Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Portal

1. Default Re: Portal

And we got Napier poached a number of who would be Seniors this year.

Default Re: Portal

Quote Originally Posted by RaginCajun77 View Post
    I am probably wrong on this, but it was my understanding that the transfer portal was a one time thing and after that you could do it but would lose a year of eligibility. Is Amos giving up a year to transfer again?

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunmac View Post
    I am probably wrong on this, but it was my understanding that the transfer portal was a one time thing and after that you could do it but would lose a year of eligibility. Is Amos giving up a year to transfer again?
    You don’t lose a year on your first 2 transfers. He may also be a grad transfer and be eligible.

Quote Originally Posted by cajun4life View Post
    You don’t lose a year on your first 2 transfers. He may also be a grad transfer and be eligible.
    Ridiculous

Quote Originally Posted by Million$Mullet View Post
    Ridiculous
    That’s my understanding. I could be wrong.

The transfer rules should be:

1. Transfer due to coaching change=eligible

2. First transfer=must sit out a year, no loss of eligibility.

3. Graduate transfer=eligible

4. 2nd transfer=sit out a year and lose that year of eligibility, unless it’s a result of a HC change.

The rule was you only get one free transfer unless you are a grad transfer. Perhaps there was an exception if your head coach moved on. Not sure about that. There is a court case now challenging the one time rue. Temporary decision was you can transfer as often as you like with no penalty. My understanding is that the final decision is yet to be determined.

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunsmike View Post
    The rule was you only get one free transfer unless you are a grad transfer. Perhaps there was an exception if your head coach moved on. Not sure about that. There is a court case now challenging the one time rue. Temporary decision was you can transfer as often as you like with no penalty. My understanding is that the final decision is yet to be determined.
    The temporary rule is still in place. But you cannot transfer outside the 2 Windows unless you are a graduate student, or a head coach leaves for another program.

It is UNLIMITED undergrad transfers now......per court ruling a few months ago....that ended the 2nd D1 transfer requiring a year ineligible.

It applied to Fulks in basketball last summer.
    He started at D1 SC State so next D1 would have been D1 transfer #2......since legal action in fall anyone can now transfer at will an unlimited # during portal window rules

Seems a retirement shouldnt count to trigger the open window. Seems ripe for coordination amd "convincing" coach to retire or if later we find out they are staying on as an analyst/sr advisor yet they got the window anyway

10. Default Re: Portal

Seems like the only constraints on tranfering at will these days is finding someone to take you and also when the window is open to announce.

Even that has loopholes .

It is amazing their academic credits transfer at such a higher rate than the regular student

Quote Originally Posted by RougaWhite&Blue View Post
    It is amazing their academic credits transfer at such a higher rate than the regular student
    We are in no place to judge when half our athletes take online courses from other universities to remain eligible…well at least one program does.

13. Default Re: Portal

Quote Originally Posted by ManAboutTown View Post
    I’ve decided to ignore the guy indefinitely. One of my goals this year is to limit unnecessary exchanges with irrelevant people.
    Indefinitely surely had a very short shelf life.

We are in no place to judge when half our athletes take online courses from other universities to remain eligible…well at least one program does.
    Being technically savy is what employers look for, maybe online courses are harder? But the key word was transfer.... it takes 30 hours in residence to graduate from most places, ergo anyone with only one semester left should automatically be ineligible if they transfer as they cant meet 30 hours in residence during that final season/semester and thuse are not on pace to graduate

Quote Originally Posted by CajunVic View Post
    But isn’t that one of the coaches mentioned as the type of coach we would have wanted instead of CMD. By the way, CMD has beat this guy twice.
    They played twice last year ?

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread Information