Thread: Softball Status 2 weeks into Practice

UL Softball Softball Status 2 weeks into Practice

There was a nice article in the Advocate yesterday about Softball pre-season practice.

In a nutshell:

We are 2 deep with quality players at every defensive position.
    Freshman walk-on Dayzja Williams has been impressive, Glasco compares her to Mihyia Davis.

Samantha Graeter is having a great pre-season at the plate.

In the circle, Sam Ryan has been outstanding; Lexie Delbrey is near 100% recovered and will be a key part of the staff; Sam Landry and Chloe Riassetto are both on schedule and Denali Loecker is looking good as well.

Default Re: Softball Status 2 weeks into Practice

Saw Dayzja on the early roster and figured she was a walk-on and pretty talented if she was able to do so.

Getting geeked for diamond sports.

UL Softball Re: Softball Status 2 weeks into Practice

Quote Originally Posted by Cajun Monkee View Post
    Saw Dayzja on the early roster and figured she was a walk-on and pretty talented if she was able to do so.

Getting geeked for diamond sports.
    She was All State at Alexandria Senior High School right up I49. Dayzja is FAST. She can really put down a bunt. She will be an asset to this team. But, where will she play? Mihyia is an All American and also a very hard worker. Gerry did not sub Mihyia any last year. I don't see him putting Dayzja in her place in Center Field at all.
    The whole team is two deep. Sometimes, three deep. This is by far, the deepest roster ever. AND, they are all talented. Every player can play multiple positions. They are all Valuable to the team. There are 21 Solid softball players who want to win. It is going to be entertaining to watch at Lamson Park in 2024.

She will run for the catcher

Quote Originally Posted by Looney Lou View Post
    She was All State at Alexandria Senior High School right up I49. Dayzja is FAST. She can really put down a bunt. She will be an asset to this team. But, where will she play? Mihyia is an All American and also a very hard worker. Gerry did not sub Mihyia any last year. I don't see him putting Dayzja in her place in Center Field at all.
    The whole team is two deep. Sometimes, three deep. This is by far, the deepest roster ever. AND, they are all talented. Every player can play multiple positions. They are all Valuable to the team. There are 21 Solid softball players who want to win. It is going to be entertaining to watch at Lamson Park in 2024.
    Cant' wait!

If Mihyia and Dayzja can get on base enough, I think combined, they can steal 100 bases. That would be incredible.

Quote Originally Posted by roarman View Post
    If Mihyia and Dayzja can get on base enough, I think combined, they can steal 100 bases. That would be incredible.
    That would be awesome. Looking forward to hearing your Softball Podcasts again soon!

Thread Information