Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Charter Flight Benefit

Default Re: Charter Flight Benefit

Need a sugar daddy donor with a plane.

Quote Originally Posted by ZoomZoom View Post
    As been brought up on RP, flying was one of the keys to Gonzaga’s run over the last 20 years. It appears now, maybe due to NIL, the Zags, abet still ranked, aren’t what they’ve been.
    They aren't ranked

Quote Originally Posted by zephyr View Post
    They aren't ranked
    That would be correct. They fell out for the first time in over a decade.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunVic View Post
    A ____ load more
    Thats not a number.

Gonzaga, a small private university, used charter flights to their advantage. Now is it coincidence their slipping nationally is coinciding with the eruption of NIL? Paying players stupid money trumping other perks? Have donors become disenchanted with so close, yet no championship?

All their eggs are in the basketball basket, let’s just wait a year or two to see.

https://www.si.com/college/gonzaga/b...nta-clara-loss

Quote Originally Posted by ZoomZoom View Post
    Gonzaga, a small private university, used charter flights to their advantage. Now is it coincidence their slipping nationally is coinciding with the eruption of NIL? Paying players stupid money trumping other perks? Have donors become disenchanted with so close, yet no championship?

All their eggs are in the basketball basket, let’s just wait a year or two to see.

https://www.si.com/college/gonzaga/b...nta-clara-loss
    Doesn't Gonzaga still have a jet for basketball road trips?

7. Default Re: Charter Flight Benefit

Quote Originally Posted by LouisianaB View Post
    Thats not a number.
    i gave a relative number so with just a small modicum of analytics you could make a determination for yourself. I see this as nothing more than a means of the offering university differentiating itself in competition for athletes just like coaches, facilities, nutrition, living accommodations, etc.

8. Default Re: Charter Flight Benefit

Quote Originally Posted by LouisianaB View Post
    Thats not a number.
    Several variable to consider, but I'll give you a baseline to work from.

Assuming we'll fly out of LFT, let's use Mobile as a destination (which will be one of your cheaper options, considering where the regional airports are for other opponents.)

If we travel razor thin, keeping the travel part under 20 people (which would be almost impossible), you're looking at ~$27k with a turboprop round trip. That accounts for daily minimums, crew, and fuel surcharge.

The likely option for a traveling party between 20-35 would be a regional airliner (think Emraer ERJ 145 or Dornier 328), your cost is ~$40k for the same services.

Let's say we're chartering 10-12 times a year just for basketball (btw, does WBB get to charter too?) - we're likely adding $400k plus a year to the expense sheet.

Quote Originally Posted by ragin50 View Post
    Doesn't Gonzaga still have a jet for basketball road trips?
    Far as I know. That's kind of my point. It is a nice perk, but are 6 figure paydays with programs with a large NIL now hurting Gonzaga? They have the same perks and coach. NIL is the only thing that changed, harder to recruit. Always follow the money is my guess.

10. Default Re: Charter Flight Benefit

Don't ever forget that no matter what perks are offered for any venture, $$$$ makes the world go round.

How far have the Zags fallen? They got 6 votes this week. McNeese, for the second time in their history, received ONE vote. Not even an instate vote.

Basketball and baseball would need an ERJ. Football would be 737 or A320 minimum.

Quote Originally Posted by ManAboutTown View Post
    Several variable to consider, but I'll give you a baseline to work from.

Assuming we'll fly out of LFT, let's use Mobile as a destination (which will be one of your cheaper options, considering where the regional airports are for other opponents.)

If we travel razor thin, keeping the travel part under 20 people (which would be almost impossible), you're looking at ~$27k with a turboprop round trip. That accounts for daily minimums, crew, and fuel surcharge.

The likely option for a traveling party between 20-35 would be a regional airliner (think Emraer ERJ 145 or Dornier 328), your cost is ~$40k for the same services.

Let's say we're chartering 10-12 times a year just for basketball (btw, does WBB get to charter too?) - we're likely adding $400k plus a year to the expense sheet.
    I would think we would do it 4 to 5 times per year at most. Bus trips around 4 hours will never be chartered. Football goes by bus on some trips.

14. Default Re: Charter Flight Benefit

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunsmike View Post
    I would think we would do it 4 to 5 times per year at most. Bus trips around 4 hours will never be chartered. Football goes by bus on some trips.
    I went based off of non-con and travel over 4 hours plus postseason and MTE. And don't we leave the country once every 3 years? And what about WBB?

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread Information