Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Alabama Can't Hold on to Trey Amos

Default Re: Alabama Can't Hold on to Trey Amos

Quote Originally Posted by CajunNation View Post
    My bad. I didn't realize he had that much production this season.
    He had a really good year. Largely may have gone unnoticed media-wise with TCU having an extremely disappointing season after last year, but I'm sure the same scouts who would have taken notice of him had he stayed here and been able to run for 1500 still ended up taking notice of someone who averaged over 100 yards rushing vs. his 10 P5 opponents and scored 8 TDs in those games.

My bad. I didn't realize he had that much production this season.
    Bailey was easily TCU’s best player on either side of the ball.

3. Default Re: Alabama Can't Hold on to Trey Amos

Bailey made the right move.

This NIL stuff will collapse one day. Pete Jenkins was on the radio the other day. Spoke of a reserve player at TSAB DEMANDING more money or he was going to portal out. Ironically, said conversation…so much for program/NIL separation.

You're right. There are better cases to be made than Amos', particularly Bailey.

That guy had NFL written all over him, and now he is out of sight, out of mind. He might still get drafted, but leaving UL probably cost him way more in lost draft slot than any NIL he may have gotten since then.
    Bailey had 1200 yards and 8 TD's this year....

6. Default Re: Alabama Can't Hold on to Trey Amos

Quote Originally Posted by CajunVic View Post
    Bailey made the right move.
    Early cash was his "right move" everthing else he still accomplishes at Louisiana and joins Elijah Mitchell as an NFL running back.

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunrunner View Post
    Yeah...I don't think Bailey hurt himself anyway. That would be a bad example, in my unprofessional opinion.

Bailey rushed for over 1200 yards this past season in 12 games for a P5 program, including five 100 yard rushing games vs. P5 opponents. He got plenty of looks from NFL scouts to determine if his draftable or not.
    He did have a good year this season, however last season was less than good with less than three carries per game. His move did not result in immediate playing time ... he had to 'work while he waited'. This is why I think he is a better example than Amos. Amos played quite a bit behind some very talented players this season.

I believe the two major reasons players look to leave a program these days is playing time and money. Just because you are getting money, doesn't guarantee you immediate playing time.

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    Early cash was his "right move" everthing else he still accomplishes at Louisiana and joins Elijah Mitchell as an NFL running back.
    Transferring to TCU to play with his brother like his momma wanted was his move, which Is also why he would have been welcomed back to the team after that first year when he didn’t play. They are from Denton.

Quote Originally Posted by facelessjonmoon View Post
    Amos played behind 2 1st round CBs this season and was in line to be CB1 for Alabama next season- not sure why he’s leaving. It’s not because he wasn’t good enough.

He played the most reps behind Koolaid Mckinstry and Terrion Arnold

I wouldn’t be surprised at all if he ends up in BR. They are extremely thin at CB
    I've seen or heard nothing that suggest he was the air apparent to Kool Aid McKinstry or Terrion Arnold. I watched 6 Alabama games this season and he was the 4th DB at times, playing a lot of slot and special teams. I'm sure he could help some programs, but he is not in the same breath with either one of the two mentioned above as an NFL prospect.

Word on the street is that Ole Miss is dropping serious cash in the portal this cycle to go all in for next season….. there’s blood in the water over Alabama’s transfers

Quote Originally Posted by zephyr View Post
    Bailey had 1200 yards and 8 TD's this year....
    Those are serious numbers.

Quote Originally Posted by facelessjonmoon View Post
    Word on the street is that Ole Miss is dropping serious cash in the portal this cycle
    Makes sense. If there's a window for Ole Miss to do anything in the SECW, it's now.

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    Dude got paid to go home and play with his brother at a higher profile school. No brainer.

14. Default Re: Alabama Can't Hold on to Trey Amos

Quote Originally Posted by CharlieK View Post
    Dude got paid to go home and play with his brother at a higher profile school. No brainer.
    Home, +
    Brother, +
    Paid, +

Higher profile school, isn't doing him any long term favors. Anything he accomplishes there, he accomplishes at Louisiana as far as making it to the NFL is concerned.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunVic View Post
    Man we have the thinnest skin in the world. Why does every analysis have to be twisted into a knock on Louisiana? Insecurity may be our biggest enemy.
    Negative. That would be Ball Security in the RZ, better yet, DZ

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread Information