Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: New Russo Park Field Turf

1. Default Re: New Russo Park Field Turf

Quote Originally Posted by ragin50 View Post
    Is the mound turf too? If so, doesn't seem like the pitchers would like pitching off of it.
    Rest assured that the players we have coming in now have way more pitches than you would imagine from an artificial turf mound. My boys are 22 and 25 and they are of the age where probably over 60% of their mound time was from an artificial turf mound. High schools and travel ball complexes have been going to these because there is no mound maintenance and they can continue games for a much longer time period when the weather does not cooperate. So, we will be fine. And I’d there is a slight issue, because we will be practicing from that type of mound, it may even create a slight home field advantage.

Default Re: New Russo Park Field Turf

Quote Originally Posted by CajunVic View Post
    Rest assured that the players we have coming in now have way more pitches than you would imagine from an artificial turf mound. My boys are 22 and 25 and they are of the age where probably over 60% of their mound time was from an artificial turf mound. High schools and travel ball complexes have been going to these because there is no mound maintenance and they can continue games for a much longer time period when the weather does not cooperate. So, we will be fine. And I’d there is a slight issue, because we will be practicing from that type of mound, it may even create a slight home field advantage.
    I was always a catcher growing up so wouldnt really know but do your boys have any issues going back and forth from dirt to turf or is pretty easy adjustment?

3. Default Re: New Russo Park Field Turf

Quote Originally Posted by CajunJack55 View Post
    I was always a catcher growing up so wouldnt really know but do your boys have any issues going back and forth from dirt to turf or is pretty easy adjustment?
    They no longer play but they did not.

Default Re: New Russo Park Field Turf

As a reliever in JUCO my son LOVED turf mounds! He didn’t have to worry about other pitchers stride length and could count on a stable, consistent surface.

Also, pitchers don’t have to do mound rebuilds between double headers and postgame.

5. Default Re: New Russo Park Field Turf

Little known info.

The water hose was located under the dirt pitchers mound

6. Default Re: New Russo Park Field Turf

Quote Originally Posted by HOUCajun View Post
    As a reliever in JUCO my son LOVED turf mounds! He didn’t have to worry about other pitchers stride length and could count on a stable, consistent surface.

Also, pitchers don’t have to do mound rebuilds between double headers and postgame.
    Some pitchers have been so aggressive on the mound it almost took a mound rebuild after every inning, which does not happen and had to be pitched through. That is no longer a worry.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread Information