Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: California leads the way

Default California leads the way

To youth tackle football ban. I figured they would

https://www.latimes.com/california/s...-assembly-vote

Default Re: California leads the way

I don’t agree with the ban, but also don’t think tackle football under 12 is necessary for a kid to be good at football.

Quote Originally Posted by HelmutVII View Post

Tackle football under age 12, particularly in recreation leagues, is both unnecessary and unnecessarily dangerous; the lack of competent coaches who teach proper technique puts kids at a very high risk of serious injury because of ingrained improper techniques as they [and their competition] advance in speed and strength.

I disagree with the ban, but I did not allow my son to play recreation league football.

Karens.....way too many Karens.

5. Default Re: California leads the way

In order for one to be a leader, there must be followers. Not much coming out of California is ever followed, therefore I would,be hesitant to call California a LEADER at anything.

6. Default Re: California leads the way

Quote Originally Posted by CajunVic View Post
    In order for one to be a leader, there must be followers. Not much coming out of California is ever followed, therefore I would,be hesitant to call California a LEADER at anything.
    The sheer size of California has dictated for decades how Detroit builds cars.

Lead doesn't automatically mean emotional follower.

Manufacturers often spend money to change their entire lineup to conform to California simply because it's cheaper than two assembly lines.

The problem is many of the youth coaches don't teach proper tackling. It's all about making a big hit. I saw videos of kids around 8-9 doing Oklahoma drills diving headfirst at each other.

8. Default Re: California leads the way

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Malkinson View Post
    The problem is many of the youth coaches don't teach proper tackling. It's all about making a big hit. I saw videos of kids around 8-9 doing Oklahoma drills diving headfirst at each other.
    Scary

If tackle football is banned at that age will 7th or 8th graders still be able to receive offers, without having been recruited in person that is

Quote Originally Posted by HelmutVII View Post

The ban is ridiculous. At that age, I'd love to see the concussion numbers and negative affects on kids. They are so small and moving so slow I just can't imagine that concussions are a huge part of the game there.

Quote Originally Posted by VObserver View Post
    Tackle football under age 12, particularly in recreation leagues, is both unnecessary and unnecessarily dangerous; the lack of competent coaches who teach proper technique puts kids at a very high risk of serious injury because of ingrained improper techniques as they [and their competition] advance in speed and strength.

I disagree with the ban, but I did not allow my son to play recreation league football.
    BS

13. Default Re: California leads the way

Quote Originally Posted by zephyr View Post
    The ban is ridiculous. At that age, I'd love to see the concussion numbers and negative affects on kids. They are so small and moving so slow I just can't imagine that concussions are a huge part of the game there.
    I'm pretty sure I had two undiagnosed concussions in the fifth grade and rode the short bus to start the sixth.

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    I'm pretty sure I had two undiagnosed concussions in the fifth grade and rode the short bus to start the sixth.
    From playing football?

Quote Originally Posted by zephyr View Post
    Neck Injury is probably more of a risk than concussion. Damage to that area of the body is scary

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information