin Encourages Everyone to Support Louisiana Basketball

1. Default Re: Marlin Encourages Everyone to Support Louisiana Basketball

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Malkinson View Post
    ... Just pointing out the fact Wade's average is significantly higher than when he wasn't there.
    A real life example of the coach making a difference in fan excitement.

Not that this school should need an example, since seeing the excitement pendulum swing from Bustle to Hud and not sustaining the excitement level even with Napier winning big.

Default Re: Marlin's plea to support his red-hot squad

Quote Originally Posted by cajun4life View Post
    I understand that 11-8 is pretty average. However, this team can make runs when they shoot well.

If they shoot it well 3 games in March he can repeat.
    I'm not worried about the 3 ball as much as I'm concerned about defense, especially down the stretch and rebounding. We've literally lost games this year because of those even while shooting better than the other team.

3. Default Re: Marlin's plea to support his red-hot squad

Quote Originally Posted by zephyr View Post
    I'm not worried about the 3 ball as much as I'm concerned about defense, especially down the stretch and rebounding. We've literally lost games this year because of those even while shooting better than the other team.
    These seem to be two areas they are improving in. Defense and rebounding well will always give you a chance to win.

4. Default Re: Marlin's plea to support his red-hot squad

Quote Originally Posted by cajun4life View Post
    It’s the concept of the coach actually trying to integrate into the community. Not just the people who are in the rebounders club. Marlin doesn’t seem to do that very well.

Hudspeth and Jessie Evan’s were always out and about and actually engaged people almost on the daily.
    I liked everything about Jesse including those players coming in after semester break to make immediate improvements to the team.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunEXPRESS View Post
    I liked everything about Jesse including those players coming in after semester break to make immediate improvements to the team.

It’s funny you mention that because everybody hated on Jessie for never being able to get kids eligible till after December. Even when he was winning. Just goes to show you that it doesn’t matter how a coach does things everyone will complain about something.

6. Default Re: Marlin's plea to support his red-hot squad

Quote Originally Posted by Million$Mullet View Post
    It’s funny you mention that because everybody hated on Jessie for never being able to get kids eligible till after December. Even when he was winning. Just goes to show you that it doesn’t matter how a coach does things everyone will complain about something.
    Most of that angst came when APR repercussions generally fell on Robert E. Lee's shoulders.

Its not so much that Jesse failed while he was here, its that the players he left behind were not best fits for future APR compliance.

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    Most of that angst came when APR repercussions generally fell on Robert E. Lee's shoulders.

Its not so much that Jesse failed while he was here, its that the players he left behind were not best fits for future APR compliance.
    The university provided minimal academic support back then. All of that changed under Hudspeth.

8. Default Re: Marlin's plea to support his red-hot squad

Quote Originally Posted by Million$Mullet View Post
    You notice that also?

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6

Thread Information