Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Alabama Can't Hold on to Trey Amos

1. Default Re: Alabama Can't Hold on to Trey Amos

If the college he plays for can’t find him, it is already a long shot that any NFL team will want him. Some slip through the cracks at the college level then make it in the NFL but that is more than often the exception as opposed to the rule and an exception which is rather rare.

Default Re: Alabama Can't Hold on to Trey Amos

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunrunner View Post
    He played one season, started only one game, appearing in twelve. He logged a grand total of 12 tackles (6 solo) and 5 pass breakups.

Look, the kid bet on himself thinking he could start or be a significant part of the Saban defense to boost draft possibilities, but unfortunately for him, it didn't work out. Hindsight is 20/20, but looking back on it now, he probably should have stayed.
    I hope we are using instances like this to re-recruit our guys to stay.

3. Default Re: Alabama Can't Hold on to Trey Amos

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    Its all about equations.

Since you have an accountung degree.
    You definitely have a misnomer here. Very few equations in accounting. Accounting is generally simple math.

4. Default Re: Alabama Can't Hold on to Trey Amos

Quote Originally Posted by CajunVic View Post
    You definitely have a misnomer here. Very few equations in accounting. Accounting is generally simple math.
    Fair enough but equations are connected by the equal sign and by hypothetically adding him back and saying he would automatically experience losing is poor math, simply because it ignores his contribution to the equation.

5. Default Re: Alabama Can't Hold on to Trey Amos

There is no longer any simple path from high school to the NFL these days anyhow there is an advisor on every corner.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunNation View Post
    I hope we are using instances like this to re-recruit our guys to stay.
    Maybe, but can't really fault an athlete who wants to try and be a starter at a program like Alabama.

7. Default Re: Alabama Can't Hold on to Trey Amos

There is no longer any simple path from high school to the NFL these days anyhow there is an advisor on every corner.
    Tangent aside, I think Louisiana wins one or two more games with Trey Amos on the roster.

8. Default Re: Alabama Can't Hold on to Trey Amos

Tangent aside, I think Louisiana wins one or two more games with Trey Amos on the roster.
    That may be a sleeting thought on a day like today . . .

He played one season, started only one game, appearing in twelve. He logged a grand total of 12 tackles (6 solo) and 5 pass breakups.

Look, the kid bet on himself thinking he could start or be a significant part of the Saban defense to boost draft possibilities, but unfortunately for him, it didn't work out. Hindsight is 20/20, but looking back on it now, he probably should have stayed.
    Thanks for providing what actually was rather than going with some of the revisionist narrative provided a misread

Trey ain’t gonna end up in a better place than Alabama.

So is it gonna be t
    Tulane or Nichols?

Maybe, but can't really fault an athlete who wants to try and be a starter at a program like Alabama.
    Well, in the age of NIL, we are told that we can't fault guys looking to make more money as well. Previous poster mentioned his possible draft status being hurt by leaving here and NOT being able to start for Alabama.

NIL/Portal chasing is a HUGE gamble for the already elite, highly respected players. If they have been told they have a good draft eval, their best bet is to stay where they are.

11. Default Re: Alabama Can't Hold on to Trey Amos

Quote Originally Posted by CajunNation View Post
    Well, in the age of NIL, we are told that we can't fault guys looking to make more money as well. Previous poster mentioned his possible draft status being hurt by leaving here and NOT being able to start for Alabama.

NIL/Portal chasing is a HUGE gamble for the already elite, highly respected players. If they have been told they have a good draft eval, their best bet is to stay where they are.
    Says who?

12. Default Re: Alabama Can't Hold on to Trey Amos

Says who?
    Are you lost CajunNation said that.

Amos would have been the magical 4th pick six needed to beat JSU. ;-)

14. Default Re: Alabama Can't Hold on to Trey Amos

Quote Originally Posted by Policarp View Post
    Amos would have been the magical 4th pick six needed to beat JSU. ;-)
    LOL

Thats the game.

Amos was ok for us. Was he our best DB? I don’t think so but I’m sure he would have helped us this year.

I will predict he ends up at UH.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread Information