Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Venue that Surprised You Most?

Default Re: Venue that Surprised You Most?

Went to see Sublime with Rome and 311 at L’Auberge Lake Charles back in 2011. Add the pool party and it was a blast.

House of Blues in NOLA is also fun.

Quote Originally Posted by ManAboutTown View Post
    Tipitina’s is in my top 5 as well.
    New addition to the fold would be the Seville Quarter in Pensacola. Wife and I found it last summer and loved it.
    Seriously, Seville is an awesome place. It reminds me of a New Orleans version of graham central station with all the different kinds of bars within the one building. The piano bar is awesome as is the courtyard stage. We went there every night for the basketball tournament last year. Listened to some really good music.

Grant Street...

Quote Originally Posted by CajunVic View Post
    For the Worlds Fair, we trecked from BR to NO every Wednesday to see the Neville Brothers, Live at Tipitina’s
    It’s been too long since I’ve been to Tipitina’s. Need to remedy that. Saw Dinosaur Jr. and Band of Horses there in college.

Chelsea’s Live in BR has sorta taken the place of the Varsity in the last couple years for best venue in BR. So far I’ve been to Crowbar, Melvins, Godspeed You! Black Emperor, and a couple country shows. Great little spot.

Quote Originally Posted by ULvictory View Post
    Went to see Sublime with Rome and 311 at L’Auberge Lake Charles back in 2011. Add the pool party and it was a blast.

House of Blues in NOLA is also fun.
    Got free tickets to Florence Welch at HOB Nola. Still gives me chills how good she was.

Not a huge country fan but the opry was an amazing exp.

Grant Street. I didn't travel far for music.

7. Default Re: Venue that Surprised You Most?

Quote Originally Posted by CajunNation View Post
    The basement at Bisbano's never failed to deliver an awesome music experience. Although, it might have been due to countless pitchers of beer.
    Agreed. If I had a ton of disposable income I would reopen it. The other for me is McAllister auditorium on Tulanes campus. Saw Siouxsie and the Banshees there in 1984

8. Default Re: Venue that Surprised You Most?

Quote Originally Posted by Million$Mullet View Post
    Seriously, Seville is an awesome place. It reminds me of a New Orleans version of graham central station with all the different kinds of bars within the one building. The piano bar is awesome as is the courtyard stage. We went there every night for the basketball tournament last year. Listened to some really good music.
    I’ve been going to Seville quarter for almost 30 years.

Griffiss Air Force Base in Upstate New York

It was an odd venue for sure, but I couldn’t comprehend the amount of people that would attend. In retrospect, it did make sense, but I didn’t expect to get blistered by the Sun in late July at Woodstock’99. Who would have thought they would have set up the stages on the tarmac 1.5 miles apart? But they did and as miserable as it was, it was well worth it. So much awesome music jammed within a weekend. Memories, visuals, and experiences that will remain with me for a lifetime.

10. Default Re: Venue that Surprised You Most?

Quote Originally Posted by Million$Mullet View Post
    Angelle hall for sure
    First exposure to Angelle Hall was as a ten year old. It wasn't music, though it did resonate.

It was a video documentary on women giving birth.

Thanks mom, pregnant women are sexy. Help

Quote Originally Posted by fanof71 View Post
    Grant Street...
    Saw BB King there. Was the last of my bucket list of guitarists.

I know it’s at TSAB, but the PMac has awesome acoustics. It is also a great example of ‘goggie’ architecture.* Saw the Eagles play there way back in the day and it was one of the best concerts I’ve been to…and I was not/still not a huge Eagles fan.

*Googie style is very a very spec style…very space age. Think the Space needle in Seattle or the the Jetson’s apt building.

Quote Originally Posted by LaCajunsFan View Post
    I know it’s at TSAB, but the PMac has awesome acoustics. It is also a great example of ‘goggie’ architecture.* Saw the Eagles play there way back in the day and it was one of the best concerts I’ve been to…and I was not/still not a huge Eagles fan.

*Googie style is very a very spec style…very space age. Think the Space needle in Seattle or the the Jetson’s apt building.
    Was that the concert where Joe Walsh had just joined the Eagles? Might have been the River Center. Was the best Eagles concert of the 3 I’ve been to. Place exploded when he came out and played a James Gang set.

Quote Originally Posted by ZoomZoom View Post
    Was that the concert where Joe Walsh had just joined the Eagles? Might have been the River Center. Was the best Eagles concert of the 3 I’ve been to. Place exploded when he came out and played a James Gang set.
    It was the Hotel California tour, 19f’ng76, lol. I was a sr in high school, but my best friends were already in college at TSAB

https://randymeisnerretrospective.co...mber-5th-1976/

And yes, that was right after Walsh had joined, and I’m a huge fan of his. They started it off w/the the Hotel Calif song, and that was the first time we had heard it….they had just finished recording it. Still one of my fav songs…and it was fantastic hearing it live.

15. Default Re: Venue that Surprised You Most?

saw the Eagles at the Coonastrodome . . . they were still good there

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information