Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Alabama Can't Hold on to Trey Amos

1. UL Football Alabama Can't Hold on to Trey Amos

Alabama football is losing a big secondary piece in the transfer portal. Cornerback Trey Amos told On3 Sports on Monday that he plans on entering, later sharing the news to his social media.

Default Re: Alabama Can't Hold on to Trey Amos

Shocker another corner transfers from us and their draft stock plummets

Should have stayed here.

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunrunner View Post
    Should have stayed here.
    Not sure. He got to play a couple of seasons for the top coach in college football history, and in some of the biggest games of the last few years. The alternative was play in front of nobody in two losing seasons. He has one more year to solidify any draft opportunities he may have.

I wish he would have stayed here, though.

Quote Originally Posted by CharlieK View Post
    Not sure. He got to play a couple of seasons for the top coach in college football history, and in some of the biggest games of the last few years. The alternative was play in front of nobody in two losing seasons. He has one more year to solidify any draft opportunities he may have.

Well, I take it as he has one more year and the opportunity to get a raise (nil) before he goes to the nfl and takes a pay cut.

6. Default Re: Alabama Can't Hold on to Trey Amos

The alternative was play in front of nobody in two losing seasons.
    I doubt you are saying what it sounds like you are saying, so I'll ask.

You don't think he could have helped win a single game?

He played 1 season there fwiw

He played one season, started only one game, appearing in twelve. He logged a grand total of 12 tackles (6 solo) and 5 pass breakups.

Look, the kid bet on himself thinking he could start or be a significant part of the Saban defense to boost draft possibilities, but unfortunately for him, it didn't work out. Hindsight is 20/20, but looking back on it now, he probably should have stayed.

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    I doubt you are saying what it sounds like you are saying, so I'll ask.

You don't think he could have helped win a single game?
    Your semantics don’t change anything of importance in my statement.

The point you obtusely miss is the kid took a chance on himself, got to play for the greatest coach ever and in front of huge crowds for the biggest stakes.

Did he hurt his chances to make an NFL team? I seriously doubt it. He was coached by a superior position coach and coordinator there. Now he has a season to create his draft desirability.

10. Default Re: Alabama Can't Hold on to Trey Amos

The point you obtusely miss is the kid took a chance on himself, got to play for the greatest coach ever and in front of huge crowds for the biggest stakes.

Did he hurt his chances to make an NFL team? I seriously doubt it. He was coached by a superior position coach and coordinator there. Now he has a season to create his draft desirability.
    Exactly. If you can play, the NFL will find you. He got paid to play and had a chance to win a national championship. He'll probably end up at Tulane and play in another NY6 bowl.

11. Default Re: Alabama Can't Hold on to Trey Amos

No need to knock Louisiana in your two annual assessments.

If he helps win a single game "1" (each) he would not have played for a losing team.

If he helps win a single game "1" (each) he would not have played for a losing team.

Anyway.

Yes, and he was a role player. Did he improve his stock as a NFL prospect by playing at Alabama rather than staying at UL as a starter? I don't think so in my opinion. As a role player with 1 year left of eligibility, what are his chances of remaining in the P5? His best opportunity will probably be playing at a G5 again and trying to gain a starting position.

14. Default Re: Alabama Can't Hold on to Trey Amos

Man we have the thinnest skin in the world. Why does every analysis have to be twisted into a knock on Louisiana? Insecurity may be our biggest enemy.

15. Default Re: Alabama Can't Hold on to Trey Amos

Quote Originally Posted by CajunVic View Post
    Man we have the thinnest skin in the world. Why does every analysis have to be twisted into a knock on Louisiana? Insecurity may be our biggest enemy.
    Its all about equations.

Since you have an accountung degree.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread Information