Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Alabama Can't Hold on to Trey Amos

Default Re: Alabama Can't Hold on to Trey Amos

A. I thought portal was closed
    B. If one returns to original school does it count as two transfers or do they cancel each other out?

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    Tangent aside, I think Louisiana wins one or two more games with Trey Amos on the roster.
    I think you are right his position was definitely a liability at times.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunT View Post
    Yes, and he was a role player. Did he improve his stock as a NFL prospect by playing at Alabama rather than staying at UL as a starter? I don't think so in my opinion. As a role player with 1 year left of eligibility, what are his chances of remaining in the P5? His best opportunity will probably be playing at a G5 again and trying to gain a starting position.
    Draft stock, maybe. Actually making an NFL team? I doubt it. He got better coaching, and a dose of reality that will either point him to improve or he will never make a pro team.

bama players have 30 days to enter portal due to Saban resignation. Bama DB coach also took position at new school which factored into Amos' decision to portal out.

Quote Originally Posted by RougaWhite&Blue View Post
    A. I thought portal was closed
    B. If one returns to original school does it count as two transfers or do they cancel each other out?
    With a head coach change, the portal opens back up....least that's what I think I read somewhere!

Any intel on whether Fitzgerald West DL is committing to UL? He portaled out from LSU former LCA star.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunNation View Post
    I hope we are using instances like this to re-recruit our guys to stay.
    Not sure this is a good example. Would guess he went there to play for Saban (he is the premier DB coach in football). Saban isn't there any longer, so why stay, especially if he can get paid AGAIN to go play somewhere else?

I think there are better examples of kids that have left and didn't benefit from the move than Amos. Specifically Errol Rogers is the first that comes to mind, but he wasn't the impact player that Amos was.

I think Emani Bailey was hurt the most, as he would've been the #1 back at UL versus what he has done at TCU. However, I think Bailey's decision was driven a lot by getting back close to family and playing with his brother. It just happened that TCU didn't offer him out of HS or we would've never gotten him.

Quote Originally Posted by Rainman66 View Post
    Not sure this is a good example. Would guess he went there to play for Saban (he is the premier DB coach in football). Saban isn't there any longer, so why stay, especially if he can get paid AGAIN to go play somewhere else?

I think there are better examples of kids that have left and didn't benefit from the move than Amos. Specifically Errol Rogers is the first that comes to mind, but he wasn't the impact player that Amos was.

I think Emani Bailey was hurt the most, as he would've been the #1 back at UL versus what he has done at TCU. However, I think Bailey's decision was driven a lot by getting back close to family and playing with his brother. It just happened that TCU didn't offer him out of HS or we would've never gotten him.
    You're right. There are better cases to be made than Amos', particularly Bailey.

That guy had NFL written all over him, and now he is out of sight, out of mind. He might still get drafted, but leaving UL probably cost him way more in lost draft slot than any NIL he may have gotten since then.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunNation View Post
    You're right. There are better cases to be made than Amos', particularly Bailey.

That guy had NFL written all over him, and now he is out of sight, out of mind. He might still get drafted, but leaving UL probably cost him way more in lost draft slot than any NIL he may have gotten since then.
    Agreed, but I don't think Bailey was just chasing $$$$. Plus the play of our OL two years ago would've been a challenge for any RB to really shine, even one as good as Bailey.

Quote Originally Posted by ecajuns View Post
    bama players have 30 days to enter portal due to Saban resignation. Bama DB coach also took position at new school which factored into Amos' decision to portal out.
    Wow... what a loophole...
    But wouldnt they still have to attend school at the old school for this semester? If semester already started? So no spring ball?

Quote Originally Posted by HOUCajun View Post
    Amos was ok for us. Was he our best DB? I don’t think so but I’m sure he would have helped us this year.

I will predict he ends up at UH.
    Amos played behind 2 1st round CBs this season and was in line to be CB1 for Alabama next season- not sure why he’s leaving. It’s not because he wasn’t good enough.

He played the most reps behind Koolaid Mckinstry and Terrion Arnold

I wouldn’t be surprised at all if he ends up in BR. They are extremely thin at CB

Quote Originally Posted by SlickRick View Post
    With a head coach change, the portal opens back up....least that's what I think I read somewhere!
    I bet it takes less than a week for the p5 to figure out how to abuse this rule

Quote Originally Posted by Rainman66 View Post
    Agreed, but I don't think Bailey was just chasing $$$$. Plus the play of our OL two years ago would've been a challenge for any RB to really shine, even one as good as Bailey.
    Yeah...I don't think Bailey hurt himself anyway. That would be a bad example, in my unprofessional opinion.

Bailey rushed for over 1200 yards this past season in 12 games for a P5 program, including five 100 yard rushing games vs. P5 opponents. He got plenty of looks from NFL scouts to determine if his draftable or not.

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunrunner View Post
    Yeah...I don't think Bailey hurt himself anyway. That would be a bad example, in my unprofessional opinion.

Bailey rushed for over 1200 yards this past season in 12 games for a P5 program, including five 100 yard rushing games vs. P5 opponents. He got plenty of looks from NFL scouts to determine if his draftable or not.
    My bad. I didn't realize he had that much production this season.

Quote Originally Posted by facelessjonmoon View Post
    Amos played behind 2 1st round CBs this season and was in line to be CB1 for Alabama next season- not sure why he’s leaving. It’s not because he wasn’t good enough.

He played the most reps behind Koolaid Mckinstry and Terrion Arnold

I wouldn’t be surprised at all if he ends up in BR. They are extremely thin at CB
    Seems like a NIL motivated decision. SEC elite has proven they will pay substantial $$$ to gain other teams SEC projected starters.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread Information