Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Dept. of Justice joins states' suit against NCAA transfer rules

1. Default Re: Dept. of Justice joins states' suit against NCAA transfer rules

Quote Originally Posted by RougaWhite&Blue View Post
    so are academic scholarships worthless for the school too, if the student never competes against another school in order to give something back in return or are there ways to do so and other value received?

would Rudy not have given anything of value to notre dame had he not gotten in finally to that last game, or was his contribution what got him into the game
    Dumbfouned by your attempt to equalize the two.

One is for past performance in the classroom.

One is for future performance on the field.

Default Re: Dept. of Justice joins states' suit against NCAA transfer rules

Quote Originally Posted by CajunVic View Post
    You have proven here you don’t know much, so this post is par for,the course.
    I know more of the inner working of this department and university than you will ever know.

3. Default Re: Dept. of Justice joins states' suit against NCAA transfer rules

Quote Originally Posted by cajun4life View Post
    I know more of the inner working of this department and university than you will ever know.
    Check your ego at the door, buddy.

4. Default Re: Dept. of Justice joins states' suit against NCAA transfer rules

Quote Originally Posted by cajun4life View Post
    So you are a #knowitall. Must be an Abbeville thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    Dumbfouned by your attempt to equalize the two.

One is for past performance in the classroom.

One is for future performance on the field.
    I wasnt trying to equalize, i was telling you how your original description sounded. where are these descriptions of what they are for published

Quote Originally Posted by CajunVic View Post
    So you are a #knowitall. Must be an Abbeville thing.
    But dont most on here disagree with those inner workings, lol

7. Default Re: Dept. of Justice joins states' suit against NCAA transfer rules

so are academic scholarships worthless for the school too, if the student never competes against another school in order to give something back in return or are there ways to do so and other value received?

would Rudy not have given anything of value to notre dame had he not gotten in finally to that last game, or was his contribution what got him into the game
    Rudy was not on academic or athletic scholarship. I'm still dumbfounded

The current DOJ is a criminal outfit.

But he made contribution and gave something of value to the university wothout hitting the field checks notes: he had a room and board partial scholarship. (And movie didnt mention it, but he could have been on the g.i.bill which is also a type of scholarship)

The g.i. bill is only 3 years yet athletes can be on scholarship at least 6 years and possibly upwards of 8 under certain circumstances. shouldnt we treat our veterans better than athletes who may or may not "give something in return" to their universities

But he made contribution and gave something of value to the university wothout hitting the field checks notes: he had a room and board partial scholarship. (And movie didnt mention it, but he could have been on the g.i.bill which is also a type of scholarship)

The g.i. bill is only 3 years yet athletes can be on scholarship at least 6 years and possibly upwards of 8 under certain circumstances. shouldnt we treat our veterans better than athletes who may or may not "give something in return" to their universities
    GI Bill is 36 months. A semester is 4.5 months long. So it will cover 8 semesters.

But your point remains true. 5-6 years of getting paid for an education is a gift most of these athletes won’t understand.

11. UL Football Re: Dept. of Justice joins states' suit against NCAA transfer rules

It’s like a symbiotic relationship. The athletes NIL is worthless without the school, and the schools value increases with the quality of the player.

So player A NIL value skyrockets when he goes from UL to LSU. Same player, same skillset. Richer clients supporting the LSU collective. The contract can absolutely be the player advertising in a UL uniform only, or anywhere he’s playing.

I don’t understand how they can’t fashion a contract that has a do not compete clause in it.

NIL could not have worked out better for the NCAA, the universities or outfits like the TV networks. At least so far.

Instead of them sharing some of the cash that they are making off of these athletes, they made the freaking fans pay them! It’s actually pretty brilliant.

13. Default Re: Dept. of Justice joins states' suit against NCAA transfer rules

Quote Originally Posted by CajunEXPRESS View Post
    It’s like a symbiotic relationship. The athletes NIL is worthless without the school, and the schools value increases with the quality of the player.

So player A NIL value skyrockets when he goes from UL to LSU. Same player, same skillset. Richer clients supporting the LSU collective. The contract can absolutely be the player advertising in a UL uniform only, or anywhere he’s playing.

I don’t understand how they can’t fashion a contract that has a do not compete clause in it.
    A non compete coupled with NIL could be determined by the courts to be pay to play as the only place that athlete could play is where he is getting that NIL.

Quote Originally Posted by RaginScotsman View Post
    they made the freaking fans pay them! It’s actually pretty brilliant.
    Kind of reminds me of american idolrecord companies used to have to scout and scour clubs and small venues (at a cost) now they can make money off of the search
    However, the fine print most new music NOW SUCKS, so they make more money in the short term but will it last in long term, same q now for college sports

I think he was on GI scholarship from being in Vietnam

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information