Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Dotson did

Default Re: Dotson did

Walker played for Lions last night. He was involved in some collisions with receivers on 50/50 balls Stafford threw down field for the Rams.

Isn't the official name University of Louisiana at Lafayette, that is what's on his degree. I mean yes we all want to be know as Louisiana but geeze man at least he acknowledged us.

3. Default Re: Dotson did

Quote Originally Posted by Cajun Soldier View Post
    Isn't the official name University of Louisiana at Lafayette, that is what's on his degree. I mean yes we all want to be know as Louisiana but geeze man at least he acknowledged us.
    Is that what he said?

4. Default Re: Dotson did

Louisiana Lafayette

5. Default Re: Dotson did

Quote Originally Posted by CajunVic View Post
    Louisiana Lafayette
    See, that's not a thing.

Kind of what I'm thinking. Guess instead he could just shout out his high school or elementary school like a bunch of other players are doing.

Dude played his ass off for our program and is more than willing to acknowledge where he played college ball, unlike someone else was. No need to be petty.

7. Default Re: Dotson did

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    See, that's not a thing.
    It was his thing last night.

8. Default Re: Dotson did

It was his thing last night.
    That's what everyone is saying.

I missed his disconnect.

9. Default Re: Dotson did

Do we still wonder why it’s so hard after reading this thread. Thousands of people from Lafayette who could care less about any other university routinely use ULL and Louisiana Lafayette.

10. Default Re: Dotson did

Do we still wonder why it’s so hard after reading this thread. Thousands of people from Lafayette who could care less about any other university routinely use ULL and Louisiana Lafayette.
    The rest think the marketing job is done.

Its never done.

We have way bigger problems in the athletic department than what Dotson said while acknowledging his University. I mean heck we hired a high school coach to take over a top 25 program and it's not working please be grateful that the players that help build that ranking are still willing to acknowledge the University. The best thing to happen to the football program in a long time is having a former player acknowledge us on national tv and here we are complaining. Sometimes we should learn to just get out of our own way.

Vic would you rather Louisiana Lafayette or the name of his high school.

13. Default Re: Dotson did

Vic would you rather Louisiana Lafayette or the name of his high school.
    None of this is a knock on Dotson.

Its a knock on the U for not making their players and students aware of the branding.

They think it happens automatically and it doesn't.

"Never stop marketing"

We have way bigger problems in the athletic department than what Dotson said while acknowledging his University. I mean heck we hired a high school coach to take over a top 25 program and it's not working please be grateful that the players that help build that ranking are still willing to acknowledge the University. The best thing to happen to the football program in a long time is having a former player acknowledge us on national tv and here we are complaining. Sometimes we should learn to just get out of our own way.
    This 100%

15. Default Re: Dotson did

What Dotson said is not the problem. It’s merely a symptom. At every level, the push for “Louisiana” has been unserious. Luckily we had fans (and a few big donors) that held athletics’ feet to the fire for a while but many of those voices have either left for better jobs or given up on athletics. This is just another blinking yellow light down the path of irrelevance.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information